The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He surprised me there!

Is the celebrity one the same as usual with one chaser?
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yaay! The clue was in the word 'blue'
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Are there two Antons??? ,,he is on BBC at the same time :eek::eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He surprised me there!

I don't watch the regular show but yes, there's only one chaser in this one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    Are there two Antons??? ,,he is on BBC at the same time :eek::eek::eek:

I knew Strictly wasn't live. :D:p
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

I can't stand either of the Antons :D:D
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,218
    Forum Member
    I hope Mark's wrong.
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He surprised me there!

No, it's the same as usual - all four Chasers rotate. Paul was the Chaser for the first episode of this series. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, Downing Street question for an MP.
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Nor is The Chase.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, Downing Street question for an MP.

A lot the celebrity questions seem to be erm......'tailored' :rolleyes:

I don't mind as it's for charity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't watch the regular show but yes, there's only one chaser in this one.
    No, it's the same as usual - all four Chasers rotate. Paul was the Chaser for the first episode of this series. :)

Thanks! It was more my husband asking as we have never actually seen a celebrity one, even though I watch the itv one and have the app :D
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,218
    Forum Member
    Another great performance.
    Forum Member
    How did he not know that,,,,even I knew that
  • Soul_AssassinSoul_Assassin Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    This must be the 4th time this week I have had to put up with Diane Abbotts face on my TV. I hope this isnt a reoccuring theme now shes been sacked from her comfy little job to pay off all her living spaces, stupid cow.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    They needed more pushbacks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay! :D
  • king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, Diane was a fairly good player and she got some good answers in the final, Matt was also good, Demise was average and kept on maki silly remarks about Mark. I think Mark deserved to Winn, I'd have rather seen Anton with Anne, that would be interesting.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting tired of the contestant conferring with the others before deciding which offer to take. It's virtually always the same...basically 'you're good enough to go for the big sum but we'd rather have you back here so go for the middle but it's up to you.'

And the contestant then predictably turns around and says "The big offer is very tempting....but I'll stick to the middle offer".

Just count how often they say that the top offer is very tempting...for them to not take it.

It's a good show, but as has been said, the points where the contestant 'confers' with the others and then decides to go with the middle offer anyway is just dead time and makes for pointless television.
    This is a part that I think needs changing in some way.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    I can't stand either of the Antons :D:D

Look, if you don't like him then its quite a simple thing to turn over and watch something else on the other side.....Oh, you can't.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I was ever on the chase I'd take the higher offer, mainly because it would be the only time I was there, so why not!
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no way that I would risk an higher offer just so that I could give most of it away to the others if we won.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Selection of comments re previous celeb editions:
    Does anyone else find the celeb ones a bit dodgy, easy questions so they can win for charity?

Definitely. I don't usually know most of the answers like I do tonight.:o

You also have the situation where the Chaser is trying to prevent people from winning for charity.

I wonder if they will beat a chaser that usually wipes the floor with a score of 16 :rolleyes::rolleyes:,,,oh look they have :rolleyes:

They could have tried to make it not look like a fix at least.

Hmm, I'm very pleased for the charity, but a couple of those push-backs were definitely dodgy. :rolleyes::D
    L_Roberts wrote: »
    Celebrity versions of The Chase are as fixed as wrestling. Ther regular episodes are always good to watch, but the celeb versions are a joke.
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    Well, the proof of that will be if the celebs win on all future shows.

It's rare for celebs to win on Pointless Celebrities, but if they don't a token amount is donated to each player's charity.

Well, I was right, as I expected. The celebrity editions are not fixed. And they did get a token amount for the charity when they lost, just like Pointless.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    There is no way that I would risk an higher offer just so that I could give most of it away to the others if we won.

For there resides faith, hope and charity .... but I can't remember which is the greatest. :)
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    For there resides faith, hope and charity .... but I can't remember which is the greatest. :)

Hope, surely. It was all that was left in Pandora's box.
This discussion has been closed.