PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
Forum Member
✭✭
...is what Jackson would have wanted.

Comments

• tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lmao He was'nt a good villian though really. I don't rate him that much, it just seamed the same delivery as that copper in the bill. Mind you to be fair i've not see him in anything else
  • whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    I think Frank was brilliant, but Silas deserved that award in my eyes.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He looksand sounds like alan shearer the match.of the day guy
    and yes i wish silas won best villian
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    The award should have gone to Jeff Rawle.

I really don't think the guy who played Frank can act.

I think the fact that it's a more recent storyline may have had something to do with it winning, it would have been a lot fresher in peoples' minds.
  • Scrufox86Scrufox86 Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The villain award was the one award that Hollyoaks should have won. The others were nothing compared to Silas's year long terrorisation of Lynsey and his killing spree. Just proves it is such a fix and what a snub to Hollyoaks who did deserve some credit.

There were a few other awards Coronation street got and they did not deserve them. The comedy award definitely should have gone to Eastenders's Kim not some old woman who was not even funny (actually all the other entries were better than her).

Best actress should have gone to Hollyoak's Lynsey out of the entries.
  • DaZ_yUv_XDaZ_yUv_X Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scrufox86 wrote: »
    The villain award was the one award that Hollyoaks should have won. The others were nothing compared to Silas's year long terrorisation of Lynsey and his killing spree. Just proves it is such a fix and what a snub to Hollyoaks who did deserve some credit.

There were a few other awards Coronation street got and they did not deserve them. The comedy award definitely should have gone to Eastenders's Kim not some old woman who was not even funny (actually all the other entries were better than her).

Best actress should have gone to Hollyoak's Lynsey out of the entries.

you should really take it up with the panel then...
  • Raven123Raven123 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frank or Cain deserved the award.

Silas gets the award for the best off-screen villain, as his storyline was on for a week and off for 3 months.
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=Scrufox86;57997694

Best actress should have gone to Hollyoak's Lynsey out of the entries.[/QUOTE]

Humour is so subjective. For me, Sylvia is brilliantly funny and I just wish Kim would STFU - far too gobby and not in the least amusing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Humour is so subjective. For me, Sylvia is brilliantly funny and I just wish Kim would STFU - far too gobby and not in the least amusing.

Spot on - idiot Kim is about as amusing as a stomach ulcer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »

Lol ... snap ..... I always thought he sounded like Shearer too, especially when he was in The Bill!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but do people put so much credibility on the BSA awards that they care that much about wherther their favourite soap did not win? For the record, I wanted Pam St Clement to win best exit, over Katherine Kelly. But she didn't. So I accepted that. Why? Because not only can I not do anything about it, but many of the awards up in the BSA are within the court of public opinion, not some deep assessment on excellence within soap. I didn't think Danny Miller deserved Best Actor - or that Jackson's choice was even all that as a storyline. But that's what the GBP say, so that's that. Popular opinion is not always an assessment of quality. Although, I really do reject the view pushed by some Hollyoaks fans on here that Silas is more ''evil'' because he killed, or killed lots of people, whereas Frank was a rapist. Rape, is just as evil, and harrowing an act because it is the biggest violation a person can ever exprience, and this should not be played down as ''less evil''. Rape in essence, is about control - in the same way killing as is - playing god over someone's life. I think Andrew Lancel throughoutly deserved his award.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frank Foster chilled my blood and sent shivers down my spine. Andrew Lancel played him excellently. The award was thoroughly deserved.

The only one I wasn't happy with was best soap. I'm not a fan of Eastenders and I haven't watched it in years so I don't really know how good or bad it is but judging by the amount of 'Eastenders is terrible right now' threads that have been cropping up on here over the past six months and the number of 'Coronation Street is really good' I'd have thought the winner was obvious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spot on - idiot Kim is about as amusing as a stomach ulcer.

So true!
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,184
    Forum Member
    These awards are a joke it is the show which gave you Anthony Cotton as best actor one year. I also don't understand sexiest male but that is actually voted for so it's just I don't have the same taste as the general public I guess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I think Andrew Lancel deserved his award - thought he played the character brilliantly.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I think Andrew Lancel deserved his award - thought he played the character brilliantly.

Me Too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Frank was voted for by the public, so how can people complain its not fair? in my eyes Andrew Lancel is a worthy winner and thoroughly deserves the award, however saying that i also loved Silas and do agree the storyline should have got some credit and recognition but I think Andrew was the best villain
  • whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    Im not complaining that he got it, and I know the public voted, I just am very irritated that HO/Silas got no recognition at all when it was probably one of the best soap storylines out of all 5 soaps all year.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol ... snap ..... I always thought he sounded like Shearer too, especially when he was in The Bill!!!

'snap' right back at you:)
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm happy with Frank winning, I think it winning has more to do with him being on screen consistantly since he started early last year
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'snap' right back at you:)

snap:):)
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    XDarkEyesX wrote: »
    Frank Foster chilled my blood and sent shivers down my spine. Andrew Lancel played him excellently. The award was thoroughly deserved.

The only one I wasn't happy with was best soap. I'm not a fan of Eastenders and I haven't watched it in years so I don't really know how good or bad it is but judging by the amount of 'Eastenders is terrible right now' threads that have been cropping up on here over the past six months and the number of 'Coronation Street is really good' I'd have thought the winner was obvious.

He sounds like Alan Shearer , but he was a great villian

I liked Andrew Lancel in The Bill too
  • Scrufox86Scrufox86 Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That may be but in the clip that was shown the coronation street woman was not funny at all. Kim wasn't even speaking in the majority of her clip because it was the visual CCTV footage that was funny.