Will.i.Am signs Cher Lloyd

13»

Comments

• ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    indiana44 wrote: »
    And the connection between his singing ability and being the creative director of an album is ? :confused:

He's an artist and he's awful. Where did i mention singing ability, i'm sure it's totally irrelevant if he knows how to sing or not for what he does. He's just bad artist in general. And Cher totally outclassed him. Why would she want him as creative director?
    The BEP are probably the worst band of the last years, yes they are very popular, but if it's credibility Cher is looking for she won't find with Will. Plus he's totally riding in this country on the back Cheryl's fame.

I wonder why Jay-Z didn't came knocking after all...:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Singing has nothing to do with anything. He's a really good producer. You may not like like him but his multi-platinum, Grammy award winning songs and albums says that quite a few people do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    Why would anyone want Will. to be creative director of an album?

Because he's been hugely successful in the genre she wants to crack.
  • honeygirl231honeygirl231 Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    donbon wrote: »
    Because he's been hugely successful in the genre she wants to crack.

And don't forget he executive produced Fergie's Hit album. I can see him going that route as far as her sound.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Fergie's album! As long as they don't make it too robotic I'll be happy. So excited that Cher got signed with Simon but Will is going to be in charge. Best of both worlds imo. Now I have no doubt Simon is going to pimp her on x factor us asweel :)
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    He's an artist and he's awful. Where did i mention singing ability, i'm sure it's totally irrelevant if he knows how to sing or not for what he does. He's just bad artist in general. And Cher totally outclassed him. Why would she want him as creative director?
    The BEP are probably the worst band of the last years, yes they are very popular, but if it's credibility Cher is looking for she won't find with Will. Plus he's totally riding in this country on the back Cheryl's fame.

I wonder why Jay-Z didn't came knocking after all...:rolleyes:

Credibility with who? They guy has worked with some of the top people in the business, he's hardly a joke. Besides, this story is just made up gossip used to fill up pages of worthless sites that can't be arsed to go to the trouble of printing facts. If it was real then there would be a proper press release.
  • ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    snuffles22 wrote: »
    Singing has nothing to do with anything. He's a really good producer. You may not like like him but his multi-platinum, Grammy award winning songs and albums says that quite a few people do.

Did i mentioned singing? He's not a good all round artist. Anyone that is interested a bit in music Knows has no credibility whatsoever in the genre. Since when popularity means quality? It's easy to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Plus i think it's time it's high time for me exit a thread when i people start saying Fergie's albums were good and Cher should follow in the same route. :eek: We are clearly talking about different things.

Good night.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did i mentioned singing? He's not a good all round artist. Anyone that is interested a bit in music Knows has no credibility whatsoever in the genre. Since when popularity means quality? It's easy to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Plus i think it's time it's high time for me exit a thread when i people start saying Fergie's albums were good and Cher should follow in the same route. :eek: We are clearly talking about different things.

Good night.:)

"Quality" is in the eye of the beholder.

And seeing as Simon's main concern is making money and Will.i.am knows how to make top selling, catchy songs, then I think Cher is in good hands.

P.S. Those Grammy nominations and wins from his peers in the music industry seem to indicate that THEY believe he makes some quality music irregardless of what you think.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Fergie's album! As long as they don't make it too robotic I'll be happy. So excited that Cher got signed with Simon but Will is going to be in charge. Best of both worlds imo. Now I have no doubt Simon is going to pimp her on x factor us asweel :)

I reckon Cher will have material out long before X Factor returns, she was least popular act for 3 weeks, she's got a VERY short shelf life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon Cher will have material out long before X Factor returns, she was least popular act for 3 weeks, she's got a VERY short shelf life.

My magic ball says differently. She's got the best career out of all of this year's acts. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

First of all the competition is composed of 10 weeks!

Second, I hope that they hurry up with the album. But they will promote her in the US using x factor. No way they are not going to take advantage of that.

About having a short shelf life you are really wrong if your basing yourself on 3 weeks that she got the least amount of votes. That says nothing. Voting public =/= buying public. It's a matter of being marketable and songs. Ask Joe!
  • BReal2BReal2 Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will I.Am's solo effort flopped so it will be interesting to see what he can do with Cher Lloyd. She seems full of herself so it will be interesting to see if the public takes to her or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Fergie had 6 hit songs in the US. SIX from her solo album produced by Will.i.am. "Clumsy" "fergalicious" "glamourous" "london bridge" "big girls don't cry" and "finally". Cher kind of reminds me of a little fergie. She'll be fine.

SO I do think Will.i.am is total crap solo on his own, but he is a good producer. The seven grammys prove that. Even if he isn't your style, and you can't say he's "good", you can't deny he is successful.

I don't understand why Cher is so hated on this board. Is it a British thing? Because I really like her based on her performances. She was interesting and watchable. The one thing i've ever agreed with Perez Hilton on. Almost makes me change my mind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 359
    Forum Member
    I can see Cher doing very well in the US, particularly with william behind her (can't be bothered with all the fullstops in his life). In the UK? it is a tossup - depends on what kind of music she comes out with, I guess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    How reliable is this X Factor goss?

It is surprising that a contestant is allowed to sign to a non Sony label before the end of the tour.
  • tj hazukitj hazuki Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chi wrote: »
    How reliable is this X Factor goss?

It is surprising that a contestant is allowed to sign to a non Sony label before the end of the tour.
    Its on Sony.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    tj hazuki wrote: »
    Its on Sony.

Is it? Will.i.am Music Group is part of Universal according to Wikipedia (I know..Wiki..)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will.i.am_music_group