Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delete
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to this thread, I now laugh daily at the " 'Elf Lotteree!" (Health Lottery, to those of you not fluent in strange ad talk) advert.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Tarot wrote: »
    There's an advert for PCs at the moment that says you can have £100 off the price if you swap your 'old' Win7 machine for a Win8; once my Win7 machine gets past it's best I'll be looking at Mac PCs rather than get Win8.
    I'm getting tired of Microsoft constantly wanting more money for 'new' versions of Windows, and for trying to turn a machine I use for business into a kindergarten toy.
    Seriously looking into Linux;)
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maxine Barlow holder of the mucus cough is getting right on my tits,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1- Be Wiser (Insurance).

2- Totally p*ssed off with the Tena Lady ads.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Don't know what it's advertising but there is an ad with a breathy voiced girl singing a song with the lyrics 'hold you by the frame, whisper your name..'

It makes my ears curl.. Hate it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Got a carrrr? Get a logbook loann!'. :mad::mad:
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twimp2 wrote: »
    Don't know what it's advertising but there is an ad with a breathy voiced girl singing a song with the lyrics 'hold you by the frame, whisper your name..'

It makes my ears curl.. Hate it!

That's the Google Chrome advert, the song's called Velvet Elvis by Alex Winston (in case you want to download it) ;)
  • HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any ad with inanimate objects (or cats) talking at you in an irritatingly dull voice...'I'm a camera & I take pictures', 'I'm a pc & I blah blah blah'....**** off!!
  • ValerianValerian Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The creepy Chloe advert "Chloe....pick up the phone baby....you looked so pretty yesterday". :D

This ad stinks, just like the perfume :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Hypnoali wrote: »
    Any ad with inanimate objects (or cats) talking at you in an irritatingly dull voice...'I'm a camera & I take pictures', 'I'm a pc & I blah blah blah'....**** off!!

I hate the Nikon advert, and I hate the music in it the most- na na na NA NA NAAAAH!!!!

So annoying, and pretentious. "I cheer you up, before you start crying," ""I start taking pictures, before you've fully pressed the button".WELL I STILL HAVE TO PRESS IT! It's not like it knows the moment and takes the picture!!!

There was a particularly annoying version before, with Robbie Williams at the end, looking smug as usual. It also came on at dinnertimes often. That wasn't good.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    tvbox wrote: »
    I hate the Nikon advert, and I hate the music in it the most- na na na NA NA NAAAAH!!!!

So annoying, and pretentious. "I cheer you up, before you start crying," ""I start taking pictures, before you've fully pressed the button".WELL I STILL HAVE TO PRESS IT! It's not like it knows the moment and takes the picture!!!

There was a particularly annoying version before, with Robbie Williams at the end, looking smug as usual. It also came on at dinnertimes often. That wasn't good.
    Totally agree. Hate the song in that ad!
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 22,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "My name's Paul Fabry and I grow AAAWWWAAANGES for Tropicana....."

Time they binned this annoying bloody add with its AAAWWWWAAANGES!
    :mad:
  • Sam SolitudeSam Solitude Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    ANY that promotes a sale that starts on Boxing Day.

ANY that advertises perfume/aftershave.They're all foreign & make no sense.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tvbox wrote: »
    a particularly annoying version before, with Robbie Williams at the end[...]came on at dinnertimes often.

Isn't it against broadcasting rules to show a c*ck on TV before the watershed?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boxing day fills me with dread because all the couch adverts are rolled out,not that they ever go away with their permanent "end,s bank holiday"sales but they seem to just be wall to wall after christmas,always with really annoying people and random songs,DFS,CSL,Sofa company,every one has such irritating ad,s.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    The blummin Kermit 'Happy feet' holiday ad is back on already!!!
  • LojenLojen Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate that damned ad with for drink driving with the barman trying to give an Oscar performance playing different parts. Gawd I want to punch that guy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's an advert for PCs at the moment that says you can have £100 off the price if you swap your 'old' Win7 machine for a Win8; once my Win7 machine gets past it's best I'll be looking at Mac PCs rather than get Win8.

WinXP will always be better than the crappy 7 or 8 they put out.
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kermit Happy feet ad
    The Dancing on ice ad
    Awwranges for tropicana
    Thoose Argos aliens are even more annoying
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    "My name's Paul Fabry and I grow AAAWWWAAANGES for Tropicana....."

Time they binned this annoying bloody add with its AAAWWWWAAANGES!
    :mad:

He looks like the kinda guy who beats trespassers on his farm to death with a shovel :D
  • ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate Lynx: There must be something psychological:mad::mad:

Hate Nikon, I cant even work out what the song is saying bit I hate it with a passion!!!! :mad:
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnoali wrote: »

The cat food ad, forgot which one, with the cats saying I'm a carnivore , feed me meat. The voice overs sound like they just got the production staff to read out the script.:rolleyes:
  • TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ursula321 wrote: »
    Hate Lynx: There must be something psychological:mad::mad:

Hate Nikon, I cant even work out what the song is saying bit I hate it with a passion!!!! :mad:

I have to add the Valentina advert to these two..."It's wonderfoool, it's wonderfoool.." :D
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    The man who voice overs the M & S ad. I use to think it was sexy but he sounds like a snake with the extended sssssssssssss :mad:

Unless his false teeth are loose :D
This discussion has been closed.