Alfie the racist

12345679»

Comments

• RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    Oh ffs, time out, time out!

Neither Aleks or Alfie are perfect, Alfie shouldn't have said what he did and neither man has been totally truthful to their spouses, cheating or otherwise, I never said that Alfie didn't cheat on Roxy I said he didn't spend the night with Kat which he didn't.

And Kitkat, if you're not having a go at/bashing Alfie why do you feel the need to keep saying so?

You say you're not against Alfie but you're not with him and even though Aleks isn't perfect and is obviously hiding a secret to do with his situation back home you lean towards him rather than Alfie, in fact you lean towards anyone as long as it's not Alfie.
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aleks had at least two months to come clean to Roxy before Alfie found out. There was even a scene where Roxy said that Amy didn't need another dad, which lead to many members guessing that he was married. That was the ideal time to mention that he had a daughter at least.

Alfie told Kat he was separated just after they got together, when it was serious between them. When they were together briefly earlier that year, they didn't even sleep together so I'm not entirely surprised that his being married didn't come up.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,176
    Forum Member
    Oh ffs, time out, time out!

Neither Aleks or Alfie are perfect, Alfie shouldn't have said what he did and neither man has been totally truthful to their spouses, cheating or otherwise, I never said that Alfie didn't cheat on Roxy I said he didn't spend the night with Kat which he didn't.

And Kitkat, if you're not having a go at/bashing Alfie why do you feel the need to keep saying so?

You say you're not against Alfie but you're not with him and even though Aleks isn't perfect and is obviously hiding a secret to do with his situation back home you lean towards him rather than Alfie, in fact you lean towards anyone as long as it's not Alfie.

Because i've been accused of it and the last statement simply isn't true.

I was totally on Alfie's side this time last year when Ronnie returned even though I find Ronnie the more interesting character. I was completely on Alfie's side all through 2011 and 2012 and hated Kat for the way she was treating him. I was on his side through most of the relationship with Roxy.

Maybe you should check my long term posting history before you accuse me of always being against Alfie. I don't like most of the actions he has taken since last November and say so however due to there being some fans who don't seem to want to hear a word against him and do accuse people of attacking him just for the sake of it I feel I need to qualify that it isn't a witch hunt on my part

I have characters I like better than others (of course I do) but it is wrong to suggest that Alfie has never been one of my faves because he has. But I view each storyline at the time and comment as I see it on how the characters behave and whether I think they are in the right or wrong.

I happen to think that whilst Aleks is very ambiguous, has done some very iffy things (pocketing the cash in his first week for example, not telling the stall holders about the possible closure, threatening Ian) in his dealings with Alfie he has been more sinned against than sinned. That is my opinion and I am entitled to say as much.

As i've alreasy said, I don't have to like the way the character is behaving to find them interesting, enjoy watching them and be a 'fan'. I love ian, he is probably my favourite character of all time and I will defend him but freely admit he is a slimy, nasty little git much of the time and many of his actions are just wrong. Doesn't stop me loving him, understanding why he behaves as he does but I have no issue with people that call him on his actions and dislike him.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keep him in Eastenders, I don't particularly want Richie in any shows I watch regularly, while he is in Eastenders I can avoid him.
    Forum Member
    I do think this has been handled much better that Corrie's attempt at 'is it or is it not racist' storyline last year.
  • ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit that I was really ANNOYED with Alfie last night. I know he was in a bad mood and had a rant at Aleks but his comments was uncalled for :/
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Because i've been accused of it and the last statement simply isn't true.

I was totally on Alfie's side this time last year when Ronnie returned even though I find Ronnie the more interesting character. I was completely on Alfie's side all through 2011 and 2012 and hated Kat for the way she was treating him. I was on his side through most of the relationship with Roxy.

Maybe you should check my long term posting history before you accuse me of always being against Alfie. I don't like most of the actions he has taken since last November and say so however due to there being some fans who don't seem to want to hear a word against him and do accuse people of attacking him just for the sake of it I feel I need to qualify that it isn't a witch hunt on my part

I have characters I like better than others (of course I do) but it is wrong to suggest that Alfie has never been one of my faves because he has. But I view each storyline at the time and comment as I see it on how the characters behave and whether I think they are in the right or wrong.

I happen to think that whilst Aleks is very ambiguous, has done some very iffy things (pocketing the cash in his first week for example, not telling the stall holders about the possible closure, threatening Ian) in his dealings with Alfie he has been more sinned against than sinned. That is my opinion and I am entitled to say as much.

As i've alrasy said, I don't have to like the way the character is behaving to find them interesting, enjoy watching them and be a 'fan'. I love ian, he is probably my favourite character of all time and I will defend him but freely admit he is a slimy, nasty little git much of the time and many of his actions are just wrong. Doesn't stop me loving him, understanding why he behaves as he does but I have no issue with people that call him on his actions and dislike him.

I won't be going through your posting history because I don't need to as I am not accusing you of being against Alfie/bashing him for the sake of it/being on a witch hunt I just wondered why you needed to keep saying so and you have answered my question so thanks for that!
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think this has been handled much better that Corrie's attempt at 'is it or is it not racist' storyline last year.

Hahaha that was ridiculous
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully Alfie delivers some more nastiness in tonights episode. Possibly even more scathing and offensive if we're lucky.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say that this thread has amused me somewhat, seeing all this posts having a moan about what a "Character" in a soap opera said which was handed to him in the form of a little piece of paper known as a script. Regardless of his use in the soap, he was only doing what he is paid to do by producers. Still at least they have flipped the finger up at the PC brigade by having him say the line.
    Forum Member
    I won't be going through your posting history because I don't need to as I am not accusing you of being against Alfie/bashing him for the sake of it/being on a witch hunt I just wondered why you needed to keep saying so and you have answered my question so thanks for that!

Okay - thanks. I guess I just don't like being accused of things and go on the defensive. Apologies x
    Forum Member
    I have to say that this thread has amused me somewhat, seeing all this posts having a moan about what a "Character" in a soap opera said which was handed to him in the form of a little piece of paper known as a script. Regardless of his use in the soap, he was only doing what he is paid to do by producers. Still at least they have flipped the finger up at the PC brigade by having him say the line.

I think we are all aware that it i'd fiction and the actor is just doing what is written in the script.

But, this is a soap forum, one of which purposes is to discuss characters and their actions and motivations within the fictional universe created by the writers. If we all just had the 'he did it because the writers told him to' attitude no debate would ever last very long. In fact there would be no point to a soap forum at all except to talk about how pretty (or not) the looked in the episode.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What Alfie said was out of line but alek is also just as bad. Getting Tam to delete Alfie's message so he could take his stall off him knowing he needed it for his family.
    Forum Member
    Okay - thanks. I guess I just don't like being accused of things and go on the defensive. Apologies x

That's fine, I can be defensive too and I guess I take the Alfie stuff too seriously.
  • Julie_SmithJulie_Smith Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    Alfie lost his rag and said something stupid,we all know in real life rascist comments directed at eastern European people never happens in real life does it???
  • Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Well said Alfie :)

I am not racist at all but it's nice to see EastEnders getting it's balls back and sticking two fingers up to the PC Idiots.

More of this please EastEnders!

I agree with your comment Dan.

People dont like it but its how many feel whether its right or wrong. I personally think there are people from overseas who are willing to do a hard days graft where there are millions of lazy arse britains sat on their backsides happy to live off benefits so i say work away even if your not from our country. (and yes im perfectly aware of theres a difference between those who physically cant work) Infact do a house swap with the lazy arses so we have an island of workers not takers :D

Think it was pretty clear though Alfie was in the middle of some break down, as much as some dont like him i think hes a great bubbly character and have always liked him. He has his ups and he has his downs just as most people do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rick_Poppa wrote: »
    WHAT!!! Sorrym but have you actually read that back?

Disgusting comment!!

How is that comment disgusting it is realistic it happens everyday. They never said it was their personal opinion
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,516
    Forum Member
    How is that comment disgusting it is realistic it happens everyday. They never said it was their personal opinion

Because something happens every day does not make it any less disgusting Does it?
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,691
    Forum Member
    The fundamental thing is this. Aleks is "he". Not "they". He is an individual.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alfie is a p***k but not a racist.

If you want an example of real systematic racism take a look at what those poor girls in Rotherham went through because they were seen as 'easy meat' by a certain section of society.

And the f****g authorities covered it all up in the name of political correctness.

They did not give a shit about all those ruined lives. >:(
  • daynajohndaynajohn Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Rick_Poppa wrote: »
    Has anyone got an email address for the BBC I wanna complain... that scene was totally out of order!!

It's unpleasant to watch buts representative ovf real life there's no point sugar coating it