If you could bring back ONE character to each soap, who would you bring back and why?

cobwebsoupcobwebsoup Posts: 4,858
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Any characters from any soap, dead or alive. Mine would be...

Coronation Street:
Richard Hillman, to cause chaos once again for the Platt family.

Eastenders:
Dennis Rickman, to get Sharon back and kick Philth's arse.

Emmerdale:
Matthew King, to get revenge on Cain and rebuild the King's business.

Hollyoaks:
Max Cunningham, just because his death was so sad and the character is missed.

Neighbours:
Izzy Hoyland, because her and Paul were a great couple back in the mid-00's.

Comments

• Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Corrie: Blanche. I'd love to hear what she'd have said about everything with Rob at the minute and to see her reaction to Deirdre throwing a wobbly about the trifle. :D:D

Emmerdale: Scarlet King. The Kings used to be so business savvy and successful, but since Carl was killed and Charity bought into the business, Jimmy's just been a doormat as far as the business is concerned. Why not utilize the surviving King members while they can?

Eastenders: David! I hate Carol for pushing him away. How dare he even crack a smile after surviving a heart attack.. If David's there, then he can be there for his new relationship with Ian to be explored and also, it'd give reason for Janine to return!
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,714
    Forum Member
    No contest - Sally on H&A. The show peaked on her return last year and I haven't watched since. It is said no one star is bigger than a show but I disagree with Kate and Home and Away. I don't think its ever been the same since she left.
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not including dead characters

ED: Eli Dingle

EE: Grant Mitchell or David Wicks

CS: Sylvia Cropper
  • JBlackpool01253JBlackpool01253 Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    CS - Rosie Webster / Luke Strong
    ED - Kelly Windsor / Nathan Wylde
    EE - Clare Bates / Sean Slater
    HO - Clare Devine / Dominic Hutchinson

HA - Sally Fletcher / Angelo Rosetta
    NB - Flick Scully / Andrew Robinson
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    H&A - Tasha

Neighbours - Andrew

HO - Clare
  • Gigi MichaelsGigi Michaels Posts: 1,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though he's dead, I'd bring back the fabulous Steve Owen but as an unknown twin. That evil mother of his could have given up his twin for adoption, and now the twin Daniel has returned to Walford after finding documents about his brother.
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    H&A
    Pippa Fletcher/Ross/whoever
    Sally and Pippa
    Lance Smart
    Morag Bellingham

Neighbours
    Henry Ramsay
    Clive Gibbons
    Izzy

Corrie
    Harry Flagg
    Claire Peacock (and sons)
    Natasha Blaketon

Emmerdale
    Lady Tara
    Scarlett Nicholls
    Steph Stokes
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    H&A:
    Tasha and Robbie Hunter
    Rachel and Tony Holden
    Amanda and Peter Baker

CS:
    Natasha Blakeman
    Danny and Frankie Baldwin.
  • alakazzamalakazzam Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Eastenders -

Tiffany Mitchell/Raymond
    - She was your typical Eastend sweetheart and even if she still was or was not part of the Mitchell clan, she could have lots of potential links on the square. Great actress and I was heartbroken when she was killed off. (I even bought her 1 hit wonder single - This is my moment! *embarrassedface*

* Danielle Jones -
    Would have loved to see her character explored further with Ronnie & the Mitchells, even interaction with Lola would have been fun to watch.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pauline Fowler, the Beales have been missing a strong matriarch since she left and though I think Jane was fairly successful was nothing compared to Pauline
  • craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE - Grant Mitchell
    ED - Kim Tate
    CS - Kelly Crabtree
    HO - Mandy Richardson
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pat Phelan - ;-) The Armstrong/Windass family get a flat only to find that Phelan is the landlord.
  • SoggyFroggySoggyFroggy Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE: Tiffany Mitchell and Joe Wicks.

I was so young when these two characters were on EE so my explanation as to why would be pretty vague.

Tiffany - I loved how she always put/ tried to put Grant back in his place. Although without Grant & Bianca, i'm not sure how she'd fit within the show as it is now.

Joe - His character was so intriguing. When he first started he was supposed to be the heartthrob but i'm glad that didn't compromise his storyline. I know Paul Nicholls doesn't really have a Bolton accent anymore (loved his accent). It would be interesting to see what the character is like now. But again, without David, Pat and Bianca, I have no idea how he'd fit.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    EE: Pat Butcher. Always Pat.

Because, well because it's Pat.

Or

Chrissie Watts. Even as a guest or for a temporary return, it would be good to see Chrissie again.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    EE Sean Slater. With Stacey and Dean back in the show and Roxy having relationship problems it would be a good time. He could also team up with Charlie to take Nick down.
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CS - Danny Baldwin - Bradley Walsh - loved his nicknames for the factory girls

EE - Bradley Branning - Loved his character - him and Stacey - bless

HO - Jacqui McQueen - Just cos I would! Loved her later scenes with Tony
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,780
    Forum Member
    Pat Phelan - ;-) The Armstrong/Windass family get a flat only to find that Phelan is the landlord.

......and he doesn't accept cash:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    ......and he doesn't accept cash:)

And the Pheelster only accepts "payment in kind" from Anna, for "services rendered" lol. There is no cash involved whatsoever, no :-)
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE: Angie. If only.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And the Pheelster only accepts "payment in kind" from Anna, for "services rendered" lol. There is no cash involved whatsoever, no :-)

It would be better if Owen had to give his share.

Phelan: "Bend over"

Owen: "Yes love"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be better if Owen had to give his share.

Phelan: "Bend over"

Owen: "Yes love"

Yes definitely, the "no cash" could only be beaten by seeing that.

Owen dressed in a French maid's outfit in a little mini skirt, bent over giving it the "Yes Love" - and Owen is the Pheelster's sexual play-thing, once more.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie: Blanche, Sylvia and Natasha.
    ED: Viv Hope.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes definitely, the "no cash" could only be beaten by seeing that.

Owen dressed in a French maid's outfit in a little mini skirt, bent over giving it the "Yes Love" - and Owen is the Pheelster's sexual play-thing, once more.

Phelan needs brought back. A strong male character, ruffle a few feathers. Not like those pathetic "bad boys" being brought in. Ha, they are not real men just boys trying to act hard. Phelan has true charisma and would bring them all down.

I'd like to see him in the Rovers with his own section of the pub (like where the snug used to be) with Owen kneeling by his side in a skirt and wearing a lead. Jim could return and they would run the street.
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE

Pat Butcher

David Wicks

Grant Mitchell
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hollyoaks it would be Jacqui, she was the one who always fixed the McQueen's and they really need that right now and Claire Cooper was such an amazing actress.