Karen Hauer will be Karen Clifton

thengp12thengp12 Posts: 5,670
Forum Member
I thought I might post this

I asked her on twitter when are they (Karen and Kevin) are getting married and whether or not she will be called Karen Clifton

She then said this

@karen_hauer: @thengp12 @bbcstrictly summer time and yes x

Comments

• GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overkill I think pro dancers should be as neutral as possible and not draw to much attention to themselves that they are together in real life and I thought this didnt happen with them last series which most of it wasn't their fault. Janette and Aljaz are an item but the viewers wouldn't really know that.
  • ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hauer was a previous husband's last name anyway.
  • thengp12thengp12 Posts: 5,670
    Forum Member
    Elsa wrote: »
    Hauer was a previous husband's last name anyway.

Yes she auditioned with him on SYTYCD. I think his name is Matthew
  • JDarcyJDarcy Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Overkill I think pro dancers should be as neutral as possible and not draw to much attention to themselves that they are together in real life and I thought this didnt happen with them last series which most of it wasn't their fault. Janette and Aljaz are an item but the viewers wouldn't really know that.

She wants to be known by her married name in a professional context, I don't personally think that's "overkill". There have been married couples on strictly before who shared the same last name.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JDarcy wrote: »
    She wants to be known by her married name in a professional context, I don't personally think that's "overkill". There have been married couples on strictly before who shared the same last name.

We have had the Jordans, the Cutlers albeit they were divorced by then, also there are already two Cliftons albeit siblings, possibly more I have forgotten?
  • ClartemClartem Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I beg to differ re Janette and Aljaz. Being an incurable romantic:blush: I commented on other threads about how sweet they were with each other. Cuddling on screen and getting emotional on the others' behalf when they were in danger or voted off
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

why is it overkill?

she is marrying the man she loves and wants to take his surname and be known by it :confused:
  • GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said overkill because it will be 3 Clifton's on next series.
  • backstageonebackstageone Posts: 244
    Forum Member

:oTHE HORROR
  • perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    We have had the Jordans, the Cutlers albeit they were divorced by then, also there are already two Cliftons albeit siblings, possibly more I have forgotten?

Bennetts too.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I think the overkill is being so nosy about when they're getting married - it's none of anyone's business but theirs!

Whether Karen changes her name or not is up to her, and it shouldn't make a bit of difference to anyone. And I don't see how whether or not you can tell she and Kevin are a couple should make a difference either - if they want to be affectionate and are happy with people mentioning it on the show, then that's fine. Certainly there were a few suggestive comments from Zoe about Janette & Aljaz as well, so it's not as if Karen & Kevin are the only ones whose relationship is occasionally hinted at!
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope every pro changes their name to Clifton in solidarity. Anton du Clifton, Tristan MacClifton, Iveta Cliftonasiute, Kristina Cliftonov...
  • AngelaAngela Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    I hope every pro changes their name to Clifton in solidarity. Anton du Clifton, Tristan MacClifton, Iveta Cliftonasiute, Kristina Cliftonov...

Only you could come up with this! :D:D:D:D:D
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D:D
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

only if Joanne, Kevin and Karen get contracts for the next series

there is no guarantee that they will
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bennetts too.

Ah yes, but Lilia did keep her maiden name IIRC :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I think the overkill is being so nosy about when they're getting married - it's none of anyone's business but theirs!

Whether Karen changes her name or not is up to her, and it shouldn't make a bit of difference to anyone. And I don't see how whether or not you can tell she and Kevin are a couple should make a difference either - if they want to be affectionate and are happy with people mentioning it on the show, then that's fine. Certainly there were a few suggestive comments from Zoe about Janette & Aljaz as well, so it's not as if Karen & Kevin are the only ones whose relationship is occasionally hinted at!

Nowt to stop Kevin swapping either, though I doubt he'd want to take Karen's former hubby's name. ;-)
  • MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And the whole production crew... The credits could look like a Top Gear special :cool:
  • perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    Ah yes, but Lilia did keep her maiden name IIRC :)

Totally blanked on Lilia not being Bennett :blush:
  • Thom001Thom001 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    only if Joanne, Kevin and Karen get contracts for the next series

there is no guarantee that they will

Personally, I would like to see Joanne come back this year and hopefully she might get a better partner.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the whole production crew... The credits could look like a Top Gear special :cool:

And the presenters - I would love too see Claudia introduced as Claudia Clifton-Winkleman.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Best post ever :D
  • Sue_HowarthSue_Howarth Posts: 1,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cliftopseal
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And whatever celebs appear.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    And the presenters - I would love too see Claudia introduced as Claudia Clifton-Winkleman.

Judges as well.

Bruno Cliftonioli etc.