cats vs dogs

2»

Comments

• statenislandstatenisland Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do hope cats aren;t always cold as I want cuddles!
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BZR wrote: »
    Dogs because you feel they actually love you and are pleased your there where as cats are independant and can come across as cold.

That's exactly the reason I prefer cats! I get the feeling that many dogs could love anybody. But you earn a cat's trust and love, and you've really EARNT it. Mostly. Plus I find dogs' constant need for love a bit wearing.
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BiB, Wish my dog was like that, he even turns his nose up at fresh chicken.

I have never had a dog that would not eat. Bobby gets his food put down and he sits and waits for 1 to 5 minutes before he is allowed to eat it. If he does not eat it right away it goes in the bin. Mind you he only ever leaves it if he is ill.

Dogs for me as they can come fell running!
  • BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    That's exactly the reason I prefer cats! I get the feeling that many dogs could love anybody. But you earn a cat's trust and love, and you've really EARNT it. Mostly. Plus I find dogs' constant need for love a bit wearing.

Oh no my dog only saves his loves for me and my boyfriend, hes friendly with others but soon comes and sits with us plus he settles down quickly, has a fuss bit of a cuddle then hes off to sleep :)
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duncan hates other people only loves us, and we had an anorexic Chihuahua she was so fussy about her food she would rather go hungry than eat many times.

Some dogs are quite cat like some cats are more like dogs. lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    Some dogs are quite cat like some cats are more like dogs. lol

Absolutely this.

My cat is definitely part dog insofar as he follows me about and (most times) comes when called. He also settles down to sleep wherever I am.

Everything else is on his terms though. :)

I happen to like both creatures fairly evenly.
  • misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cats just edge it for me.

Growing up we had a couple of dogs and three cats over the years.

The first dog was evil so had to go, but the rest were great family pets.

I toyed with getting a dog when i moved into my first house, but the parents advised that it would be more of a tie than a cat. So I ended up with The Beast, the first pet I chose and owned proper.

But really I don't know if I would ever get another cat after him, he is a perfect pet; he can put me through the whole range of emotions, when I tell him off for some act of gitness, he will just sit there look at me and yawn. Which cracks me up and makes me choke a bit.:o

His 'character' is a perfect fit with mine, I had him before I was married and we are a team.

I sort think any subsequent cat I may have, I will always compare to the Beast, which wouldn't be fair.
  • Susan_A1951Susan_A1951 Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have one of each - but if I had to choose it must be my dog.
    Probably because of my fridge magnet which says it all:

"If your dog thinks you are the best, don't seek a second opinion".
  • MarellaKMarellaK Posts: 5,781
    Forum Member
    misha06 wrote: »
    Cats just edge it for me.

Growing up we had a couple of dogs and three cats over the years.

The first dog was evil so had to go, but the rest were great family pets.

I toyed with getting a dog when i moved into my first house, but the parents advised that it would be more of a tie than a cat. So I ended up with The Beast, the first pet I chose and owned proper.

But really I don't know if I would ever get another cat after him, he is a perfect pet; he can put me through the whole range of emotions, when I tell him off for some act of gitness, he will just sit there look at me and yawn. Which cracks me up and makes me choke a bit.:o

His 'character' is a perfect fit with mine, I had him before I was married and we are a team.

I sort think any subsequent cat I may have, I will always compare to the Beast, which wouldn't be fair.

I compare all cats to my Tabitha who was my first proper cat as an adult. None can live up to her, she was so special to me and we suited each other perfectly, as you say, a 'perfect fit'. However, she left such a huge cat shaped hole in my life when she died that, although I was convinced, as she was dying, that I would never get another cat to replace her, I lasted just a few weeks before I adopted my 2 rescues.

Every cat is different and, though I know I will never love another cat the way I loved my Tabitha, I still have a lot to offer cats and it's a mutually beneficial relationship.

I hope you continue to have cats in your life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    Dogs all the way for me (the user name is a bit of a giveaway:D)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I prefer dogs. They're a great companion and they can protect your house in some way.