Options

Emilie

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenda57 wrote: »
    I've found two Emilie voters and they voted around 100 votes each last night, they have voted for every week.
    1- they feel she looks like Dorothy ie young
    2- ALW doesn't want her (they were Jodie voters last time)
    3- ALW says she won't be able to do 8 shows a week, well Connie Fisher couldn't when faced with it and many leading ladies don't do all 8 shows a week anyway and those that do only have short contracts.
    4- they love MT and are fed up with some of the leading ladies that have been foisted on them because they are celebs.
    5- ALW sits there like a letch
    I don't vote not since ADWD but I think my two friends may be a few of many.

:eek: Do people really vote that many times? Oh my word, I thought I'd gotten a bit carried away when I voted for Will Young five times :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What upsets me about the Emilie situation is that much better singers like Tegan and Camille were overlooked by the public for the wildcard thing. That is just my opinion, of course, but I thought Camille, in particular, was outstanding.

Emilie has a sparkle about her but she can't sing, or certainly not well enough to front a show. She has no power in her voice at all.
  • Options
    bluejumperbluejumper Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Is it just me who thinks that she looks like Joan Simms, of carry on fame.:o.....
  • Options
    jenda57jenda57 Posts: 606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    isopap wrote: »
    :eek: Do people really vote that many times? Oh my word, I thought I'd gotten a bit carried away when I voted for Will Young five times :eek:

Yes they do I sat and watched them do it. Number is on redial so they just press a button. I on the other hand drank some more wine and really wished I'd gone to the pictures with my other half.
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    bluejumper wrote: »
    Is it just me who thinks that she looks like Joan Simms, of carry on fame.:o.....

Ooh yes, she does like a slimmed down Joan. Good spot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Ooh yes, she does like a slimmed down Joan. Good spot.

Ah! see want you mean.Like Danielle and Stephanie are Hattie Jacques if seen reflected in a convex mirror.

Or is that a concave mirror?....yeah a concave mirror.They'd look like Olive Oil if it was convex.
  • Options
    amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I wasn't too surprised that Emilie was the wildcard choice - I though she had the right look for Dorothy and was happy to see her give it a shot.

Well she's had her shot at it but imo she just doesn't have what it takes. I'll be disappointed if she's still there in a couple of weeks because I really don't think she's capable of playing Dorothy.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peeve wrote: »
    The way the song was choreographed reminded me of Lee Mead singing 'I don't want to talk about it' in ADWD, as he had to sing it to a random young woman. But he did a brilliant job of engaging with her, so it was convincing. Emilie could have actually looked at the guy she was supposed to be singing to. It was, for me, utterly unconvincing as an acting performance and although this week she managed to sing in tune, it was still vocally weak.

I'm sure she's a lovely girl and all that (although she showed a huge lack of self-awareness in not understanding the criticisms from the judges) but I have to say I just don't understand why people are voting for her. :confused:

I agree. In fact, I commented that Emilie had Lee's choreography:D! However, the difference (apart from the song) was that Lee was streets ahead, acting-wise, and was able to really engage with his 'Josephine' and act with her. Emilie seemed out of her depth.
  • Options
    biggeralbiggeral Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Myself and my daughter thought Emilie was the best last night. It was a beautiful rendition of Moon River and I felt the judges comments were very harsh. Hope she stays as she has never come across as arrogant in our eyes.
  • Options
    biggeralbiggeral Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And she's safe!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wsmansem wrote: »
    Jees all this critism and nastiness is out of order .

She is just a young kid, leave her alone FGS .

It's this kind of thinking that has kept her in the competition.
    People feel sorry for her cos the panel made her cry.
    But everything they said was true & yet she gets to stay in cos the pubic feel sorry for her.
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't for a moment consider her to be arrogant.

I do however find her clearly the weakest, especially voice wise, and can only assume she's getting a boost in sympathy voting. Which is a pity when a show like this really should reward talent.
  • Options
    Numnum71Numnum71 Posts: 1,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But everything they said was true & yet she gets to stay in cos the pubic feel sorry for her.

True!
    How about poor Dani?
    She is a young talented girl who could have gone further in the contest, but she was knocked out by someone less talented by her!

Hey, that's the GBP for you! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She gets to stay in because the public vote - and the reasons are no doubt many and varied.

Many who feel free to discuss her performance in the most derisive manner don't even bother voting - which is why they find their own favourites in the bottom 2.

They know what they can do if they want to change the situation - put their money where their mouth is. If they choose not to do so, they must live with the result.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emilie Miming: There must be something wrong, there must be something wrong! I love you!

Emilie's Mum: What's Emilie done to deserve those harsh comments?

.... Be sh*t!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if Emelie was getting the most votes at the moment ..... but as each girl gets knocked out a lot of their fans are going to transfer to someone else ...... doubt it will be Emelie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    She gets to stay in because the public vote - and the reasons are no doubt many and varied.

Many who feel free to discuss her performance in the most derisive manner don't even bother voting - which is why they find their own favourites in the bottom 2.

They know what they can do if they want to change the situation - put their money where their mouth is. If they choose not to do so, they must live with the result.

If I could vote for who I wanted out for who rather than who I wanted in I would have voted for Emilie but alas we can only vote for who we want to stay in.

Despite voting for who I thought was the strongest my vote did not put Emilie in the bottom two where I thought she belonged.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    TylerTango wrote: »
    Emilie Miming: There must be something wrong, there must be something wrong! I love you!

.... Be sh*t!

I don't get it... did this just happen on the results show? I hevent seen it!
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gappy is by a good distance the worst singer on the show. IMO she should be got rif of ASAP, she comes over as arrogant and dislikeable in VT too. Anyone but her to win.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This could be the end of these shows if emilie continues to stay in. What if she won it? It would make a mockery of the whole thing and they wouldn't be able to do any more.

Fair enough ALW didn't want Jodie to be Nancy last year, but she was still really talented. Emilie is not even very good... ALW was quite right to say what he said last night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Gappy is by a good distance the worst singer on the show. IMO she should be got rif of ASAP, she comes over as arrogant and dislikeable in VT too. Anyone but her to win.

I'm starting to not enjoy the show anymore because all my faves keep going. Even if they weren't my favourite, ANYONE is better than her!!
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    isopap wrote: »

I'd take it with a pinch of salt, the phone lines are only open for a very short time. Everybody has redial and it still takes a good few attempts to get one vote registered, nevermind 100! I remember during the last SCD taking 10 minutes to get 2 votes in.
    SheShe wrote: »
    What upsets me about the Emilie situation is that much better singers like Tegan and Camille were overlooked by the public for the wildcard thing. That is just my opinion, of course, but I thought Camille, in particular, was outstanding.

Emilie has a sparkle about her but she can't sing, or certainly not well enough to front a show. She has no power in her voice at all.

Camille would have been my pick if I had been voting. I agree with the rest of your post too.
    bluejumper wrote: »

That's who it is! It's been bugging me so, thanks blue.
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if Emilie is running away with the public vote, hence the rather OTT criticism this weekend when actually she gave her best performance so far.

The public were already emotionally engaged with her by the first knock-out show, having voted her into it. So, a shaky performance in the first week can be put down to the turmoil of the week. Maybe in Week 2 she's still finding her feet (although The Boy Does Nothing is probably the worst performance I have ever seen on one of these shows) and then this week there was a slight improvement, although she was still terribly flat in places.

I don't imagine she'll win but what if she IS running away with it? I don't think she'd cope with the part to the West End standard - I think even she knows that judging by her acknowledgement in the results show that she needs to train. Could be the end of these shows.

As for the arrogance, she's young, she was voted in by the public and now they're not voting her out. I guess it's understandable that this might go to your head a bit. I think she probably doesn't think before speaking rather than really thinking she's God's gift.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it... did this just happen on the results show? I hevent seen it!

Yeah, she was miming to her family I think
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    TylerTango wrote: »

.... Be sh*t!

I though she was miming to Danni "Be strong! Be Strong!"