swan007swan007 Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    lewismacf wrote: »
    He is so good

I agree. Just watched it three times.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,965
    Forum Member
    I said in the show thread that it was one of the best auditions we've seen on any of these modern talent shows. Fantastic but we've seen people have sensational first auditions then fall apart later.
  • Options
    karlsbergkarlsberg Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Ryeboy123 wrote: »
    he dont make the kockouts.............

Hope that's not a spoiler you've just ruined
  • Options
    Forum Member
    karlsberg wrote: »
    Hope that's not a spoiler you've just ruined
    Got to be rubbish. The Beeb will do what it takes to have him on the live shows when you look at the mediocre quality this year.
  • Options
    square-rootsquare-root Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    When I saw that Kevin was on tonight, I thought that either none of them would turn because he's already had his shot at success, or they would all turn.

Am very glad they all turned. His youtube videos filmed in the recording studio are fabulous. He should win hands down but he won't because he's already had success with Liberty X. They were by far the best band during the Big Reunion on ITV.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's by far the best of the series. I've thought the talent has been low this year but I seriously think at this point judging by only blinds, he'd walk it.
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is really good, but I think he should have gone with Ricky.
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Yes, Kevin is now my favourite of the competition so far.

Chandelier is a tough song to sing no matter what key it's performed in because the chorus always goes right up, so anyone who can take on that song and succeed is a very good singer.

Up until tonight I was only expecting Cody to turn up at the final. Now we actually have a competition.

Not saying it's a two horse race because you can never tell how the public will end up voting but for me, it's definitely Cody Vs Kevin right now.
  • Options
    spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I saw that Kevin was on tonight, I thought that either none of them would turn because he's already had his shot at success, or they would all turn.

Am very glad they all turned. His youtube videos filmed in the recording studio are fabulous. He should win hands down but he won't because he's already had success with Liberty X. They were by far the best band during the Big Reunion on ITV.

Yes I agree. No matter how good he is comparatively the public won't let him win because he's already had one good crack at success already. I think he made the worst choice going with Paloma, any of the other three would have suited him, I think she was the only one who didn't
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the whole song was one big moment!!-- to borrow an x factor term :blush: just WOW!! :D:D:cool:
  • Options
    MinaHMinaH Posts: 3,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best so far that has been put through IMO. He and Ryan (first episode) are the only two I have really liked so far.

Surprised he went with Paloma.
  • Options
    shraineshraine Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving Harry fisher.
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he has a great voice, but no charisma and nothing else that makes him stand out.

He's not witty, or funny or even memorable. He's not even ugly cute, or vaguely sexy.

He just looks like a 'nice bloke' and that might have been his downfall.
  • Options
    firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I love that they also seemed to be the only group on that show not to have had a load of petty drama in their past.
  • Options
    square-rootsquare-root Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    On reflection, I've no real idea why Kevin applied to be on the show. He must know it hasn't produced one single star. The only person I know of who's got any work from the show was the Irish opera singer who was a theatre ticket collector.

I suspect all Kevin wants to do is to put himself "out there" in order to get more gig work. He knows full well what the music industry is like having been chewed up and spat out by it twice, so I'd be amazed if he's after a record deal. Even Jermain Jackman has left the music industry to do politics at university.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On reflection, I've no real idea why Kevin applied to be on the show. He must know it hasn't produced one single star. The only person I know of who's got any work from the show was the Irish opera singer who was a theatre ticket collector.

I suspect all Kevin wants to do is to put himself "out there" in order to get more gig work. He knows full well what the music industry is like having been chewed up and spat out by it twice, so I'd be amazed if he's after a record deal. Even Jermain Jackman has left the music industry to do politics at university.
    That's fair. Although we all got excited about his performance, I don't think any of us expect him to storm the charts after the show is over. But at least he's made this show more interesting. Last year several people who had only ok auditions stepped up and sounded pretty good on the live shows so we should be in for some fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Matt Henry (the Will.i.am lookalike) got a role in the well reviewed musical Kinky Boots on the West End. Whether that quantifies as success I don't know as some have entered the contest from that background before.
  • Options
    karlsbergkarlsberg Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    He said in an interview that if all that comes from the show is exposure and more gig opportunities that'll help put food on the table for his wife and kids he'll be happy.
    So I don't think he's ignorant of what success comes from the show. He's not gone into it expecting to become a global megastar

I think he seems quite humble
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's got a few things on his YouTube page, he is fantastic.
  • Options
    Rachel_HarrisonRachel_Harrison Posts: 1,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Kevin does win, that would mean that the winners of the fall Voice US and winter Voice UK seasons would have auditioned with the same song.

http://youtu.be/vHR4oOIcVZo
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    He is by a very long way the best contestant so far. I'm not surprised they all wanted him on their team. I think he should have gone with George, though, or else Ricky.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was quite a fan of Liberty X, Just A Little for me is still a good song. Kevin sang really well, I recorded the show just to watch him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Kevin does win, that would mean that the winners of the fall Voice US and winter Voice UK seasons would have auditioned with the same song.

http://youtu.be/vHR4oOIcVZo

Thanks for the link, enjoyed that. Just my opinion but Jordan sings it better, more emotion.