FarCry 3

1262728293032»

Comments

• Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Far Cry 3 loot hunting

How on earth do I get the 2 loot chests that are north east of Hoyt Vaulkers compound on the South Island.......

They are marked on the map next to a bridge, on the right at what looks like a warehouse (with a sunken cargo ship)

I have the one in the water, but can't seem to get the other two that are underneath the warehouse......

Anyone find them, or have a clue?

(Also can't get the last relic in Gaztown, perched up a cliff face near a fast travel point, due to no hang glider available)

Gave up on hunting loot and relics after getting what I needed and not played the game in ages but have you tried looking for any nearby caves? Is there one underwater?

Wingsuit probably a good suggestion.
  • Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RE the site near the compound, Ive been in the water, looked for caves and such..........nothing

just two loot chests in the warehouse,

and the relic site, the wingsuit is too fast (you fall so fast, you can't open your parachute high enough to be on the right elevation to reach the tomb/relic site

Ive had a look on the net, but can't find any clue.....

Anyone got all the loo chests?

I will have a look later and get the XY coordinate locations
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (Also can't get the last relic in Gaztown, perched up a cliff face near a fast travel point, due to no hang glider available)
    There is a hang-glider near-by along the same stretch of cliff. As I recall, it's to the south-west of the relic. They don't show up until you get fairly close to them.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Been playing this on and off the past few days, enjoying it soooo much. I think I'm nearly completed but there's always something to and just exploring the islands is very fun, graphics are insanely good for an open-world. Can you imagine how good Far Cry 4 next-gen will be? You gotta love this series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ Playing on PS3 I do find this game has some noticeable graphic issues. Distance objects popping in and out of detail, or taking a few moments to appear fully rendered. Hopefully a next-gen version would avoid such artefacts.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man I need to get back to this game.... THERE'S A WINGSUIT?????
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, beautiful engine and can look stunning at times, but it's not flawless.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Man I need to get back to this game.... THERE'S A WINGSUIT?????
    You get an endless supply of parachutes, too. You can just jump off the top of radio towers and cliffs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    You get an endless supply of parachutes, too. You can just jump off the top of radio towers and cliffs.

But still, without a grappling-gun, how much fun can it be? Just Cause 2 nailed one of the best ever game mechanics with that simple premise, if JC3 is a next-gen launch title then I'm in from day 1.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But still, without a grappling-gun, how much fun can it be? Just Cause 2 nailed one of the best ever game mechanics with that simple premise, if JC3 is a next-gen launch title then I'm in from day 1.

Different game really, JC2 lacks any stealth in it, something FC3 does pretty well, bar the fact you can't place C4 without alerting enemies for some bizarre reason.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, chalk and cheese in fact, FC3 demands total control of a situation, the fun of JC3 comes from the fact you can get out of most situations pretty easily, allowing you to be pretty anarchic.
    Forum Member

Just Cause 2 is bootiful too boy! But Far Cry 3 puts me onto the island. I always found the grapple gun a bit fiddly, I know you can do some cool things with it, I guess it requires a lot of practice. With FC3 you just jump and glide away, it's very fun still!
    Forum Member
    You know what this game reminds me of in terms of fun I'm having? GTA Vice CIty. I dunno if it's the setting, the sun and the sand but it has a very similar and specific type of addiction that I don't recall experiencing since I got into that game. It does a fantastic job of putting you onto the island, just how GTA VC transported me to the city, I knew every back alley and shortcut. Such a great game!

They definitely have improved the tearing and performance issues somewhere with a title update (X360), it's easy to shoot enemies in large fights now and the tearing is really not all that apparent as it once was. Best sandbox game this gen, at least until GTA V I presume. I'm well looking forward to Far Cry HD now! Can now have the whole set on one console.