Options

~ .: Fearon Fanatics - The Steph Fearon Appreaction Thread :. ~

Comments

• Options
    Off_the_hook13Off_the_hook13 Posts: 17,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steph was brilliant tonight, don't care what ALW says. She is getting better every week and I think in a few weeks time if she gets through that he'll change his mind about seeing her as Dorothy. :)

I will definitely be voting.
  • Options
    PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steph was brilliant tonight, don't care what ALW says. She is getting better every week and I think in a few weeks time if she gets through that he'll change his mind about seeing her as Dorothy. :)

I will definitely be voting.

Only problem was that a lot ofthe other girls were really strong as well. Very high standard of competition this year.
  • Options
    ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think ALW has something else in mind for Steph. I agree she's good but not Dorothy
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steph is just going from strength to strength.

I hope she doesn't let ALW's comment about not being right for the part dishearten her. Even if she doesn't get picked for the role of Dorothy, it's vital she continues to sing her heart out each week because she'll want to get snapped up for something else.

Having said all that, I think Steph IS suitable to play a modern Dorothy.

And I loved the bit of trivia about her parents. Baby D's 'Let me be your fantasy' was one of my favourite songs from the mid 90s!
  • Options
    franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant! Steph was so, so good again tonight. I may have ended up pretty much ignoring Jenny's performance as a direct result of her following that. :o I was nervous for her tonight purely because Jodie sang that song so well in IDA, but I really needn't have worried. I hope she gets enough votes tonight because I'm not sure ALW would save her against many people if she's in the bottom two. :(
  • Options
    reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely adore Steph, she's my favourite, but I must admit I didn't like the song.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely adore Steph, she's my favourite, but I must admit I didn't like the song.

Neither did I; it was a boring song. But Steph sang it well, and she's lovely, so I gave her a couple of votes (though Jenny is my favourite and got the bulk of my votes)
  • Options
    kassieqkassieq Posts: 3,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally disagree with ALW about Steph not being Dorothy, she can sing, dance and act, plus there is a vulnerability about her that would make a very believable Dorothy, the others all seem a bit too worldly and knowing. At this stage in the game she is my favourite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So we're all agreed that Steph is fantastic.

If she doesn't succeed as Dorothy ('cos ALW thinks not), then what would suit her instead?
  • Options
    RavenRaven Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see her as Mary in a new ALW version of J.C.Superstar, think she could really pull that off and I believe she will be one of the stars to come from this show (O.T.R) wether she wins or not, she is just so polished.:)

Still have one of my Galaxy 7" singles from the early 80's (Dancing Tight) and my kids have listened to it and think its cool. :cool:

Have been voting for Steph after hearing some of the comments from the first show when she was in sing off, even though I want Danielle to win but would love Steph to come in second or third which would give her a good run and give her more options/choices after the show. We've already seen that winning the show wont mean you get the best offers later on (Aoife/Maria and Rachel/IDA)

After last weeks shock bottom two I'll be voting for both Steph and Danielle. :)
  • Options
    supergirlblibssupergirlblibs Posts: 5,038
    Forum Member
    Steph is up there in my top 2!
    I like that they took 'out here on my own' and played it like the new Fame movie, very current.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to wish Steph good luck this evening.

Awaiting another fantastic performance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's getting better and better, so proud of our girl! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    If she carries on the way she's going, I think she's an absolute dead cert for the final! And the public seem to be coming round to her now, so the only barrier is Andrew...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was at the recording yesterday and thought Steph was fantastic. She has excellent stage presence (which doesn't always come across on tv) and really stood out in all the group numbers. I was watching Steph and Jessica throughout the "Oklohoma!" number, except when I remembered to look at Danielle and Sophie as well (despite Danielle being another of my favourites in the solos). I'm so glad she has at least one supporter on the panel who wants her in the final!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was at the recording yesterday and thought Steph was fantastic. She has excellent stage presence (which doesn't always come across on tv) and really stood out in all the group numbers. I was watching Steph and Jessica throughout the "Oklohoma!" number, except when I remembered to look at Danielle and Sophie as well (despite Danielle being another of my favourites in the solos). I'm so glad she has at least one supporter on the panel who wants her in the final!

Yes! I hope you had a fab time :)

I think it's obvious that John P LOVES her, and Sheila and Charlotte have given her great praise recentely. Like you said, only obstacle is Andrew...
  • Options
    Forum Member

I thought she was absolutely brilliant in the Oklahoma number as well.. her vocals were great and she put a lot of humour into it!
    How did she do in the mash-up and the Charlotte Church performance?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember the mash-up that well (I always get distracted into figuring out what the songs are and there are about 4 in this one!) but it was pretty dance intensive so I'm sure she did well. To be honest she tends to pull my focus in group numbers when the cameramen show her, so yesterday I did watch her a lot of the time. She really does have good stage presence- she'd have no problem leading a production number.

The number with Charlotte Church was brilliantly done by all of them and Steph was definitely one of the stand outs. :) The style really suited her both vocally and dance-wise. I thought Lauren, Stephanie and Emilie (I know, surprised me too!) did well with it as well. They ended up having to do the number twice because of mic and camera issues, and although I made an effort to look at the other 4 the second time around, they just didn't *make* me want to watch them in the same way. Steph acted that one all the way through, even when she wasn't on a solo bit, far better than pretty much all the others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me Steph is the only one putting in high quality performances week in week out. I think the rest have had their moments but only Steph has always been right there at the top. Sod ALW for saying she wasn't Dorothy in the first week. what a knob:D

I think Steph will absolutely own Big Band week next week. That kind of up-tempo dynamic musical style will suit her to a tee. Go Steph!:D
  • Options
    steg1988steg1988 Posts: 8,689
    Forum Member
    Steph has really come into her own now. A true star! Hope she makes it to the end. She truly deserves it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeh cannot wait for Big Band week! Right up her street.. she'll smash it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really looking forward to a bit of up tempo after the last two slower numbers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit, big band week worries me very slightly for Steph purely because ALW has said more than once that he thinks she's most at home in front of a big band and therefore isn't Dorothy. If she does another good performance (which is likely given her track record and given the fact that big band stuff does suit her), it gives him a perfect opportunity to re-iterate that big band is what she's great at but she isn't Dorothy. With the voting being so erratic this series, I worry that him saying that for a third (fourth?) time might make a difference to floating voters. :( Hopefully she'll absolutely knock it out of the park so people will have no choice but to vote for her!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to wish good luck tonight.

Given a decent song I'm sure Steph could do really well with "Big Band week". Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoping to start watching tonight before the voting lines closed, so can finally vote for Steph. It will mean coming out from behind the sofa after doctor who before we can check everywhere for statues, but I am going to be brave - it will be worth it to help keep Steph in until the final - hearing her sing each week is the highlight of this show for me.

I don't get the she isn't Dorothy thing - most people in a theatre just see a person in a blue dress, with a basket and dog, unless they are in the posh seats. I don't think she looks older than the others, but if I was paying to see her, it would be for her singing and acting, not her resemblance to a girl in a book.

Hope she has a good night, enjoys her performance, and that I get to vote!!