LCN 181 ADULT Playboy TV Chat back on freeview.

tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Will this be useing Babstaion x hours?

Comments

• jj20xjj20x Posts: 2,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomee wrote: »
    Will this be useing Babstaion x hours?

It's on SDN, Babestation X was on Arqiva B.
  • David_AylingDavid_Ayling Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it could be replacing TVX on DTT . if i'm right dose TOPUP TV not run the software you see on screen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TVX isn't encrypted, just hidden streams accessed by a PIN via the red button, so it doesn't need an encryption infrastructure. As it technically timeshares with 5*, I would have thought that, if TVX is being replaced with an adult "chat" service, it would be replaced by one from the Northern & Shell stable, rather than one from a competitor. I've not seen any announcements to indicate that TVX is closing on DTT. Which does raise the question, where else could it go on SDN?
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,418
    Forum Member
    It could be replacing one of the TUTV streams, probably the one on C5+1 as C5 can't usefully use that space - whereas 5USA and 5* could broadcast whatever they broadcast overnight on other platforms.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisy wrote: »
    It could be replacing one of the TUTV streams, probably the one on C5+1 as C5 can't usefully use that space - whereas 5USA and 5* could broadcast whatever they broadcast overnight on other platforms.

None of the TUTV Anytime streams are very useful for this type of content, they all cross the 5.30am watershed. Also, Northern and Shell have their own Studio 66 branded adult chat services, so if taking time from a shared stream with C5, it would make more sense to add one of their own brands.
  • tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    181 is now showing Playboy channel, Sutton Coldfield transmitter.

Any idea where the hours are coming from?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any idea where the hours are coming from?

It's probably better to wait until it starts rather than to speculate at this stage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jj20x wrote: »
    It's probably better to wait until it starts rather than to speculate at this stage.

Well it was on air last night the EPG has not been updated at the time of posting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it was on air last night the EPG has not been updated at the time of posting.

When was it on air? As far as I know, it was only the "coming soon" caption.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When was it on air? As far as I know, it was only the "coming soon" caption.

Midnight don't now how many hours.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange, I was testing a new tuner dongle on SDN and it didn't show up, I'll check tonight.
  • BizmanBizman Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My tv has added it, but the EPG says 'coming soon'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizman wrote: »
    My tv has added it, but the EPG says 'coming soon'.

Same here but tomee is claiming to have seen it "on air" at midnight. At the moment, that would only be possible with a 14th video stream added and with the number of data services currently on SDN, that's not really feasible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    My EPG (Winter Hill) still says "coming soon", for all of the next 7 days.

I find it strange that they are returning to freeview after they left suddenly last November. They will have more competition now, since channel 180 was not on air then.
  • chrisychrisy Posts: 9,418
    Forum Member
    Same here but tomee is claiming to have seen it "on air" at midnight.

It wasn't, as it would be showing some times here: www.terrestrialtv.co.uk/live
    Unless it was on-air for less than half an hour or my server was playing up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viewer66 wrote: »
    My EPG (Winter Hill) still says "coming soon", for all of the next 7 days.

I find it strange that they are returning to freeview after they left suddenly last November. They will have more competition now, since channel 180 was not on air then.

Unless 180 was a short term lease and will be leaving shortly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisy wrote: »
    It wasn't, as it would be showing some times here: www.terrestrialtv.co.uk/live
    Unless it was on-air for less than half an hour or my server was playing up.

Indeed, I didn't notice any new PIDs and SDN was monitored from around 9pm to 3.30am. I'll run a few checks tonight to see if it does appear for a short period but, given that there's not really any unallocated capacity, I don't actually expect to see it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed, I didn't notice any new PIDs and SDN was monitored from around 9pm to 3.30am. I'll run a few checks tonight to see if it does appear for a short period but, given that there's not really any unallocated capacity, I don't actually expect to see it.

I am going to do it the old fashion way and just switch to the channel at midnight or just after.

The information came from Adrian_Baggott who posted it in the The Freeview Changelog.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The information came from Adrian_Baggott who posted it in the The Freeview Changelog.

That doesn't say it was live, he probably noticed the caption and hadn't realised it had already been logged on the previous page.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That doesn't say it was live, he probably noticed the caption and hadn't realised it had already been logged on the previous page.

That right no one said it was live as far as i can see.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That right no one said it was live as far as i can see.

Ok, you appeared to say that when you replied to my question about when it was "on air" in post #11. Captions are generally present when a channel is off-air.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playboy tv chat and all redlight channels will be returning to freeview
    in hopefully the next 10 days we are testing at the moment
    are channels use red button ip freeview

QUOTE from redlight central posted on 09-10-2013 10:01 (Babes UK Forum)

So look like all the Redlight Central channels are all coming to freeview via IPTV. At least the channels wont take up any spaces from the normal freeview channel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    QUOTE from redlight central posted on 09-10-2013 10:01 (Babes UK Forum)

So look like all the Redlight Central channels are all coming to freeview via IPTV. At least the channels wont take up any spaces from the normal freeview channel.

The above was confirmed by Red Light Central on the babeshows forum this morning.
    This is exactly what he posted
    you have to have a internet connection , and a modern tv or box
    all 4 channels went live on friday
  • steve.iesteve.ie Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I've tried it 3 times now, press red to enter and confirm age works. But when I select 1 of the 4 options it says loading for 2 seconds and my tv restarts.