Options

Paloma Faith's - A Perfect Contradiction (3rd album thread).

13»

Comments

• Options
    spikeyrobertospikeyroberto Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Number 2 - good chart position
  • Options
    Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats, shame it wasn't #1 but still great.

I think 'Fall To Grace' was #3
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Downloaded this album the other day slightly cautiously having been a bit disappointed with her last effort, but I'm very pleased with this record - really love the sound. She really is a treasure, I was disappointed Can't Rely On You didn't get the airplay it deserved, it's an outstanding track that should have impacted more.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not entirely sure as to why it's being re-released but it has dirt if stalled maybe if they released another single abd promoted it may help. The album had grow. Hugely not her best by far but a decent record that's done amazing for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the third album was a major let down, having adored the first two albums and seeing her twice on tour. Only love can hurt like this being the only decent song. But she is a consistent album seller though, which is rare these days.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    I wouldn't classify a Blurred Lines knock-off with bog-standard Pharrell production as "progression" though.
    It sounds rather desperate and smacks of record label intervention as previously mentioned in this thread.

This is one of the songs that I always skip. Not keen on it at all!

Also there is absolutely no need for the rerelease. It really annoys me when artists rerelease albums because the core fan base have already got the album.

Question: when an artist signs a contract for a certain amount of albums, do rerelease of an album count as one album or as 2 or 3 of their contract?

I've heard of artists releasing a greatest hits album because they had one more album in their contract before signing again or moving labels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    This is one of the songs that I always skip. Not keen on it at all!

Also there is absolutely no need for the rerelease. It really annoys me when artists rerelease albums because the core fan base have already got the album.

Question: when an artist signs a contract for a certain amount of albums, do rerelease of an album count as one album or as 2 or 3 of their contract?

I've heard of artists releasing a greatest hits album because they had one more album in their contract before signing again or moving labels.

I always wondered that as well Mimi. I am personally guessing it still counts as 1 as the re-release is a continuation of the intial original project released first. But some re-releases in the past have been known to be released as standalone releases and often classed as another album like Gaga's The Fame Monster or Kesha's Cannibal.

I always think re-releases should be done if the album hasn't originally done well and they want new songs to attract more buyers. A great example of this is Iggy Azalea. The New Classic hasn't sold very well at all but they are re-releasing it, likely as an attempt to increase better sales.