Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From a work email: "[...] less features and less picture quality."

I'm disliking 'less' as the replacement of 'fewer' and 'lower' nowadays. :cry:
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Driving down a narrow road and pull over to allow oncoming traffic to pass only for EVERYONE behind me to overtake me and cause me to sit there waiting like a div for not only the overtaking traffic but then to allow the oncoming traffic to eventually pass.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    SaturnV wrote: »
    That'll be because cups measure volume and grams are weight.
    You'd have to have a different conversion for each different ingredient, not just 1 cup = n grams.
    Is that where it's going wrong?

No I use a proper conversion table each time.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    EStaffs90 wrote: »
    When you get a package from Amazon and you pull the tab on it - only for a little bit to come off. And then you try again and the other end, with the same result.

I hope you're not referring to me there.

On the subject of Amazon packages, I got a big flat package the other day, it turned out to be some monitor wipes I'd ordered.
    Why all that wasted packaging just for that when a smaller box would have done? :confused:
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    On the subject of Amazon packages, I got a big flat package the other day, it turned out to be some monitor wipes I'd ordered.
    Why all that wasted packaging just for that when a smaller box would have done? :confused:

You should try ordering vinyl.

You get this huge box big enough to fit an old, top-loading video recorder; open that up and wade through about 400 yards of brown paper packing; then at the bottom is your record packaged in a very sturdy record mailer that is more than adequate for sending through the post itself.
  • Options
    sheffieldersheffielder Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was forced off the pavement by two sets of threesomes, 30 yards apart, just last week
    I had to step into the road. They were blissfully unaware.

I saw the first group coming and knew it was going to happen. I decided my inconvenience was the easier option instead of standing my ground. But gobsmacked when it happened again a few seconds later.

But I have mentally prepared for next time. Polite assertiveness is the key.

I have also packed an axe in my rucksack, just in case.

I refuse to step off the pavement for a cyclist. I usually stand still, generally turn my back on them. If they insist on crashing into me, they will come off worse!

(unless it's a child cycling on the pavement, that's different)
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    Presumably you mean someone possibly incapacitated, blind, not feeling well, infirm etc.
    That's totally understandable, and no one should bitch about it, but it's when two people in good health stand side by side, when there are notices saying, "Stand on the Right" clearly displayed that annoys people.
    Personally my days of galloping up escalators are long gone, I just get on, move to the right, and wait until I reach the top or bottom to get off, but some people are pushed for time and would like to take advantage of a clear lane.

You wouldn't know for sure if they were in good health though, there are loads of illnesses/disabilities that are hidden
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who walk up the wrong side of the stairs, and along the wrong side of a corridor.
    We drive on the LEFT, so WALK on the left !
  • Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,036
    Forum Member
    People who walk up the wrong side of the stairs, and along the wrong side of a corridor.
    We drive on the LEFT, so WALK on the left !

Didn't know there was and official wrong side of the stairs :blush:
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EvieJ wrote: »
    Didn't know there was and official wrong side of the stairs :blush:

There isn't
  • Options
    seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who constantly complain that it's "narcissistic" to use social networking sites: an inherently hypocritical argument, as they are trying to make themselves look better/draw attention to themselves by implying they are better than someone else
  • Options
    Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I go to the effort of creating a reasoned, well thought-out, highly informed opinion in a thread, and no responds to it. I'm not saying people shouldn't - obviously - it's just a trivial thing that annoys me.

I like to think that I am a man who considers quality of posts over quantity of posts.
  • Options
    coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Waiting in for tradesmen, etc. to arrive.
    It's happening now, as I type, waiting for the sodding leccy man.
    I can't relax and am bursting for the loo!
    I can't abide strangers in the house either.
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Waiting in for tradesmen, etc. to arrive.
    It's happening now, as I type, waiting for the sodding leccy man.
    I can't relax and am bursting for the loo!
    I can't abide strangers in the house either.

This reminds me of the other day I was due to have broadband installed. in multiple messages on my phone from the ISP it said that an engineer is booked for between 1-6pm, being ill I've had no sleep in days so set my alarm for 11.30 just incase that night I actually got some sleep I woke up at 9.30 thankfully as the engineer arrived at 11am (although I supose its better than a no-show).

I'm just grateful that I hadn't had anything planned that morning as I would have missed him.

Then he seemed to moan because after wiring up by the main door he had to wire up into the living room, what did he expect that I wouldn't need a phone socket anywhere?
  • Options
    OvertheUnderOvertheUnder Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    From a work email: "[...] less features and less picture quality."

I'm disliking 'less' as the replacement of 'fewer' and 'lower' nowadays. :cry:

Have you seen Game of Thrones?

Stannis corrects people on this in various episodes. Quite funny in a deadpan sort of way :D
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    People who in their enthusiasm to kick off a new thread title it with a typo. Currently there's one going named "Britain's dealiest rail disaster". Dealiest? Come on guy...
  • Options
    SlapstickGandhiSlapstickGandhi Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    The SI unit for distance being kilometres. It should clearly be metres.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    You should try ordering vinyl.

You get this huge box big enough to fit an old, top-loading video recorder; open that up and wade through about 400 yards of brown paper packing; then at the bottom is your record packaged in a very sturdy record mailer that is more than adequate for sending through the post itself.

Ha ha, I first read that as vinyl flooring - yes it would be a large package!! :D
  • Options
    Finny SkeletaFinny Skeleta Posts: 2,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting served in bloody Weatherspoons.

I just went to the bar and there were two people being served, one waiting and four people behind the bar.

It took me seven minutes to get served.

I'm sending this on their Wi-Fi though. Sod 'em.
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who drop litter on the floor next to a litter bin :confused:
  • Options
    Jasper92Jasper92 Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The SI unit for distance being kilometres. It should clearly be metres.

It is, isn't it? :confused:
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    Jasper92 wrote: »
    It is, isn't it? :confused:
    It is according to the internet.
    Internet wrote:
    The metre (m) - unit of measurement of length
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Crappy keyboards that don't work
  • Options
    makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Women who wear those massive sun glasses which make them look like human flies!

-People who think I'm weird when I tell them I'm not on Facebook anymore...

-People who can't talk in a normal volume when they are in public. Usually chavs.

-When my cat is sick, he always does it about 30cm away from the nice smooth kitchen floor... instead he does it on the carpet. Every time!

-Those annoying tabs you get on milk cartons... the ones that never come off in one piece or the small tab handle is usually missing.

-People who go to a petrol station, get fuel, then proceed to do their weeks shopping whilst I'm in the car behind theirs! God dammit! Park up out of the way in future before you do your food shopping!

-Standing in a que and getting near the front, when a random person joins their friends sneakily on front of you avoiding having to que up themselves... i can see what you did there, avoiding eye contact with me will not make my rage go down! Get to the back of the queue ass wipe!
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    When someone leaves the bathroom window open too wide before I shower. When I start showering the draft moves the shower curtain onto my leg. If I'm looking in a different direction (am unaware) it feels like someone stroking my leg - creepy.
This discussion has been closed.