Options

Matt Cardle: One Direction and JLS are puppets

Comments

• Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oops!! someone is releasing an album and in dire need of publicity!!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    DamienS wrote: »
    at the end of the day, who is famous and worth £5 million??

Yup, Ill be a puppet any day!

If money ruled everyone's life they would, but some people have the need to express themselves creatively.
    Personally I would never be in one of Simon Cowell's groups who is told what to do all the time, I think I would lose my marbles. :eek:
    Fortunately though I don't think Simon thinks long-term, so it might not last too long anyway.
  • Options
    Shannon_BurnettShannon_Burnett Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Hmm nothing we haven't heard before. But what about Rebecca Ferguson? She did better than him and is no 'puppet'..but he failed to mention her ;)

She also co-wrote all the songs on her album, unlike Credible Cardle.

Another artist from that series who has sold better globally than Matt is Cher Lloyd. Definite absence of puppetry in her case.

Funny isn't it how he only compares himself to 'boybands' rather than solo artists when he's a solo artist himself. Are Leona and Alexandra supposed to be puppets as well? Joe McElderry?
    frank5 wrote: »
    But shouldn't it still count as sold in UK, because it's bought from UK retailers, no matter that it was shipped abroad? :confused:

Of course those sales would count toward UK platinum certification...of which there is no evidence for Letters despite claims to the contrary. It's easy to search on the BPI website:

http://www.bpi.co.uk/certifiedawards/search.aspx

The most recent figures quoted in Chi's music thread here on DS put Letters sales at 271,000. I think they were around 268,000 six months ago. If the pace is maintained that would make it a platinum seller in about five years' time. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's the type of person who shouldn't enter.

If your not mainstream you will fail with Syco.
  • Options
    PepperikaPepperika Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I see he's now signed to No1curr Records.

Still bitter about being dropped, and that at least 3 of the people he "beat" are doing vastly better than he is.

How long till he's back in his Mum's spare room (I know he recorded his latest album there - but thats different.)? :)
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's the type of person who shouldn't enter.

If your not mainstream you will fail with Syco.

If I remember correctly, his fans on here were always quick to say he wasn't signed to Syco, but Columbia and they were in it for the long run. Lol!!:o:D
    Pepperika wrote: »
    I see he's now signed to No1curr Records.

Still bitter about being dropped, and that at least 3 of the people he "beat" are doing vastly better than he is.

How long till he's back in his Mum's spare room (I know he recorded his latest album there - but thats different.)? :)

Lol!!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I like Nial' and Zayne's hair ... to me they're now the most attractive in the group ...Harry looks like Frankie Cocoza in that pic

anyhoo ... good luck to Matt with the new album :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    String9 wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, his fans on here were always quick to say he wasn't signed to Syco, but Columbia and they were in it for the long run. Lol!!:o:D

Lol!!:D

You remember quite correctly:

Columbia: In it for the long haul with Matt Cardle

Then there is Matt Cardle joint deal with Syco & Columbia which contains posts as much fun to read now as the early negative ones on the thread about whether One Direction will crack America. Sample:

I have complete faith in Columbia. They will know what to do with Matt - its fantastic news for him and is real evidence that they are going to let him make the album he wants to. That's all he can ask - any more depends on whether people buy it.

I couldn't be more excited about this!

:D:D:D
  • Options
    chosenturbochosenturbo Posts: 8,832
    Forum Member

he recorded it mainly in his home studio at his own (apparently very nice) flat in London, plus other studios around London and a gorgeous music venue in the Essex countryside, High Barn (http://www.high-barn.com/musicsite/studio-info/)

it was mastered at Abbey Road studios :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    he recorded it mainly in his home studio at his own (apparently very nice) flat in London, plus other studios around London and a gorgeous music venue in the Essex countryside, High Barn (http://www.high-barn.com/musicsite/studio-info/)

it was mastered at Abbey Road studios :)

Anyone can rent studio time at Abbey Road...
  • Options
    Forum Member

Then there is Matt Cardle joint deal with Syco & Columbia which contains posts as much fun to read now as the early negative ones on the thread about whether One Direction will crack America. Sample:

I have complete faith in Columbia. They will know what to do with Matt - its fantastic news for him and is real evidence that they are going to let him make the album he wants to. That's all he can ask - any more depends on whether people buy it.

:D

Brilliant. Where was this posted?
  • Options
    Forum Member

It is in the Joint Deal thread linked above, here is the post link:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=48779920&postcount=5
  • Options
    chosenturbochosenturbo Posts: 8,832
    Forum Member
    Anyone can rent studio time at Abbey Road...

it's not his parents' spare bedroom, though, is it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    it's not his parents' spare bedroom, though, is it?

I stand corrected on that one.

I'd imagine Matt and Dinosaur Pile-up shared a session or something to keep costs down.
  • Options
    sorlosorlo Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What is so amusing about that? Weird sense of humour.
    What was said was believed to be correct at the time. Why didnt you refute any of the claims at the time - it's because no one knew how things would pan out. It turned out things didn't work out in the end - no big deal really. That's just life.

Shannon, If you enjoy quoting, why not do some of your messages as well?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I stand corrected on that one.

I'd imagine Matt and Dinosaur Pile-up shared a session or something to keep costs down.

I love this quote from Matt's new label:

"And if that’s not enough, Yorkshire alt-rock band Dinosaur Pile-Up are waiting in the wings for a major launch of their thrilling sound in 2013."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sorlo wrote: »
    What is so amusing about that? Weird sense of humour.
    What was said was believed to be correct at the time. Why didnt you refute any of the claims at the time - it's because no one knew how things would pan out. It turned out things didn't work out in the end - no big deal really. That's just life.

Shannon, If you enjoy quoting, why not do some of your messages as well?

I wasnt on here at the time - or you can bet your life I would have done.

And surely even you can see the humour in the fact that Matt's record label is called So What!
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely he knew that the acts would become 'puppets' as he likes to put it before he even applied for the show? :confused:
    Someone is trying to grab a few headlines.
  • Options
    sorlosorlo Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasnt on here at the time - or you can bet your life I would have done.

And surely even you can see the humour in the fact that Matt's record label is called So What!
    I'm sure we'll have plenty of opportunities for debates in the future, but it's best to leave the past behind.

Btw, it's So What? ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Bitter, party of 1. Bitter party of 1. You're table next to the toilets is ready".

Seriously, Matt's problem has always been his ego and attitude. He's his own worst enemy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sorlo wrote: »
    I'm sure we'll have plenty of opportunities for debates in the future, but it's best to leave the past behind.

Btw, it's So What? ;)

So What? ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't remember this Mark Cradle chap, but he looks like a pudgy gurner.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah Columbia who have signed One Direction as their US label. As a boy band of course it won't be for the long haul ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    twingle wrote: »
    Ah Columbia who have signed One Direction as their US label. As a boy band of course it won't be for the long haul ;)

Perish the thought, it's all hype, they'll never crack the US, UK boybands never do...;)
  • Options
    ultrosultros Posts: 8,504
    Forum Member
    Matt lost all credibility when he murdered a Beatles classic stomping around the stage like he was constipated wearing That Vest :eek:
    *Hashtag-Bingowings*