The Lauren Samuels Appreciation Thread...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Magpie11 wrote: »
    Wow, I had no idea about that.

Good for her :)

She's been good in both performances and no way did she deserve to be in the bottom two. But it could well be a blessing in disguise.

I think thats why her singing is so pitch perfect, she had to work extra hard as she was probably always afraid of singing out of tune! It's quite unbelieavble actually thinking about it - how amazing she is considering she has had problems with her hearing! Go Lauren!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously though, I thought this was a singing/performing competition. Both that I would have put Lauren in the top 3 for.
    We have this strange culture in Britain, where it's seen as wrong to be confident, and go into a competition saying you want to win. So for Lauren to say that she thought she would win - which came across as half in jest anyway, made her seem arrogant and cocky.
    Regardless of that, and whatever people think of her, that performance was outstanding ... even Charlotte who said she was cocky (which was out of order, imo) said that she had ever right to be after that performance.

The judges this year are showing off their faves even worse that last I think, John saying Emilie was good .... Are his ears not working?

Another of things against Lauren was being alongside Danielle, so ALW , who so clearly is favouring her only really had good words to say to her, and sort of left Lauren with half feedback.

I'm really hoping that Lauren doesn't become the Rachel of IDA ... Liked by the panel but not really "got" by the public ... Then again, Rachel is hardly doing bad for herself is she? Elpheba in Wicked isn't a bad job!!

I dont get Emilie at all. I thought her song was dire on Saturday so out of pitch I turned it on mute half way through as her singing was assaulting my hearing.

Lauren and Bronte were far better then Emilie. I wonder just how much it was her being voted back in by the uk public or it was done because the judges wanted her in lol. Dorothy gate lol (not being serious but really what is it about her that people keep her in). Maybe my hearing is off or something lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the arrogant thing with Lauren and I thought CC was out of order for making the remark she did. There IS a cocky arrogant girl there but it aint Lauren!

I thought Lauren's attitude to Bronte at the end was really nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    I'm really hoping that Lauren doesn't become the Rachel of IDA ... Liked by the panel but not really "got" by the public ... Then again, Rachel is hardly doing bad for herself is she?

I was thinking this too - though maybe Lauren would do better from not winning but just getting the exposure like Rachel did. Though after this week I'd be very happy to see her win.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    SheShe wrote: »
    There IS a cocky arrogant girl there but it aint Lauren!

Fascinated as to who this might be? I'm guessing her name starts with a J ............ no not that one!
  • supergirlblibssupergirlblibs Posts: 5,038
    Forum Member
    I'm so rubbish with names ... I only know Lauren and Steph!! ... The Scouser girl comes across as cocky rather than arrogant!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I'm really hoping that Lauren doesn't become the Rachel of IDA ... Liked by the panel but not really "got" by the public ... Then again, Rachel is hardly doing bad for herself is she? Elpheba in Wicked isn't a bad job!!

I thought exactly this!!!!!!
    But last series Rachel was my favourite! And Lauren is mine this year so hopefully if Lauren comes 4th then she will go onto better things! :)
  • katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    So wrong that Lauren was in the bottom 2 and I also didn't think it was right Sheila saying she was "too good" almost like it was a negative in the acting challenge...

Too good WTF surely she is supposed to be great which is why she is there and why she wants to be Dorothy?!?!

I really like Lauren and hope the public get behind her!!
  • franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Lauren's a fabulous singer and performer and I really, really hope she goes far in this competition. I don't see her as arrogant, just as someone confident in her talents after many years training up and finding work in the industry. She reminds me of Rachel slightly as well, I think because they both came into their respective series seeming very confident and professional in their approach. Hopefully she'll realise after this week that she can't treat the series as she would an ordinary audition because sadly many people won't judge her solely (or even mainly in all likelihood) on her singing and acting, and in reality shows people like to support contestants who look like they'd really benefit personally from winning. Visually she reminds me a bit of Helena from the Maria series, for some reason. She's currently in my top two with Steph, so I hope they both manage to a) get good songs and b) not sabotage themselves/ get sabotaged by editors in their VTs next weekend!

ETA: I also really liked Rachel from about half way through the series 2 years ago, and quite frankly if Lauren is to be the new Rachel, then there are definitely worse people's careers to emulate!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fascinated as to who this might be? I'm guessing her name starts with a J ............ no not that one!

Well now, you could just be right! (And it's not Jenny :cool:)
    Forum Member
    SheShe wrote: »
    Well now, you could just be right! (And it's not Jenny :cool:)

Ooooh ... I think I got it :cool:

Maybe everyone just wanted to hear Laurens Mum sing in the sing off!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katiemack wrote: »
    So wrong that Lauren was in the bottom 2 and I also didn't think it was right Sheila saying she was "too good" almost like it was a negative in the acting challenge...

Too good WTF surely she is supposed to be great which is why she is there and why she wants to be Dorothy?!?!

I didn't understand this comment from Sheila either. Surely you want 'the best' so if being 'too good' simply means better than everyone else then she ought to win it. Looks unlikely now though :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lauren would suit the part very well. She has a lot of self control and the most crystal clear beautiful voice. I don't think she is arrogant at all.
    Forum Member
    She does have the best control over her voice, compared to the others. Probably alot to do with her previous experience.

If you haven't found out yet - MissAVUK does MP3's of the performances ... I totally have Lauren and Brontes sing-off ... That's gone straight up to my second fave, nothing will ever beat Sarah Lark vs Rachel in IDA!
    Forum Member
    katiemack wrote: »

i didn't understand this either!!!!
    and then sheila heaped the praise onto Danielle :(
  • penguin keeperpenguin keeper Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    So far for me, Lauren has come across as the best singer and one of the best actresses.At the moment the only one i would pay to go and see/listen to perform on stage.That could change though,and i thought Steph was very good last week.

By the way,best sing off was Daniel versus Lewis in Joseph search.
    Forum Member
    bump :)
    What do you reckon she'll sing this week?
    Hopefully she won't be all down in the dumps in her VT but will come back fighting!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not heard much about Lauren this week. Other than, with reference to how she was edited last week, that she has her good moments and bad moments!

I think everyone who believes that Lauren is the best Dorothy should get really behind her and vote to make sure she stays out the bottom two this week as she definately doesn't deserve to be there. There are Dorothy's a lot worse than her - come on Lauren!!
    Forum Member
    I'm voting for her tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully she won't be in the sing off and will perform amazingly on Saturday :D
    Forum Member
    Awesome tonight, again!
    :D
  • longterm67longterm67 Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lauren has really grown on me too the past 2 weeks.
    I think she will be top 3 and her age and experience may come into play whilst Stephanie and Danielle MAY find the going and pressure tough especially Danielle. Stephanie does seem full of energy and a fighter- she reminds me very much of Rachel Tucker.
    Forum Member
    YAY!
    Lauren really came back tonight and that note at the end of the song was brilliant :D
    please not let her be in the bottom two!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great performance from Lauren in my fave dress so far. :)
  • Magpie11Magpie11 Posts: 9,294
    Forum Member
    Fantastic performance vocally, easily the best of the night and she was one of the few that actually tried some proper choreography.

I doubt she'll be in the bottom two :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Easily the best voice in the competition, but perhaps too tall/old for the role? Viewers may favour a shorter girl...

But she is oh so gorgeous. A storming hottie.

Reminds me of Winnie Cooper from 'The Wonder Years'