The most haunted derelict demon church in the UK has been cursed!

2»

Comments

• AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Send Derek Acorah round. He'll bore the astral knickers off even the most troublesome of pesky poltergeists. They're sure to piss right off if they see him coming with another of his fallacious entourages (Michael Jackson séance anyone?)
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing how people can write such claptrap about a place.

As for clouds, I'm sure if the photographers took their photos on a clear day, there wouldn't be any.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This part of the world is famous for ghosts and legends. Norfolk has lots of abandoned churches.

Tell me if anyone finds this one spooky

http://www.norfolkchurches.co.uk/fulmodestonold/fulmodestonold.htm

Then there's this one which is still in use and has it's own Exorcism story

http://www.norfolkchurches.co.uk/hockering/hockering.htm
  • Adam_Jones2Adam_Jones2 Posts: 345
    Forum Member

this is not a competition lol
  • Dan100Dan100 Posts: 2,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The notion that a church can be haunted is paradoxical.
    How are you supposed to juxtapose a church built on consecrated ground (thus 'God protected') and that souls go to heaven/hell, with the notion that some people's spirits are hanging round on earth?
  • fastzombiefastzombie Posts: 10,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beautiful pictures. I love old churches.
  • NerdyMageeNerdyMagee Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Bit morbid but the most interesting thing about this for me is the visible skeletons. It's sort of fascinating and creepy at the same time. Is it a common thing with old graveyards?
  • getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan100 wrote: »
    How are you supposed to juxtapose a church built on consecrated ground (thus 'God protected') and that souls go to heaven/hell, with the notion that some people's spirits are hanging round on earth?
    The Church would be de-consecrated, though not the cemetery i would think.

Can't imagine why a ghost would hang about it's grave.
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Send Derek Acorah round. He'll bore the astral knickers off even the most troublesome of pesky poltergeists. They're sure to piss right off if they see him coming with another of his fallacious entourages (Michael Jackson séance anyone?)

Mary loves Dick. :D
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »

How could you possibly think Derek Acorah is a fraud after seeing him contact the spirit of Michael Jackson?

It was surely the most convincing piece of mediumship the world has ever seen. :D
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan100 wrote: »

A lot of devil worship goes on in derelict and old churches
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parapsycologists, ghostbusters and crackpots have been drawn to Skidbrooke since the 1970s, he said.

.....'nuff said......
  • Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    .....'nuff said......
    Did they really need three whole synonyms to describe the same group of people?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to see photos of the skeletons :o
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fastzombie wrote: »
    Beautiful pictures. I love old churches.

I agree. I don't find the church mentioned in the OP quite creepy at all, In fact the church looks rather charming in these photos.
  • TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of devil worship goes on in derelict and old churches

I remember "Not the Nine o'clock News"

Interviewer: So you can conjure the Devil by gathering in an abandoned churchyard, taking off all your clothes and engaging in a drink- and drug- fuelled orgy of wild sex with multiple partners?

Satanists (in unison): Who cares?
  • Neil5234Neil5234 Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can it be haunted as there s no such thing as ghosts or spirits.....
  • wantoosoonwantoosoon Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the gloomy oppressive atmosphere of the place appearing to be alomst trying to froce them to leave

I'll be sure to use that one the next time I want to pop out of the office:

Help! the atmosphere is almost trying to force me out!
  • designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I visited the most haunted church in the UK last week it's called St Botolph's Church, Skidbrooke, Lincolnshire.

You need to drive to it park up by the nearest road and walk 5 minutes, it has been derelict since the 1970's and you can easily gain entrance.

However the second you walk into the graveyard you suddenly will feel extremely cold, there is always a dark cloud over the church even on a sunny day, you will feel cold hands touching your head and hands all the time, do not ever go alone or at night.

The graves outside are sinking and you can see skeletons in the graves, it was an amazing experience.

Here is one picture

Local News Article

There are 100's of discussions and videos etc about this church by using Google

The 13th century church has stood abandoned for many a year now. It has not been used for christian worship for 30 years. But its remoteness in marshland and corpse-shrouded eerie setting seem to have made it the focal point for gatherings of a sinister kind. Even before this there was reputated to have been the ghostly figures of hooded monks still haunting the place. A correspondent to the Lincolnshire Echo of 11 February 2006 noted how, late one night, in the hollow, empty shell of the church, he and some friends had clearly heard phantom footsteps crunch on the stone floor. Local lore tells ancient, vague stories of spells and witchcraft and is said that this church has been cursed!
    Stories first appeared in the 1970's and 80's that the empty church had become the haunt of Satanists, so much that it earned the reputaion as the so-called Demon Church.
    There were persistant reports of fires burning in its grounds and strange activities taking place, by January 2004 locals were so disturbed by the goings-on that they forced a meeting between the church leaders and the churches conservation trust to try and decide what action to take - one sad but extreme option being to demolish the church.
    The Bassetlaw Ghost Research Group had set up base camp in one corner of the old church during an all-night investigation. They reported that the gloomy oppressive atmosphere of the place appearing to be alomst trying to froce them to leave. Strange noises were heard, and ominous flashes in the sky when the weather was calm. Parapsychologist David Wharmby also stated enigmatically to the Louth Leader Newspaper, "We Saw Small Babies among the gravestones and grass!"
    In the hamlet of Skidbrooke itself, the dark rumours surrounding the church had forced one woman to have her house blessed by a priest! The woman said " I felt such bad vibes, the whole place really freaked me out!

Article taken from "Mysterious Lincolnshire" By Daniel Codd

That Church reminds me a little of Orby Church in Lincolnshire. Orby church is creepier than this one though... As kids we used to believe that if you ran around the church anti-clockwise 6 times, the devil would come and get you.
    The things you believe when you are 8! lol

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/86/All_Saints'_church,_Orby,_Lincs._-_geograph.org.uk_-_119088.jpg

http://www.skegnessra.madasafish.com/images/photo/Orby-Church-01.jpg
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I somehow doubt there are any lying around.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There are places on the East Coast where the land is being eroded by the sea and whole villages and churches have been lost. On a recent t.v. programme they showed where an old cemetery is slowly falling into the sea and skeletons end up on the beach.:eek:
  • TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    There are places on the East Coast where the land is being eroded by the sea and whole villages and churches have been lost. On a recent t.v. programme they showed where an old cemetery is slowly falling into the sea and skeletons end up on the beach.:eek:

Dunwich being the prime example - the last "original" church went over the edge over the first couple of decades of the 20th century, but I think the cliff edge has worked its way through the graveyard by now.

http://www.urban75.org/photos/suffolk/images/dunwich-suffolk-10.jpg
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its very well "maintained" considering its abandoned

spooky still but I expected it to be in a worse state that this
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The suicide forest scares me more.