Options

Little Mix - Glory Days (Album Thread)

Comments

• Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    I'm just gonna have to wait until the song is released to find out. :D

The description in the above press release is promising. If it's an anthem with a killer chorus, that alone could sell the song. If it's also supposed to ignite "pop fans" then maybe this could be a great new song.

2016 has been quite a disappointing year for UK chart hits (curse you Spotify!!! :p ). It would be great to end the year on a high note.
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as they knock James Arthur off, I'm good.

From the Sun's lyric posting I wasnt geting an obvious chorus so maybe they just picked out the juicy stuff to post. Otherwise the song seems a little odd structurally.

Also they said "premiere" so no radio play on Friday?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First video teaser

Little Mix ‏@LittleMix
    The countdown has begun…💕 who's ready for #ShoutOutToMyEx live on the @TheXFactor​;? Perrie <3

https://twitter.com/LittleMix/status/785878683689029632

I like it! It sounds much more upbeat than those lyrics suggested.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good to get a teaser out to build up more buzz/excitement/anticipation for the new single.

So it's definitely not going to sound like Salute then.

I assume they are going to release 4 teasers then with each of the girls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know why some fans were expecting more Salute. From the first post:

3. It's probably more Get Weird than DNA or Salute tbh
    "It's another step from anything we've ever done before. It's a lot more cool-sounding. It's quite slick, but at the same time it's kind of like Get Weird. It's very Little Mix, that's all you need to know.

"Still pop, still fun, a little bit of quirkiness; especially production-wise this time. Some of it's quite chilled and laidback. You're in for a treat."
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I like what I hear from the teaser so far. It sounds catchy and fun.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The album has been confirmed as Glory Days and the deluxe edition will include The Get Weird Tour Dvd

Shall we alert the mods and get them to change the album thread?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ I'll put in the request.

Little Mix ‏@LittleMix
    ... And the party just doesn't stop! 👯🙌🎉 We've got something AMAZING to tell you lovely lot! 💘💿✨ #LM4EraStartsNOW #GloryDays the girls x

https://twitter.com/LittleMix/status/786495820610670592

@LittleMix
    Here’s the shiny new artwork for our 4th album #GloryDays! 📸💕 You can pre-order from TOMORROW 😍 Available worldwide 18.11.16 💗🌍 the girls x

https://twitter.com/LittleMix/status/786500374563655684

AND….the deluxe #GloryDays album also includes the full #GetWeirdTourDVD 🎤😱 We can't wait for you guys to hear our new music 💜💖💜 the girls x
    https://twitter.com/LittleMix/status/786502313997312000

Glory Days. Yeah, they'll pass you by.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that was fast. Thanks mods.

It looks like Metallica and Bruno Mars will be their chart competition on Nov. 18.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to the album but why did they call it Glory Days? It seems a bit strange considering Britney's latest album is called Glory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe "Imperial Phase" was too bald.
  • Options
    jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the album but why did they call it Glory Days? It seems a bit strange considering Britney's latest album is called Glory.

That was my first thought when I first read the title. But to be fair on Little Mix, they probably had no idea Britney was calling her album Glory and vice versa. It was probably too late to change when either party found out. Similar thing happened in 2008 when Britney was releasing 'Circus' and Take That was releasing 'The Circus' [then to make matters worst, a month or two before P!nk released her album 'Funhouse' which had a similar Circus album/tour theme :o ]
  • Options
    MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this, I was pleasantly surprised by GW so Im interested to see what they come up with next. I like the title Glory Days, although the album covers are a bit dire, at least they're not sitting on a sofa this time!
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like that they are including a dvd with the deluxe. Deluxe editions mainly just include 3/4 extra songs. But to get a dvd is an even bigger bonus and makes it worth paying that few extra quid. Can't wait.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @KissFMUK
    @LMUSAUpdates We can neither confirm or deny whether #LittleMixOnKISS is happening tomorrow...😉 #SOTME

Allegedly a radio debut at 8 am Friday. Whew. They get some radio play before Sunday's performance.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a bit of a Springsteen fan, 'Glory Days' conjures up a certain feeling and time. Maybe it's the same for LM? And their audience?

I'm thinking of all the incredible titles they could have chosen from the Boss, 'Hungry Heart', 'Pink Cadillac', 'Thunder Road'....maybe it's a cover? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another teaser clip

littlemix
    #BRB…just getting ready for #ShoutOutToMyEx on @TheXFactor this Sunday 🎒👜💼 Who's gonna be tuning in? 🌚 xjadex

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLglUFPhOZ2/
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another teaser clip

littlemix
    #BRB…just getting ready for #ShoutOutToMyEx on @TheXFactor this Sunday 🎒👜💼 Who's gonna be tuning in? 🌚 xjadex

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLglUFPhOZ2/

There's a touch of the 'Black Magic' sound with that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    @KissFMUK
    @LMUSAUpdates We can neither confirm or deny whether #LittleMixOnKISS is happening tomorrow...😉 #SOTME

Allegedly a radio debut at 8 am Friday. Whew. They get some radio play before Sunday's performance.

Wise move getting the radio airplay starting tomorrow (if it happens - that Tweet doesn't exactly confirm anything).

Plus, the way the charts are now it doesn't really matter when a single is released. If it's popular enough it'll climb to the top. It's just that a Friday release means more chance of entering at #1 but we're now in an era where songs entering at #1 will become a rare feat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I recall correctly, KISS was intended to debut Black Magic but then it was leaked the previous week. I wouldnt be surprised if this was to make up for that.

I cant believe some think a radio debut earlier than Sunday's release is a bad idea. Having BM out for 6 weeks prior really hurt its sales, alright. Only fans and XF viewers and enraged Z fans currently know about its release date.
  • Options
    ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just pre-ordered the album on the LM website this morning, comes with free pre-sale tickets for the tour and is also signed.

Now that's worth paying £12 for!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That was my first thought when I first read the title. But to be fair on Little Mix, they probably had no idea Britney was calling her album Glory and vice versa. It was probably too late to change when either party found out. Similar thing happened in 2008 when Britney was releasing 'Circus' and Take That was releasing 'The Circus' [then to make matters worst, a month or two before P!nk released her album 'Funhouse' which had a similar Circus album/tour theme :o ]

I remember that. It seemed like circus-themed albums were the order of the day back in 2008.
    Maybe "Imperial Phase" was too bald.

Or maybe it sounded too much like a shampoo :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grabbing from the other thread
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    UK Dates

October 2017

28 – Sheffield Arena, Sheffield

30 – Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff

31 – Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff

November 2017

1 – Echo Arena, Liverpool

4 – Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle (Matinee + Evening Shows)

6 – 3Arena, Dublin

7 – The SSE Arena, Belfast

11 – The SSE Hydro, Glasgow (Matinee + Evening Shows)

13 – First Direct Arena, Leeds

15 – Motorpoint Arena, Nottingham

18 – Genting Arena, Birmingham (Matinee + Evening Shows)

21 – Manchester Arena, Manchester

22 – Manchester Arena, Manchester

25 – The O2, London (Matinee + Evening Shows)October 2017

No new album for 2017 with those dates. Maybe they can go to 5 singles if this one is received well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix ‏@LittleMix
    Sooooo....who's excited for world exclusive live performance of #ShoutOutToMyEX on @TheXFactor this Sunday night?! ❌❌❌❌ the girls x

If you're not from the UK, we got you! Cos it's gonna be LIVE streamed worldwide on @TheXFactor's official @Facebook page! 🙌🌏❌ the girls x

Notice its on X Factor's site. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm posting this to catch some hysterical meltdowns. I'm neutral on it.

Translated from an Italian interview:

Collaborations on the new album are planned?

Yes, there are collaborations, one of them is with the beautiful Meghan Trainor. We do not want to spoil the surprise, you'll soon find the other!

http://www.teamworld.it/news/musica/artisti/little-mix/la-intervista-delle-little-mix-litalia-fai-la-tua-domanda/3/