Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ann is a good player, should be good in final chase
  • Options
    David1964David1964 Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi David.
    Naaa. I think he takes it all in his stride. It's an act. :)

Hi VQ!
    Can't believe she took the lower offer:eek:
  • Options
    JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She'll be no use in Vegas :D
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it'll be Shaun's day today. They're both very good players and they could nail him on the pushbacks. I'll be surprised if they don't get 17 at least.
  • Options
    wef0undl0vewef0undl0ve Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member
    They seem very good, Shaun'll need to be on his best today but I think he could just get it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not too bad a score, can see Shaun struggling to beat that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shaun well beaten there, well done girls
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Defeated by wasting time. Not just the Pushbacks he just wasted too much time. >_<
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Another shocker for Shaun again, No excuses for him today cus that was awful:eek::(
  • Options
    Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Girl Power!!! :D
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was dodgy, Gatwick and he was really slow tonight.
  • Options
    DONTBANMEDONTBANME Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Woman to Jamie - "You are better than that" - no he was worse.

Thought writing was "another feather in Putin's bow!:D and Jack Ryder was a famous old golfer (and not an Eastenders actor):o
  • Options
    king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did they win, Well Done guys
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That was dodgy, Gatwick and he was really slow tonight.

Not dodgy - he blatantly threw the game. So very slow to answer and I don't imagine he would be getting those questions wrong in the quiz Grand Prixs he enters. Viewers are being taken for a ride.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DONTBANME wrote: »

Thought writing was "another feather in Putin's bow!:D and Jack Ryder was a famous old golfer (and not an Eastenders actor):o

Well, Putin does have his finger in lots of pies and we don't all watch the soaps!
    However, Obama was the only one whom I knew had daughters so that's why I plumped for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    VQ - Read the remark about Putin again.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not dodgy - he blatantly threw the game. So very slow to answer and I don't imagine he would be getting those questions wrong in the quiz Grand Prixs he enters. Viewers are being taken for a ride.

Your post raises an interesting question.
    What is the plural of grand prix?
    I think it's grands prix because prix is the same whether singular or plural but it would have to agree with any adjective.
    Does anyone know any better? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

VQ - Read the remark about Putin again.:)

Ohhhhh right! I missed the mixed metaphores before. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wondered about that one, was a bit lazy in not looking it up, Incidentally neither do I watch soaps but Jack Ryder was in the papers very often a few years back.
  • Options
    SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Defeated by wasting time. Not just the Pushbacks he just wasted too much time. >_<

Indeed. Shaun has this irritating habit of faffing around when he doesn't know the answer to some questions. I sometimes find myself shouting at the tv for him to pass or hurry up. I think he needs to follow Mark's strategy on passing quickly on questions they don't know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. Shaun has this irritating habit of faffing around when he doesn't know the answer to some questions. I sometimes find myself shouting at the tv for him to pass or hurry up. I think he needs to follow Mark's strategy on passing quickly on questions they don't know.

Don't you think that they occasionally allow the contestants win?
    It would be too boring if the wins were very few are far between.
    Tonight's prize of £7,500 is a drop in the ocean to ITV.
    The Chasers aren't professional actors so they're pretty transparent.
    Well, that's what I think happens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    VQ - I agree entirely. If it was above board the chasers would win 9 times out of 10. Tonight's performance by Wallace was so slow and so poor to be credible. It is a shame because it has spoiled my enjoyment of the programme. What makes it unfair is that some very good contestants have left with nothing and some useless ones have won decent amounts. They so very obviously let the challengers win in charity special shows so whats to stop them doing it on "normal" shows. Pure quiz pantomime:(
  • Options
    SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Virgin Queen;65446796]Don't you think that they occasionally allow the contestants win?
    It would be too boring if the wins were very few are far between.
    Tonight's prize of £7,500 is a drop in the ocean to ITV.
    The Chasers aren't professional actors so they're pretty transparent.
    Well, that's what I think happens.[/QUOTE]

Hmm maybe. Some people may have suspicions that they do, but no-one can know for sure unless they at some point in the future after the show ends permanently admit to doing it.

The Chasers, especially Mark seem to hate losing a game and it shows on their faces most of the time. If they do occasionally allow contestant(s) to win, it must be because they've taken a particular shine to them or have been touched by some sob story,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VQ - I agree entirely. If it was above board the chasers would win 9 times out of 10. Tonight's performance by Wallace was so slow and so poor to be credible. It is a shame because it has spoiled my enjoyment of the programme. What makes it unfair is that some very good contestants have left with nothing and some useless ones have won decent amounts. They so very obviously let the challengers win in charity special shows so whats to stop them doing it on "normal" shows. Pure quiz pantomime:(

If we're right, it can only mean that they take us for a bunch of idiots. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm maybe. Some people may have suspicions that they do, but no-one can know for sure unless they at some point in the future after the show ends permanently admit to doing it.

The Chasers, especially Mark seem to hate losing a game and it shows on their faces most of the time. If they do occasionally allow contestant(s) to win, it must be because they've taken a particular shine to them or have been touched by some sob story,

More likely that there has been a run of nobody winning and it has been decided 'from above' that a win is due.
This discussion has been closed.