Options

Have you ever been heart broken?

124»

Comments

• Options
    BiancaLDNBiancaLDN Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There were times when I thought I had been heartbroken, but looking back, I couldn't care less. So no, I don't think so.
  • Options
    jasonjimbobjasonjimbob Posts: 1,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I probably come across as sounding real stupid, I met this woman on Facebook after telling her about her photos being scammed by other users, and I contacted her, and told her about it, she added me as a friend and we got talking through that. I got talking to her through Yahoo chat as well and after her claiming undenying love for me, I fell really in love with her (she is a Real Hot woman too) if you saw her photo's, but the woman on Yahoo and Facebook turned out to be a scammer also, because she asked me for money, so I felt quite s****y and heartbroken in the end, but that's the way it goes. I know I never spoke to her in person, so it probably does not matter really, but I could not help falling in to her so called Web. but I got out of it and now I no longer have any contact with her. even though she was not real in a way,
  • Options
    LollytrollLollytroll Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Yes, but not with an ex, my heart broke when my best friend got a girlfriend and she did not like me so we had to stop talking. That was worse than any break up. Happily she got over that I was a girl realised I did not want to steal him and now we are all great friends
  • Options
    IvorChestikoffIvorChestikoff Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    That is all quite emotional, and much as I feel about Kim the Australian/Asian lady I met. Sometimes you just meet someone who is your soul mate, your love of your life and that's that. I'd crawl naked over broken glass to get to her.
    :cry:
  • Options
    MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I feel a bit heartbroken because I haven't really had a serious relationship and rarely ever meet men. And I went through a period in my late teens/early 20s of being 'friend who nobody wants to date' while the rest of my friends all got attention and boyfriends. I have to admit I sometimes feel like the invisible woman.

I'll shut up now. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes its horrible. Its put me off relationships cos I never wanna risk feeling pain like that again.
  • Options
    christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Yes and hopefully it'll be the first and last time.

Did you ever find someone to fix it? ;):o

Well it certainly won't be Jim that'll fix it :eek:
  • Options
    Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bedsit Bob wrote: »
    Yes, when I found out Cynthia Nixon is gay. :(

Cos you would have stood a chance if she was straight?:confused:

:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    That is all quite emotional, and much as I feel about Kim the Australian/Asian lady I met. Sometimes you just meet someone who is your soul mate, your love of your life and that's that. I'd crawl naked over broken glass to get to her.

Yeah, I agree with you. I think there is always that one person you'll hold a candle for and never quite get over. It makes it more difficult to get over with the fact that he's never done anything to hurt me so I can't even have any hard feelings towards him at all. I adore the man, and I hate it! Haha :p
  • Options
    stevenjwstevenjw Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    I know it sounds trivial compared to relatives dying or relationships breaking down, but my only experience of anything close to heartbreak so far has been when I had to get my cat put down. I was in the actual room with him and held onto his paw as they injected him. I literally felt the life go out of him and I just became a total wreck. I couldn't stay in the surgery, so I raced home and just sobbed my heart out. I even got a condolence card from the vet's a week later. It's been 3 years but I still can't look at photos or talk about him without crying :o

Don't feel embarrassed, pets become part of the family. I still miss our cat who died 20 plus years ago and wish he was still with us.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    My fiancee cheated on me with my best friend. I had been with my fiancee for 5 years and had known my best mate for 16 years.

Took me a while to trust women again after that.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    My fiancee cheated on me with my best friend. I had been with my fiancee for 5 years and had known my best mate for 16 years.

Took me a while to trust women again after that.

I fully understand. In general when somebody/some people you trust, lets you down, it's difficult to forgive. This unfortunately has happened to me IRL and even on forums.
  • Options
    SadpersonSadperson Posts: 12,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To the original point of the thread - hell yes. I will always regret letting the love of my life walk out of it. I found out a month or so ago that he died in 2006. I have no idea how he died, or why - he was 50 at the time, and there are many possible explanations. Unfortunately I can't find out without opening old wounds. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My first love when I was seventeen. He was a bit of a sheister really but I fell for him big time.

After a few months he dumped me for no reason and I was gutted.

We went to the same college and had many of the same friends, after we finished he went out with a few girls and appeared to flaunt the relationship (I use the term loosely) in my face.

When I decided to move on, he beat up the guy I had been seeing,obviously he walked away after deciding I wasn't worth a pasting for.

After college ended I forgot about him. He was a dirtbag,apart from the next one I went out with afterwards, my choice of men have been pretty good since.
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread makes for sad reading.

I do wonder though about people idealising a past relationship/love and not moving on even after years. You're kind of sacrificing the real love of your life (you) for some person who doesn't want to be with you. It's really not worth it. Please let yourselves be loved again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shappy wrote: »
    I do wonder though about people idealising a past relationship/love and not moving on even after years. You're kind of sacrificing the real love of your life (you) for some person who doesn't want to be with you. It's really not worth it. Please let yourselves be loved again.

The person concerned was wanting to be with me. It was her mother who interfered in proceedings, as she thought I was too young and immature. Too much drinking, partying and clubbing, when I was a student. Maybe her mother was correct, but I'll never know.