The Blacklist starring James Spader (UK Pace) on Sky Living

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    srhDS wrote: »
    I do dislike when character do dumb things just so bad things can happen.
    That's the problem i've had with it and some other programmes. Like I said in a previous post, why would Tom have a fist fight instead of just shooting Jolene?
    It's good for the show to see a fist fight but really why would the guy himself do it when a shot to the head would be much simlper?
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting stuff alright. Who / What is Berlin? They obviously aren't the same people who abducted Red as Tom had no knowledge of the hidden cameras.
    They might be the same people, and just not told Tom about the cameras. Especially if they were to check up on him, like Jolene.
  • fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ohh it's getting good!
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a bit confused by that last scene between Red and Liz - are we now supposed to think he is her father?? He cares about her as a father would but I thought the little ballerina girl who died was his daughter, not Liz????
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ He says he's never lied to her, and I am inclined to believe him, so I don't think he's her father. Maybe an uncle or something. How old was she when she was adopted? Was she talking about her adoptive father in that scene?
    Forum Member
    The problem with watching a weekly show is that you have to wait a week for the next episode :D
  • woodrowwoodrow Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The problem with watching a weekly show is that you have to wait a week for the next episode :D
    don't know what episode your on but i'm watching us pace and i'm half way through a
    3 week break>:(>:(>:(
    Forum Member
    With many US shows I wait until they're finished and I can watch the several episodes per night but with this I started watching and posting in the thread so it's a weekly thing now.

I would have liked to watch several episodes of it last night. It's getting more intriguing every episode.
  • woodrowwoodrow Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    With many US shows I wait until they're finished and I can watch the several episodes per night but with this I started watching and posting in the thread so it's a weekly thing now.

I would have liked to watch several episodes of it last night. It's getting more intriguing every episode.
    Very true I would normally wait but I like spader and tuned in to see if it was any good.
    That was me hooked and its been frustration ever since:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be buying it when it's out on DVD. To watch it in one sitting, to notice again all the hints.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    fleabee wrote: »
    Ohh it's getting good!
    It's getting very good, with the Tom situation heating up, big time.

The case too was good - plus Red, with his Music Bow, which the music, Elizabeth remembers.....interesting.

"You never really know people, do you"
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,684
    Forum Member
    woodrow wrote: »
    don't know what episode your on but i'm watching us pace and i'm half way through a 3 week break>:(>:(>:(
    Hence why I don't like channels over here showing them too close to the US airings :D
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit confused by that last scene between Red and Liz - are we now supposed to think he is her father?? He cares about her as a father would but I thought the little ballerina girl who died was his daughter, not Liz????

I was confused too and I thought the scene at the end was very touching as I had always assumed Red was Lizzie's biological father but now I am not too sure.
    All I can say is God help Tom now that Red knows.
    Can't wait for this week's episode. Does anyone know if this is the last episode in this series?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    julie2009 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this is the last episode in this series?

Friday's episode was episode 17 of 22, so got a few to go :)

I enjoyed it - it's picking up again after getting bogged down in "case of the week" territory I think.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a few to watch and have finally caught up. Oooo, it's getting good now! And Agent Broyles' cameo was all to brief :p
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Friday's episode was episode 17 of 22, so got a few to go :)

I enjoyed it - it's picking up again after getting bogged down in "case of the week" territory I think.
    Which was very good this week, with the hacker and his selected power cut - to get the Girl.:o
    Forum Member
    julie2009 wrote: »
    All I can say is God help Tom now that Red knows.
    He's known from the start
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the significance of the music box is to show that Red knew her father, well enough to know about music he played to his kid, rather than that Red was her father.

Now Lizzie knows about Tom, Red can move against him. Until now if Red had touched Tom Lizzie would not have believed he was not who he claims to be.

So Tom's not entirely gone rogue, he did check in with someone this week and asked them to inform Berlin of his status.
    Forum Member
    The next epsiodes should be interesting.

He had an incling that it was Red who sent the Cowboy but it wasn't confirmed to him.
    Also he knows Lizzie is onto his hideout and that's why he made the call.
    But he doesn't know that Lizzie now knows it was him and his hideout.
  • SideshowMarkSideshowMark Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Really good episode, but I have to say that I'm most pleased that they've finally fixed Megan Boones' wig.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving this series. Very engrossing and James Spader is as mesmerising as always. Btw have you noticed that Parminder Nagra has not smiled once throughout the whole series so far, lol?! I know she doesn't have much to smile about but even so... her face and voice are always so expressionless!
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the significance of the music box is to show that Red knew her father, well enough to know about music he played to his kid, rather than that Red was her father.

Now Lizzie knows about Tom, Red can move against him. Until now if Red had touched Tom Lizzie would not have believed he was not who he claims to be.

So Tom's not entirely gone rogue, he did check in with someone this week and asked them to inform Berlin of his status.

Thanks for that :)

He must have been very close to her dad to know that sort of personal detail. I'm glad Liz knows about Tom now, it'll be fun watching her play him for a while and can't wait to see what Red has in store for him!!
    Forum Member
    spaceygal wrote: »
    Loving this series. Very engrossing and James Spader is as mesmerising as always. Btw have you noticed that Parminder Nagra has not smiled once throughout the whole series so far, lol?! I know she doesn't have much to smile about but even so... her face and voice are always so expressionless!
    Yes but she's still sexy as hell!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The music box scene was Red's way of keeping the memory of Sam alive for Liz, just as he put on the ballet every year in March to keep the memory of his daughter alive. I found it really endearing that he assembled the music box from scratch for Liz. Liz found comfort in that moment because it evoked memories of Sam and feeling safe in his arms. Red respected, loved Sam as a dear friend, he is fulfilling the promise he made to protect and love Liz just like Sam did.

I think Red is nothing more than a surrogate father to Liz and she fills the void his daughter left. Red's paternal feelings for Liz have definitely caught him off guard and didn't expect to develop feelings towards her initially.

I think the Liz/Tom storyline lost momento as they dragged it out far too much that when it was finally revealed it was anti-climatic and more like about bloody time. I am really interested in who, what Berlin is!

Wait til you guys see the Milton Bobbit episode, Liz is toughening up and I prefer bad a*s Liz than the naive, young wife.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_h786 wrote: »
    The music box scene was Red's way of keeping the memory of Sam alive for Liz, just as he put on the ballet every year in March to keep the memory of his daughter alive. I found it really endearing that he assembled the music box from scratch for Liz. Liz found comfort in that moment because it evoked memories of Sam and feeling safe in his arms. Red respected, loved Sam as a dear friend, he is fulfilling the promise he made to protect and love Liz just like Sam did.

I think Red is nothing more than a surrogate father to Liz and she fills the void his daughter left. Red's paternal feelings for Liz have definitely caught him off guard and didn't expect to develop feelings towards her initially.

I think the Liz/Tom storyline lost momento as they dragged it out far too much that when it was finally revealed it was anti-climatic and more like about bloody time. I am really interested in who, what Berlin is!

Wait til you guys see the Milton Bobbit episode, Liz is toughening up and I prefer bad a*s Liz than the naive, young wife.

I would still like to know WHY Red singled Lizzie out in the first place. It can't simply be because he knew her dad.

I wonder if Berlin is the Alan Alda character, and there's a crossover between Red's nemesis and Lizzies.