CoD: Modern Warfare Remastered

Comments

• MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the Mile High club level still there after you finished the campaign?
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    MsLurker wrote: »
    Is the Mile High club level still there after you finished the campaign?

I think there would be a general revolt if they'd removed MHC....:D

Yes, it's still there, in all its glory.
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MWRM cant come fast enough now, i tried playing Blops 3 earlier and i had to give it up as a bad job, what an absolute balls up of a game it is, jumping around like a prick really isn't my thing.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    With the digital version, does Infinite Warfare need to be installed on the console or is it only the disc version that needs you to have it in the console?
    Forum Member
    The Sack wrote: »
    MWRM cant come fast enough now, i tried playing Blops 3 earlier and i had to give it up as a bad job, what an absolute balls up of a game it is, jumping around like a prick really isn't my thing.

If jumping around like a tvvat isn't your thing then just use your invisibility cloak...or, shoot them with your ray gun.....:D
    OMTT wrote: »
    With the digital version, does Infinite Warfare need to be installed on the console or is it only the disc version that needs you to have it in the console?

Not sure. Oddly, when you install MWR on the PS4, when you start the game you can choose between SP, MP and IW. Looks like you can launch IW from within MWR! :D
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Looks like you can launch IW from within MWR! :D

Might be a hidden rare trophy if you press the IW button. Not many will do it I feel.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Might be a hidden rare trophy if you press the IW button. Not many will do it I feel.

More like desperate attempt to get people playing the rubbish, they need to peddle the DLC yet
    Forum Member
    More like desperate attempt to get people playing the rubbish, they need to peddle the DLC yet

Another reason that I'm almost certain they'll tie the remaining 4 MW DLC maps to the IW season pass.

Totally cynical. Totally lame. Totally Activi$ion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they intend on releasing MWR next year on its own then hopefully the 2 wont be entwined.
  • Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If jumping around like a tvvat isn't your thing then just use your invisibility cloak...or, shoot them with your ray gun.....:D

Not sure. Oddly, when you install MWR on the PS4, when you start the game you can choose between SP, MP and IW. Looks like you can launch IW from within MWR! :D

I heard you need to have IW disc in the machine to launch any MWR content. Stops people selling IW who only purchased it for MWR.
    Forum Member
    Chris_TV wrote: »
    I heard you need to have IW disc in the machine to launch any MWR content. Stops people selling IW who only purchased it for MWR.

Activi$ion.

Gotta prop up the IW sales somehow.

GAME/CEX would be flooded with copies of IW day two onwards otherwise.
  • NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Managed to get the platinum trophy tonight :)

Here's a clip of me completing the famous Mile High Club mission on Veteran difficulty: https://youtu.be/OjSZpUuV_p4

Enjoy.
    Forum Member
    Has there been any news if Infinity Warfare is required to play the remaster or can you you download it & get rid of the disc? I've not been in the loop with things CODwise

I know someone that works for a PlayStation website and they confirmed that you don't need to have IW installed to play MWR if you buy the game digitally as it works from a digital license. So you can complete the IW campaign, delete & still have access to MWR.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know someone that works for a PlayStation website and they confirmed that you don't need to have IW installed to play MWR if you buy the game digitally as it works from a digital license. So you can complete the IW campaign, delete & still have access to MWR.

Fairly obvious given you couldn't sell it on.
    Forum Member
    Glad that I won't have to tarnish my HDD with the pile of *%#$. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see they have started to fanny about with it with 1000 levels, 10 extra prestiges and prestige tokens.

Just leave the funking thing as it was FFS!
    Forum Member
    Played some of this online last night. First impressions:

TTK is too fast. Getting melted before I can react.

Enemies blend into the environment too much. Lighting in maps is much improved but textures are average.

Standard of player is very high at the moment but I guess that's to be expected with the early gameplay release.

Feel like a noob playing this game but once I unlocked a few attachments I started posting some half decent scores and enjoying the game again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enemies blend into the environment too much.

Its always been like that, tons of kills on COD4 came from noticing something subtly different with the map as you looked at it.
    Forum Member
    I see they have started to fanny about with it with 1000 levels, 10 extra prestiges and prestige tokens.

Just leave the funking thing as it was FFS!

I'd rather they left alone TBH, but if they're going to tinker with anything then I'd rather it be that side of things than the gameplay.

I don't actually mind them introducing prestige master, it'll give some reward for longevity of gameplay and I expect to be playing this for a looooong time. :)

At least you can turn off the annoying medal pop ups!
    Forum Member
    Its always been like that, tons of kills on COD4 came from noticing something subtly different with the map as you looked at it.

Yeah maybe 9/10 years ago when COD4 was out and HD tvs was in its infancy, now with 4k tvs and better graphics technology they could have improved on this.
    I'd rather they left alone TBH, but if they're going to tinker with anything then I'd rather it be that side of things than the gameplay.

I don't actually mind them introducing prestige master, it'll give some reward for longevity of gameplay and I expect to be playing this for a looooong time. :)

At least you can turn off the annoying medal pop ups!

I will probably only go up to 10th prestige. The gold cross is iconic and still looks the best I reckon. Not only that but it takes alot longer to rank up in MW than most other CODs.
    Forum Member
    I will probably only go up to 10th prestige. The gold cross is iconic and still looks the best I reckon. Not only that but it takes alot longer to rank up in MW than most other CODs.

Agree - GC is still the one to get. :cool:

Played Bog, Crossfire and Crash. Still great maps.

Biggest challenge for me is getting used to playing it with the DS controller. I've always played CoD on the XB really until now.

Evident so far is just how far my sniping skills have been eroded by more recent CoDs!
    Forum Member
    I ordered a key here for £59.99 http://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/psn-games/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-legacy-edition-ps4

£20 cheaper than PSN. Don't mind pay £60 for it and having it on hard drive to play whenever I want as I know I'll get 100s hours out of it.

Edit: I got sent 2 seperate codes. One for IW & one for MW. I don't have a PS4 until next Thursday to check but I wonder if it's possible to just redeem the MW code & play it and sell the IW code?
    Forum Member
    Servers are up and down at the moment as they continue to tweak them ahead of release.

From what I've played so far this is literally the best CoD since, well CoD4! :D

This game is going to be so much fun again.
    Forum Member
    Servers are up and down at the moment as they continue to tweak them ahead of release.

From what I've played so far this is literally the best CoD since, well CoD4! :D

This game is going to be so much fun again.

Will they reset the stats on Friday?
  • shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I racked up actual weeks of playtime with the original CoD4 multiplayer. It's still the best CoD to this day IMO. Headquarters on Shipment was always insane fun. AK-74u or MP5 with Bandolier/3 frags, Stopping Power/UAV Jammer, and Steady Aim or Martyrdom for the lols. Martyrdom on Shipment was always annoying. Proud owner of the gold shotguns.