Xbox Live Gold subscription on Xbox One

Rich_AllenRich_Allen Posts: 738
Forum Member
✭✭
Topic.

I currently pay £5.99 a month on Paypal for Xbox Live Gold privileges such as downloads, online gaming etc, but with the months flying by it seems I get charged twice in the space of a couple of weeks.

Is this right? Like this morning I received an email from Paypal saying my payment for this month has been declined due to there being no funds in my "Ready Cash" account which is used for Paypal stuff like Xbox Live, eBay and a few other bits.

Fortunately my benefits go into the "Ready Cash" account tomorrow so all will be well.

Anyway the point of the thread, is that instead of paying £5.99 a month online, would it work out any cheaper to buy one of those pre-paid 12 month Xbox Live cards for £40? I personally don't think so, I only get £50 a fortnight in my account, which needs to last me the 2 weeks till I get "paid" again.

Comments

• Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Yeah, cd keys often have 12 months for £30/ £35. Keep looking.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    What Rich_L said. Look around for 12 month deals.
    Also the mothly option is so much more expensive. You at paying £71 a year by paying monthly
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Often seen it for under £25.00
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rich_Allen wrote: »
    Anyway the point of the thread, is that instead of paying £5.99 a month online, would it work out any cheaper to buy one of those pre-paid 12 month Xbox Live cards for £40? I personally don't think so, I only get £50 a fortnight in my account, which needs to last me the 2 weeks till I get "paid" again.

Simple:

£5.99 x 12 = £71.88

vs £25 to £40 pre-pay 12-month card.
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mate was saying that ms have cracked down on the cheap Chinese 12 months live, £30 is now the norm. CD keys and electronic first are my go to sites.
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They often sell them for less than that, sometimes much cheaper. I only paid £21 from them for my 12 month sub, currently it's £29.90 for a year though. Don't buy or auto-renew them direct from Xbox Live or buy from places like GAME, you can save a fortune. To be honest though any way is cheaper than paying monthly.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Yeah I got a year for £20 however if the op needs one now, it's £30.
  • Rich_AllenRich_Allen Posts: 738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Further to this, for some reason I seem to be getting charged weekly on Paypal for Xbox Live and not monthly, I received an email from Paypal week before last at the beginning of the month to retrieve the £5.99 payment, and then last week I had another of the same email asking for £5.99 for Xbox Live, and then this morning, yet another one, and an email from Microsoft asking me to update my Billing info?

The emails are genuine, I know they're not phishing scams.

I know there's an 0800 number to ring on Xbox.com for this kind of query but I've tried to ring them before and never got through.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cancel the regular payment on Paypal for a start - or have there been other missed payments that MS is now taking?

Have you logged onto Xbox.com to check your billing details?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Cancel the regular payment on Paypal for a start - or have there been other missed payments that MS is now taking?

Have you logged onto Xbox.com to check your billing details?

I cancelled the auto-renewing payment last week, I now can't use on-line services on my Xbox such as WWE Network because I don't have Gold! >:(

I have tried to renew the service on my main cash card, but when I set up my Gamer tag I used my old Plusnet email account, which I no longer have access to as I'm not with Plusnet any more.

I am now forced to somehow contact MS to sort this out tomorrow, I'm off to bed now, this ****ing thing has stressed me out! >:(
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_Allen wrote: »
    I cancelled the auto-renewing payment last week, I now can't use on-line services on my Xbox such as WWE Network because I don't have Gold! >:(

I have tried to renew the service on my main cash card, but when I set up my Gamer tag I used my old Plusnet email account, which I no longer have access to as I'm not with Plusnet any more.

I am now forced to somehow contact MS to sort this out tomorrow, I'm off to bed now, this ****ing thing has stressed me out! >:(

Xbox live was having major issues last night. It could be due to that. Check your account online today to see if it says you have an active subscription.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xbox live was having major issues last night. It could be due to that. Check your account online today to see if it says you have an active subscription.

Yep, just checked, all is nice and working now, I've got WWE Network on in the Lounge.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't want to start another thread...

How do you add money to your MS account, my account has had £1.30 for sometime now, but because I'm OCD I want it £0.00. To do this I need to add money to the value of a rental or something else that's cheap.

I don't want any money in my account.
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't want to start another thread...

How do you add money to your MS account, my account has had £1.30 for sometime now, but because I'm OCD I want it £0.00. To do this I need to add money to the value of a rental or something else that's cheap.

I don't want any money in my account.

You could add a credit card or PayPal to your account then buy/rent something above £1.30. The £1.30 should be deducted from the price, leaving your virtual wallet at zero, and the remainder charged to your credit card/PayPal. You can then delete these payment methods from your account if you want.

You could also use a pre-paid top up card, but they are in £5 increments so you would have to find something £6.30 or £11.30 etc. to zero your account.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    snafu65 wrote: »
    You could add a credit card or PayPal to your account then buy/rent something above £1.30. The £1.30 should be deducted from the price, leaving your virtual wallet at zero, and the remainder charged to your credit card/PayPal. You can then delete these payment methods from your account if you want.

You could also use a pre-paid top up card, but they are in £5 increments so you would have to find something £6.30 or £11.30 etc. to zero your account.

I've tried that with a video rental but it doesn't give PayPal as an option to pay the difference, it only gives the option to add a credit card which is daft.

Sod it, it's going to bug me for ever more if I don't :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've tried that with a video rental but it doesn't give PayPal as an option to pay the difference, it only gives the option to add a credit card which is daft.

Sod it, it's going to bug me for ever more if I don't :D

Have you added PayPal as a payment method via the web as opposed to on your Xbox? Or, rather than renting a video, just buy a cheap indie game if it's that much of an issue.