How do you know you have a Nail Varnish problem?

Comments

• labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have any of you guys seen this:

http://www.selfridges.com/en/Beauty/Categories/NEW-IN/Make-up-colour/Mini-Mani-Month-advent-calendar_464-3002480-GS049/

I want this. I want it now. Apparently you have to be quick before they run out of stock! Hope they are still around when I get paid *nervous* :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member

http://www.selfridges.com/en/Beauty/Categories/NEW-IN/Make-up-colour/Mini-Mani-Month-advent-calendar_464-3002480-GS049/

I want this. I want it now. Apparently you have to be quick before they run out of stock! Hope they are still around when I get paid *nervous* :o

I saw that yesterday, it looks amazing! Bit pricey for me though :(

I haven't bought any polishes in a month :eek: but came home with four today. Barry M Raspberry & Amethyst and got black Croc effect free and then bought Rimmel Purple Reign. Don't know what to try first!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love purple reign (again the song is back in my head...)
    Pics of it on my blog. Not tried the 2 barry M colours but barry M is (nearly) always good quality :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just clicked the selfridges link OH MY GOD i need that.

boyf said he'll get me it if i get him the lego star wars advent calander...i think we may have a deal!
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member

I saw this on a blog the other day and thought 'nah' as some of the shades looked really similar in the pic I saw, and the price is a bit :eek: But looking again, there does look like a nice selection, and it works out at just under £1.60 per nail varnish/door, which isn't too bad.

I will have to see what my bank balance says if it's still in stock after buying Christmas presents. ;)
  • labelsandlovelabelsandlove Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this on a blog the other day and thought 'nah' as some of the shades looked really similar in the pic I saw, and the price is a bit :eek: But looking again, there does look like a nice selection, and it works out at just under £1.60 per nail varnish/door, which isn't too bad.

I will have to see what my bank balance says if it's still in stock after buying Christmas presents. ;)

You know, I've just had a complete turnaround and think exactly what you've written here. Now I'm thinking it's a bit 'meh' :eek: It is really expensive and I don't know if I want to spend that amount of money on it. I'm not allowed to wear nail polish at work, so I only do my toenails really - doesn't seem worth it! However I would not say no if someone decided I needed it :D
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried my Leighton Denny polish and I am so disappointed :(

It doesn't go on well, lots of dragging and pooling, but after 2 coats it was opaque and the colour was really pretty. By the end of the first day's wear, it was chipped to oblivion! I had done the usual base, 2 coats and top coat, but it really doesn't wear well. I did some patch ups to try and make it last, but it chipped off even worse.

£11 not well spent. Are they usually this poor quality?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LD Polishes are usually spot on. I've prob 20 or so of his and not had an issue with any. Might be a faulty batch.

I've got 2 new Collection (presume they've dropped the 2000) today. Pretty disappointed tho. Both glitters from their Bedazzled collection. Glittersweet and Love Jewel. Look great in the bottles but coverage is sparse. Trying to move the glitter around to get coverage isn't great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which LD was it? I've not had a problem with most, but one or 2 have been a bit iffy
  • TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you have just got a bad bottle if anything I have the most success with my LD polishes. They are the ones that don't tend to peel off my nails or chip instantly like most other ones do and they have always gone on really well too. I can sometimes even get by with just one coat of LD especially if its Caught Red Handed or Little Thief as the colour usually comes out really well.

On an aside seriously ticked off with QVC at the moment ordered the Nails Inc TSV on advanced order which was fine as it meant I could order but not have to worry about finding the cash immediately as trying to be good and budget and not spend all my money on polishes but checked my bank account Friday morning to find they had taken the money it appears the advance order mysteriously managed to be advanced by three weeks not good when I hadn't budgeted £30 coming out of my account this week on the plus side I now have seven new polishes arriving this week but fed up of QVC messing orders around especially for Nails Inc my last order ended up cancelled because it was advanced as well and they tried to take payment a week ahead of the date they said and the money obviously wasn't in at that point so they just cancelled it. I know they are the best value in getting the big sets but starting to think it isn't worth the hassle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    definately put in a complaint on that one! one of the reasons I'm always a bit unsure of QVC. Couldn't order something anyway with the hassle over our address at the moment!

However, my amazing boyfriend bought me the Ciate ADVENT CALENDAR! beyond excited. it was a trade off for him getting a lego star wars..and they're counting as christmas prezzies. Still, beyond excited for december!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did complain to QVC but didn't really get anywhere it was pretty much a case of tough we have processed it so we are sending it. Luckily I did have the money to cover but its left me short for other stuff this week and ending up having another complaint with them today when the courier claimed to have attempted delivery when in fact I watched her go down the street. In fairness they did get it sorted asap and she came back with it this afternoon. It was strange though as she is normally brilliant as I always have the same courier.

So I now have my new set mostly impressed although my enthusiam for it has been dampened a bit because of all the hassles with it which is a bit of shame as I normally get really excited when new polish arrives.

Glad you got the advent calander it looks fantastic although sadly I have to treat myself to anything like that but sounds like it was a fair trade off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats really strange! thanks for the warning about the advance delivery. You'd think if they were going to move it they'd warn you..
    Which courier was that? None of our post is getting through at the moment so we're not risking ordering anything unless its essential, at least until its sorted. Sadly nail polish doesn't count as essential :(

His calander was a bit cheaper so I bought him some extra lego to make up the price. Big geek that he is was made up with that haha.
  • My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boots are doing 3 for 2 so gone a bit mad (again). Got: Amethyst, Gold Mine, Rose Quartz, Diamond Glitter, Blackberry Gelly - all Barry M and my very first Models Own - Jack Frost. As you can tell, I am a bit obsessed with glitter! Any suggestions what shade to put Jack Frost over? It's so unusual (to me) that I couldn't not get it, especially as it was the last one on the rack!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jane-hen12 wrote: »
    thats really strange! thanks for the warning about the advance delivery. You'd think if they were going to move it they'd warn you..
    Which courier was that? None of our post is getting through at the moment so we're not risking ordering anything unless its essential, at least until its sorted. Sadly nail polish doesn't count as essential :(

His calander was a bit cheaper so I bought him some extra lego to make up the price. Big geek that he is was made up with that haha.

It was Hermes. I always have the same driver as well and she is a lovely woman don't know what was going on yesterday maybe she was just having a bad day as even when she did turn up with it she still couldn't get it to scan and it was still loopy in the system saying it had been left in porch when I now had it. Not planning on ordering from QVC for a while so there shouldn't be any more dramas.

I'm currently hunting around Ebay for the OPI Halloween minis as I really like the colours in this years set I did get last years.

I think the advent calander thing is fab as you are both getting something out of it which sort of lasts and I guess your never too old for Lego or at least thats what I discovered when I went to Germany a few years back there was a Lego shop in one of the shopping centres and it was mainly adults rather than the kids that were in there its good to be a big kid sometimes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha less calories than chocolate as well :p
    the lego store in Liverpool One is pretty much the same!

Not had any experience with Hermes to be honest, that I remember at least. Not heard bad things about them before, unlike Yodel, god they're bad haha.

We finally got some post, so I can finally start ordering things again! Ebay is just trouble for me, I end up wanting everything! have you tried checking amazon as well?
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm back from holiday! I bought OPI's Goldeneye at the airport and wore it (chips and worn tips and all) for two weeks, just kept adding extra coats.

Today I went a bit mad and bought the entire Mirrorball collection in Boots plus Snowflake.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome back!! Hope you had an amaaaaaaazing holiday :)
    xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got OPI Black Spotted today *runs around waving arms*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how did you manage that one?! I considered getting it shipped from the sephora website but it seemed a bit steep...maybe a christmas present to myself if its still there!

Any good? Photos please!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jane-hen12 wrote: »
    how did you manage that one?! I considered getting it shipped from the sephora website but it seemed a bit steep...maybe a christmas present to myself if its still there!

Any good? Photos please!

eBay :) it's amazing. I'll see if I can do a picture from my iPhone
  • Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    OMG! *neeeeed*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's my blog with a review and pictures of Black Spotted :)

http://purelypolish.wordpress.com/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so jealous! I looked on ebay but its SO expensive...wondering whether it may be a step too far...but i want it so much!
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crikey, has everyone got a blog these days? Lol! That looks great Horton.

Oh dear, I haven't blogged since 6th October. I haven't had the energy or the motivation. I took some photos of one of the Mirrorballs yesterday, so I suppose I should get round to posting them today, and swatching the rest while it's sunny out (it's REALLY sunny out). But I quite like the idea of sitting here in my pyjamas drinking coffee and moping about my poor cat (she died on Monday, when I got back from holiday.)