Options

24: Live Another Day [US Pace]

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Right now I'd be happy with Nina or George! It's 24, regeneration isn't just for dr who

Sadly I think these are completely beyond the realms of possibility. D: Tony's survival was believable.
  • Options
    jonparadisejonparadise Posts: 6,057
    Forum Member
    I've not doubt the time jump will be primarily overnight, purely as they can do away with having to film lots of night time scenes in London, which I'd guess is more expensive.

I have to say there were some very off goings on in Canary Wharf a few weeks ago, involving a helicopter with spotlight pointing at nothing on the ground...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Killer? Love predictive text!

Thanks for pointing that out :-P only just noticed.

I would like to add did anyone notice on this episode the "previously on 24" seemed very long the intro on previous seasons used to be very quick.
    Also I have no idea why they decided on Stephen Fry for the PM there are so many "well known" British actors who they could have got for the role he looks so out of place ray Winston or even David (the walking dead) Morrisey would have made a much better PM David was fantastic as the governor in TWD he has that "fishy" look about him
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F1etch wrote: »
    We don't know. It was a voice using a voice muffler or tea towel to disguise themselves.

I have to say, being British I was cursing the British government in this episode. Why can't people just let Jack get on with his business? I was cheering when Heller FINALLY come to this conclusion only for Fry to step up to the "let's interfere" mantle. Grrrrr

What Jack wants, Jack gets. Now just keep out his F**king way!!!!!!!

Presumably Fry hasn't seen the previous boxsets so he won't know that you just have to let Jack do his thing.
  • Options
    BigDaveXBigDaveX Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In fairness, Jack's also been screwed over by every American President on the show apart from the two Palmers. I guess it's the writers' way of showing that no matter which side of the pond you're on, our leaders are just as incompetent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigDaveX wrote: »
    In fairness, Jack's also been screwed over by every American President on the show apart from the two Palmers. I guess it's the writers' way of showing that no matter which side of the pond you're on, our leaders are just as incompetent.

Technically, I don't recall him being screwed over by Logan's predecessor.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    kate is so blooody fittttttttttttttt
    Flexible too, when she was hanging around this week.;-)
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    Indeed. I was having all kinds of naughty thoughts :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 367
    Forum Member
    CamCam wrote: »
    Sadly I think these are completely beyond the realms of possibility. D: Tony's survival was believable.

Since when have believeable survivals been needed? I quite like the idea of George being radioactive man, living in a cave in the canyon all these years....put it this way, would you rather he came back however ludicrous or KIM
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrBauer wrote: »
    As for this week's episode amazing sooooo 24 have to say the mystery voice navaro was speaking to could be 1 of the following
    1 Alex cross (leader of open cell) Michael Wincott is credited for 12 episodes
    2 James heller wouldn't be the first time the president had a few fingers in some dirty pies
    3 Tony Almeida a very long shot indeed he did what he did because of wife Michelle and his unborn son so I thing that rules him out
    4 and this is my firm favourite Charles Logan he is the dirtiest player in the game at the moment. So expect a return for Gregory itzn
    Logically it would be someone connected to the Chinese. Kate's husband was accused of selling secrets to the Chinese, and Navaro framed him for that, he was probably selling to them himself.

I completely disagree on your (2). Heller has always been a good guy. His being Audrey's father reinforces that. Albeit he's now portrayed as occasionally incompetent or undermined by his staff. For example, he didn't know that his drone strike killed civilians because his staff kept it from him; when he found out, he was genuinely concerned. Now he has his staff faking his signature on Jack's extradition order (and shouldn't the British have some say in that anyway, if he's on British soil?). And he has Alzheimer's. I reckon in a few episodes they'll claim he did sign that extradition order, and he'll be so befuddled he won't remember whether he did or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since when have believeable survivals been needed? I quite like the idea of George being radioactive man, living in a cave in the canyon all these years....put it this way, would you rather he came back however ludicrous or KIM

Never Kim. Please not Kim.

Did we ever find out Wayne Palmers ultimate fate? :D
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He died, but it was never directly addressed by anyone on screen iirc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CamCam wrote: »
    Never Kim. Please not Kim.

Did we ever find out Wayne Palmers ultimate fate? :D

The more I think about it, the more I think it will be Kim, not Tony, who comes back. We're all expecting more old faces and, if this run is to bring closure to Jacks story, it makes sense to have a reunion, happy or other, with his family. There was a hint in the first episode, when he was told she'd had another kid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And if Kim's in the UK she can't have a run in with a cougar, so maybe the Beast of Bodmin will show up in Ealing?
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god, just been confirmed that Kim is back in the next episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh god, just been confirmed that Kim is back in the next episode.

Really or are you just leading us down the wrong track, to make Tonys triumphant return even sweeter? Please
  • Options
    MarkynottsMarkynotts Posts: 5,255
    Forum Member
    A cracking episode this week. Jack doing his best Jack impression and lots of buildings exploding. The eventual attack is going to be something to see.

But one thing that really annoyed me was how weak Stephen Fry, sorry I mean the Prime Minister is. It seems to be that the American President just over rides everyone and we all bow down and do what he wants. A major terrorist incident on British soil and we are portrayed as having an incredibly pathetic Prime Minister who should always seek the guidance of the President (ok that could very well be true).

I am enjoying this series more than the previous.

It was also good to see those pesky Russians raising their heads again. The Russian just needed to twist the end of his moustache in a suitably evil way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    I'm going with Chloe's hacker "boss" whose name I've already forgotten.
    Good call, handsome stranger :cool:
  • Options
    Frankie BoyleFrankie Boyle Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    kate is so blooody fittttttttttttttt

I watched the quite awful "Chuck" simply because of Yvonne Strahotski.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the quite awful "Chuck" simply because of Yvonne Strahotski.

Aww come on, Chuck had its good moments.
  • Options
    BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    That was a riot of an episode. The 'Game of Drones' in London's traffic was one of the best sequences this show has ever done.

Even better - Simone bragging that "mummy won't kill me!" during the hospital evacuation. Jack's response? He dumps her like a sack of potatoes and walks off! :D....Ok, she calls him back but I loved his initial 'OK, I'm done here!' response.
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really or are you just leading us down the wrong track, to make Tonys triumphant return even sweeter? Please

Sorry, I was joking but forgot to come back and post to say it was a joke :D

Fingers crossed she's not back!
  • Options
    Alex_B1Alex_B1 Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    Markynotts wrote: »
    It was also good to see those pesky Russians raising their heads again. The Russian just needed to twist the end of his moustache in a suitably evil way.
    He has one of the strangest looking facial hairs I've seen, what kind of beard/goatee is that?

Really enjoyable episode. (Not sure if it is right to say London getting blasted by missiles is enjoyable, but damn it, it was exciting.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigFoot87 wrote: »
    That was a riot of an episode. The 'Game of Drones' in London's traffic was one of the best sequences this show has ever done.

Even better - Simone bragging that "mummy won't kill me!" during the hospital evacuation. Jack's response? He dumps her like a sack of potatoes and walks off! :D....Ok, she calls him back but I loved his initial 'OK, I'm done here!' response.
    Yes Jack has an enjoyable extra bit of edge about him this time. I loved his gutteral "I hate these people" :D
  • Options
    Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the drone fired the rockets wouldn't air surveillance/radar/the RAF etc been able to track the approximate trajectory of the missiles? What I mean is - if the hospital is in central london wouldn't someone be able to look on a radar screen and say "holy ****! Missile strike from the north (or whatever direction the drone was coming in from!). "

Basically, what I'm saying in a ponderous kinda way is... wouldn't MI5/CIA and all the other people have a rough idea where that drone was in the sky? Even if it's protected by cloud cover or whatever the technical terms is, they could track the rough location from the direction of the missiles?