• darnelledarnelle Posts: 9,116
    Forum Member
    Michonne is the best character- i personally find daryl creepy
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    darnelle wrote: »
    I want to like Michonne but all she does is scowl.
    Rather one dimensional at the moment. :(
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    I took it that the fat walker had eaten Lori and that is why he went psycho. I couldn't make out what he found on the floor, was it one of her teeth or something?

I actually thought it was he wedding ring, but somebody has said a bullet, which I suppose makes sense, although wasn't exactly a way of identifying her having been eaten by fatty :D
    The start with the Gov and his daughter was a bit creepy though, but I did feel sorry for him. :cry:

You felt sorry for him?? lol... I actually thought - and I know this sounds sick but it's the kind of show where anything can happen (after all the Governor keeps containers with walkers' heads in them in a viewing room :eek:) ... I thought he was going to lay down his daughter and ... well... have sex with her! Sorry if that offends anybody:o, but that's what this show does to you, it makes you think all sorts of crazy thoughts!
    sootysoo wrote: »
    The phone call in the comics was part of Ricks mental breakdown, a figment of his imagination, a way of talking to Lori after her death
    I'll give my thoughts in a spoiler too, cause even though my theory might be wrong, it could be right :D
    As soon as we heard the phone ringing and he picked it up, I thought it would be his wife's voice on the other end. After all, they never got to have a proper resolution, so there is unfinished business between them - the only place he could resolve it now is in his head.

Yes, I would like to know more about where she's from, who she is, her history, etc.

PS: it's taken me so long to find this thread, DS can be a bit complicated sometimes, I'd perused the TV threads so often and not found you, I'm here now though :D:) Should have googled it in the first place, doh :p
  • SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    I took it that the fat walker had eaten Lori and that is why he went psycho. I couldn't make out what he found on the floor, was it one of her teeth or something?

Thought it was very sweet when Daryl laid the flower on the grave of who he assumed was Carol. I wonder if it was her on the phone?

Yes, Lori was eaten by a zombie. In fact, after Rick picked up the remaining shell casing of the bullet that Carl shot into his mother's head, he followed (Lori's) dragged blood trail which led him to the very stuffed zombie about five feet away. I could swear that I saw bits of Lori's flesh and hair near its mouth. :eek: Yuck! I don't blame Rick for raging on the zombie.

I'm very curious to find out who is at the other end of the phone line. :confused: Maybe Rick is hallucinating. He is in a psychotic state at the moment.

I think that Carol is still alive. She seems to have learned a great deal from her experiences with the group. I'm sure that she picked up a thing or two from Daryl himself. Speaking of Daryl, it was quite touching to see him placing the lone cherokee rose (?) on top of Carol's empty grave. I also found it touching watching him cradle Lori's baby and thinking of naming her little ass-kicker. A sweet moment amidst all that sadness and carnage. :)

The Governor combing his zombie daughter, Penny's, hair. Zombie heads encased in fish tanks. This guy is totally creepy.

Yup, I'm really enjoying this season. :D
  • SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darnelle wrote: »

Really? I'm curious, why do you personally find Daryl creepy? Personally, I find the Governor well and truly creepy.

I find him to be a very good person who is more than adequately adept at surviving in the wilderness. He's also very hot. Yes, I said it. :p

I like Michonne. I'm curious to find out more about her. She would be a perfect addition to Rick's now dwindling group.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow what another brilliant episode. I can't wait for more.

I wish we'd get a flashback to how all the original group met up. It was pretty cool when Glenn mentioned that T-Dog saved his life & drove his van around every member of his churches house incase they were still alive.

The Governer is pretty creepy. Glad we got the scene with Penny, Its class in the comics.
    Did Michonne see the girl or did she just mention the name from his book?
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member

Agreed. She reminds me of a stroppy adolescent year old with a sword ;)

That said, if she opens up when(?) she joins up with Rick's group, she could be a gold mine.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure they can do a flash-back episode one day. The problem is the children, have grown in real life, they'd have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for those pesky kids. Shame because I'd like to see it too.

On the phone call, comic book talk ahead people do not enter unless you wish to talk about it:)
    Yeah, I know it was Lori in the books, but I think they're going to switch it up, and make it Carol. It's also a bit super-naturally, which is easier to get away with in comic form, but could be jarring on screen. We all know phones don't work in this world, but maybe in a prison designed for security it's possible there's an in-house system. It would take us away from Rick going totally mad, and give us an answer to where Carol is. On her own, she really could be trapped in a room with only a few walkers around.

BTW it may be sacrilege, but this series has so far out-stripped the comics, it's untrue. Got rid of a lot of the soapier plots, made a lot of the women stronger characters, the governor so much better. Don't get me wrong the Comics to start with was very raw emotional stuff, and it's giving us a basis for my fave show, but as I say these 5 episodes are just sublime.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure they can do a flash-back episode one day. The problem is the children, have grown in real life, they'd have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for those pesky kids. Shame because I'd like to see it too.

On the phone call, comic book talk ahead people do not enter unless you wish to talk about it:)
    Yeah, I know it was Lori in the books, but I think they're going to switch it up, and make it Carol. It's also a bit super-naturally, which is easier to get away with in comic form, but could be jarring on screen. We all know phones don't work in this world, but maybe in a prison designed for security it's possible there's an in-house system. It would take us away from Rick going totally mad, and give us an answer to where Carol is. On her own, she really could be trapped in a room with only a few walkers around.

BTW it may be sacrilege, but this series has so far out-stripped the comics, it's untrue. Got rid of a lot of the soapier plots, made a lot of the women stronger characters, the governor so much better. Don't get me wrong the Comics to start with was very raw emotional stuff, and it's giving us a basis for my fave show, but as I say these 5 episodes are just sublime.

The other huge problem is bringing back the actors that are no longer in the show and doing other things. That would be the hard part.
  • DesricheDesriche Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I think I read somewhere that the phone call is a PPI claims company.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Desriche wrote: »

:D, made me chuckle:D
  • 2FS2FS Posts: 8,679
    Forum Member

That would definitely push him over the edge :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This. She has one expression.

Daryl is a GOD
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D:D
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    This. She has one expression.

Daryl is a GOD

He is my favourite character.

The one person you'd want with you in a Zombie Apocalypse!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hahaha :D Now they definitely are the walking dead :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    greeners29 wrote: »
    The other huge problem is bringing back the actors that are no longer in the show and doing other things. That would be the hard part.

Lori is still a 'series cast member' so would be contracted untill the end of this season. So there would be no problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also i've been wondering, When Rick found that zombie who had apparantly eaten Lori's body.. Are we led to believe its eaten Loris bones too?

If so how is that possible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure its Carol on the phone - not too many other people it could be:D

In the comics it's
    Lori
    and it's probably the same here.
    It's all in his head after she dies.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    I don't know who it could be on the phone and haven't read the comics, but I'm a bit dubious that its Carol because how would she know what number to call?

I do think she's alive though, it would be unfair to have her killed off-screen for what has been quite an important character in the series.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samboy wrote: »
    I don't know who it could be on the phone and haven't read the comics, but I'm a bit dubious that its Carol because how would she know what number to call?

I do think she's alive though, it would be unfair to have her killed off-screen for what has been quite an important character in the series.....

Well, if it was an in-house number it could just be an extension, perhaps a message board would show the number.

We'll see, I'm still hoping for Carol.
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samboy wrote: »

If its anything like our place (a hospital) everyone (efficient) has a list of numbers stuck to the wall, so she could be stuck in the Warden's office working her way though......

Of course, it could be a Walker accidentally phoning round:D

I did like the suggestion that it part of Rick's breakdown. Could be anyone if it is - the fellow he left behind at the start whom he used to try and contact on the radio for instance. Merle!!! That would be confusing, real Merle & hallucination Merle.

Though my favourite suggestion was the PPI company:D

btw - Thanks to people actually using spoilers - I really do appreciate it :) I am actually resisting the urge to read:D
  • MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    btw - Thanks to people actually using spoilers - I really do appreciate it :) I am actually resisting the urge to read:D

I am resisting too... but its hard lol. Tbh I normally can't resist spoilers but I've made an exception with this & GoT as I like to be shocked :eek: and they both seem to deliver :D
  • gaz141gaz141 Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the Talking Dead, the director of this episode said that Rick stabbed the fat/bloated zombie as it had eaten Lori and that it was the bullet that Carl used to shoot her is what Rick found on the floor. I didn't pick up on this tbh, at first I thought it was Lori and then I thought it was Carol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gaz141 wrote: »
    On the Talking Dead, the director of this episode said that Rick stabbed the fat/bloated zombie as it had eaten Lori and that it was the bullet that Carl used to shoot her is what Rick found on the floor. I didn't pick up on this tbh, at first I thought it was Lori and then I thought it was Carol.

Yeah I thought it was Lori for a bit - we haven't seen her body at all, I thought perhaps Carl didn't shoot her (just pretended) and that she was still alive.