Options

24: Live Another Day [US Pace]

Comments

• Options
    tedmaul09tedmaul09 Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still watching and I do like it, but my suspension of disbelief is at breaking point. Maybe it's the UK setting but it's just really so unbelievable now.

It's still good fun just can't take it seriously :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been watching some earlier episodes to kill time in between new ones. Does Jack still have a PDA to download everything too, or is he just using a phone now? :D
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So they're super stealth drones, was about to mention Spitfires and Doodlebugs before that helpful exposition explained why we can't shoot these slow flying things down.

Love the way the PM has to go and see the President, in his own Country and about to be bombed by the Americans, cheeky bastards.
  • Options
    dj999dj999 Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    could that terrorist that Jack mentioned be Tony by any chance?
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    So they're super stealth drones, was about to mention Spitfires and Doodlebugs before that helpful exposition explained why we can't shoot these slow flying things down.

Love the way the PM has to go and see the President, in his own Country and about to be bombed by the Americans, cheeky bastards.

I found it annoying that PM Fry didn't kick up a fuss about armed CIA agents running around the UK conducting raids.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to settle back into the sheer stupidity of it all. Like a comfortable pair of shoes.

I'm guessing in a few more eps they'll have finished in the UK and will catch a plane back to America, allowing the time to skip forward enough that the full 24 hours will have been covered by the end of the 12th ep.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weetibix wrote: »
    Best episode so far...... Even if Jack didn't feature much

During this weeks ep I began to realise I like it all a lot more when the female CIA agent whose name I forget is the main character. Every scene Bauer's been in the performance is so old and predictably gruff and stressed out, it's just boring to watch:

Quick glance over here, deliver a line in a gruff half whisper, quick glance over there, deliver the rest of the line with a DAMMIT or two peppered throughout, a few more nervous tick glances around him, touch his earpiece so we know he's on a radio, a few more dammits, end the call in a bad mood, and shoot/punch/incapacitate someone/something.

Yep, seen it aaaaall before Kiefer!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Big-Arn wrote: »
    During this weeks ep I began to realise I like it all a lot more when the female CIA agent whose name I forget is the main character.

Kate is pretty much a Bauer clone. At first this was grating, but as this season goes on I am now thinking her character works well as a parallel to Jack. There is something about her where I think she could help carry the show forward. I love Jack but I could imagine watching her as a lead instead.

I am really enjoying this series so far. Predictions:
    - Chief of Staff signing Jack over to the Russians will likely crop up at the very end of the series and Jack goes into Russian custody. Of course this is perhaps too strong a reminder of what happened with him and the Chinese. It'd be nice to see Audrey/President fight for Jack and stop the transfer last minute.
    - I reckon Kate's husband wasn't a mole (we keep hearing she has really good ability to suss out people). He supposedly committed suicide, but likely a set-up from the true mole (Jordan or Navarro; most likely Navarro) who set her husband up as he was uncovering the mole/conspiracy.
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dj999 wrote: »
    could that terrorist that Jack mentioned be Tony by any chance?

That was my first thought.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jack Bauer "Don't fight it".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    What a scene between Jack and Audrey! I felt like crying with them.
    The tension and excitement is beginning to build! No doubt heller will be turning to Jack next week asking him to head up the operation!
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Simone's husband was an idiot. Did he really believe she wouldn't tell her psycho mum what he told her? (about the helpful clue he left?)

Wonder if Simone ends up dead at the hands of Mad Margo?

Cracking episode.

Of course, they'll do what they should have done all along, next week, and bring in Jack to save the day! :D
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I found it annoying that PM Fry didn't kick up a fuss about armed CIA agents running around the UK conducting raids.

Well, the CIA do have magic cars which can get from central London to the middle of the countryside in less than 10 minutes. They clearly have better technology. The British security services will be running around blowing whistles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure they'll use Heller as bait but it'll go horribly wrong and then Jack and Tony (just bring Tony in already!) Track down where they've taken Heller and rescue him as Margot escapes with the drones still in her control.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Elementary had MI6 assets, working in New York the other week.:cool:

So everyone is on Jack's Page....;-)

Liking the teaming up of My Kate & Chloe.:cool:

And that drone attack on the House - I wanted a bigger explosion.:(
  • Options
    Dare_AllanDare_Allan Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Elementary had MI6 assets, working in New York the other week.:cool:(

MI6 in Paint it Black were highly competent, not something that the US intelligence service has ever displayed in 24 ;p.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    Who is Catelyn Stark?

The character Michelle Fairley plays in Game of Thrones.
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    tombigbee wrote: »
    The character Michelle Fairley plays in Game of Thrones.

Ah. Never watched it.

I assume she's been in other things. Why use that one?
    Is she a psycho in that one as well?
  • Options
    dj999dj999 Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and also at first glance thought Milo Pressman was back
  • Options
    jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,057
    Forum Member
    I have a sneaky feeling we'll be getting all the jumped hours when night falls. At least it means characters will be able to get a little shut eye for a change.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dammit! I didn't realise this had already started. Just had to do a 5-episode catch-up.

So, great to see 24 back and the London setting is pretty good (haven't spotted anyone using a red phone box yet or any men walking around with umbrellas and bowler hats). Still, the familiar locations do add a bit more WTF? moments, especially with regard to timing (as already mentioned...Simone goes from Charing Cross to her mum's country mansion in 5 minutes haha. 5 minutes from Charing Cross and she'd likely still be stuck at traffic lights at Trafalgar Square!)

Still, all else is good - whispering Jack, miserable Chloe (now appropriately dressed as a goth which suits her permanently-pissed-off look perfectly) and good to see Heller and Audrey. Stephen Fry is definitely miscast, though. Maybe he was just keen to get in on a US drama like old pal Hugh Laurie.

Michelle Fairley plays a good villain but the girl who plays Simone is a bit wooden. And I may be in a minority but I think Yvonne Strahovski is fine in this (and quite hot).

Anyway, enough of my droning on (arf!). Looking forward to the rest and to picking out more of the usual daft plot holes. But that's why we love 24.

Oh, and I also agree that Day 5 was the best series. I remember saying on the Day 5 thread on here that the actor who played Logan should get an Emmy. Don't know if he ever did....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    So when do we get the much-publicised "hour jump"....so far it's just followed the normal format. Assumed it'd be an hour, I.e. From 4-5pm then 6-7pmbut up unless they get a wriggle on...
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We finally got a clear view of Miranda Raison this week, she might even get to speak in the next episode.