Options

Peaches Geldof dead (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is so terribly sad. She seemed to have found her path in life being a Mother and Wife.
    Bob and the rest of the family have had so much pain over the years.
  • Options
    FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my :( she has two very small children as well. She seemed so happy and had her act together lately. No one knows yet but i am hoping it was some freak natural cause and she has not gone the way of her mother. i feel for her whole family.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad. Her poor kids.

There's already a large thread in Showbiz about this btw.
  • Options
    CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how mony threads is that now ?

we know.
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Thats a shame so young too, regardless of the cause..makes me thankfull to have just been in the kitchen baking shortbread with my 5 year old, simple thing but you never know when its anyones time..
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She seemed on top of the world. Unexplainable at this point in time.
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sad.

Thoughts with her family.

She seemed to have really turned herself around from being a bit of an irritating teenager to a quite articulate and from the messages I've read on Twitter, reasonably well liked young woman, largely thanks to how good a mother she seemed to be, and that This Morning appearance with Katie Hopkins. It's nice that she'll be warmly remembered.

RIP
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How very sad for her family.
  • Options
    topcat2topcat2 Posts: 6,265
    Forum Member
    I don't think there is any recent evidence of her self destructing. No idea what the cause of death is yet.

RIP Peaches you've got to like anyone that can tell Katie Hopkins where to go. Feel so sorry for her children, husband and family. Dealing with a sudden death is awful
  • Options
    iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be shocked if its suicide considering how dedicated she was as a Mother.
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's shocking just how much that family has had to go through isn't it? Poor Tiger Lily especially. That's just too much pain.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a shock, I was watching the news earlier when this broke and I had to rewind it as I thought I'd heard incorrectly! She's so young, and I really feel for her family, especially her husband and her two little boys whom she seemed to adore immensely.

I'm hoping for their sakes it turns out to be something medically underlying, like a heart defect or something, rather than drugs or a suicide. It might give them a tiny bit more peace to know that it was something like that rather than her having taken her life into her own hands.

RIP Peaches :(
  • Options
    Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody deserves this kind of sorrow and I hope Bob and his family can over come this tragedy. My thoughts are with them xx
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    I guess the comments were removed. And a good thing.

Poor Peaches.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Katy Hopkins doesn't use this as a moment to make some incredibly insensitive comment as a way to get a headline.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Just so horribly sad, those poor babies, that poor family. Just so very, very sad
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    So many people are bothered by what Katie Hopkins may or may not say that it makes her opinion all the more relevant, if you just didn't care she would go away.
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Poor old Bob as well. He will be heartbroken. He's had more than his fair share of grief.

Whatever your opinion on her as a person, this is such a tragic thing to happen. I have a great deal of time for Bob. Anyone who will take in the child of his ex, treat her as his own, is a special person in my eyes.

So, so sad. I just hope for all concerned it is found to be natural causes as that will surely be of some comfort. And for Peaches sake, I hope she was unaware of what was happening and that it was quick and painless.

My sincerest condolences to the whole family...x
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad words from Bob - Fractured family.

I can't understand why
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have not been this shock since the death of Amy Winehouse 25 is way to young.
  • Options
    edExedEx Posts: 13,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm much more shocked by this one. It really looked like Peaches had settled down. With Amy it was always a possibility.

Not implying anything in the above BTW. No idea how this happened. It's just tragic.
  • Options
    topcat2topcat2 Posts: 6,265
    Forum Member
    They've said it isn't being treated as suspicious but that doesn't mean anything.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edEx wrote: »
    I'm much more shocked by this one. It really looked like Peaches had settled down. With Amy it was always a possibility.

Not implying anything in the above BTW. No idea how this happened. It's just tragic.

I was watching a documentary about Amy at the weekend. In hindsight it looked like it was only a matter of time rather than a possibility. This is really shocking.
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member

While I'd be lying if I said I was the biggest fan of Peaches when she was alive, her
    death-especially leaving behind a husband and two children- is a genuine
    tragedy.

RIP Peaches Geldof. :(
  • Options
    supersnakesupersnake Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such terribly tragic news. I'm still so shocked. Such a terrific writer, mother and woman. The distasteful speculation just deepens the sadness of this news, really wish some people would have just an ounce of respect. R.I.P.