• Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shortbus
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    I'm sure Bride of Chucky has been seen on Channel 4 at one point...

Also:

The Lion King
    Friday the 13th

I don't think I have ever seen The Lion King on TV also Jungle Book the carton one.
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Friday 13th has never been on. Wonder why?

I Spit On Your Grave

The Evil Dead - too gruesome maybe?

Snow White And The Seven Dwarves.

In fact lots of Disney originals have never been on.
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Hellraiser ever been on terrestrial?
  • Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My point was they have never been shown on terrestrial TV.
    (The 5 main channels)

So, what you mean is that you have no idea what the term "terrestrial TV" actually means?

Terrestrial TV is television broadcast via TV aerial - as opposed to via satellite or cable. FilmFour and ITV4 are both terrestrial channels.

What you really meant is they have never been shown on analogue TV? Well, as analogue TV is about to be switched off for good, there's a lot more films that will never be shown on analogue TV either.
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I Spit On Your Grave

In fact lots of Disney originals have never been on

That's a good point. I wonder why not.

I remember seeing Dumbo ages ago, but nothing of the originals since.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a good point. I wonder why not.

I remember seeing Dumbo ages ago, but nothing of the originals since.

Dumbo , Pinocchio , Alice in Wonderland , were all on in the 80s and 90s . not sure about recently .

Disney are smart , they know parents want all their films for the kids so they limit the screenings and their copy protection on dvds seems to be very up to date .
  • RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Parts six and eight were shown on BBC1 in 1992 (cut to shreds of course). Jason X and a couple of the 90s/00s ones have been on Channel 4.

Channel 4 ran a couple of seasons of British horror films in 1992 which have only ever been on terrestrial once, and I don't think have ever been on Sky. These include Paperhouse, Dream Demon, The Doctor And The Devils, and Ken Russell's Lair Of The White Worm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember Channel 4 showing the first 2 about 10years ago. The first 3 are shown all the time on The Horror Channel .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I Spit On Your Grave

'I spit on your Grave' :D C'mooon that'll never be shown. The 'Bathroom' scene still makes me cringe when I think about it.
  • Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J6ngo1977 wrote: »
    'I spit on your Grave' :D C'mooon that'll never be shown. The 'Bathroom' scene still makes me cringe when I think about it.

The original has been shown on The Horror Channel a few times. And I imagine that the remake will be shown on FilmFour in the not-too-distant future,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Some of the 80s John Hughes movies. (not Ferris Bueller & Uncle Buck coz they're always shown on tv) I've never seen Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles or Pretty In Pink on tv. Its always the 90s movies like Home Alone series, Curly Sue and Miracle on 34th Street
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    child's play has (i believe)
    mulholland drive has
    night of the comet has had several showing, i taped the first showing of it on BBC2, but not for quite a while though
    phantasm was shown on channel4
    shortbus has NOT been
    lion kong has NOT been
    friday 13th has
    ISoyG has NOT been
    evil dead has been on about four or five times
    hellraiser, shown on channel4

and the john hughes movies mentioned have been as well
  • porkpieporkpie Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    balthasar wrote: »
    Would a film like Salo ever get a airing on UK television.

There must be a rule of thumb?.

Salo is now uncut at 18 so I would expect a screening at some point although unlikely to be anywhere except C4 or Film 4 .
    Has Phantasm ever been shown on TV?

Several times on BBC1

The major Disney cartoons like Snow White never get shown on network tv .
    The closest we've got of the time sensitive films that get withdrawn periodically was Pinnochio on ITV .
    Some of the others get shown by the Disney pay channels but the real classics like Snow White , Bambi etc never appear.
    The Lion King has been seen on BBC but only once IIRC.
    Dumbo , Alice In Wonderland and Robin Hood are not part of Disneys crown jewels and they appear on network tv and the commercial releases don't get deleted like the special ones.

J6ngo1977 wrote: »

The Horror Channel has shown the original but it would have been the BBFC cut with numerous bits missing although the bathroom castration is not one of the cuts.
    Its been recertificated with less cuts than before and the remake was also cut which is why I had to buy US Blurays of both to get them uncut.
    Some of the 80s John Hughes movies. (not Ferris Bueller & Uncle Buck coz they're always shown on tv) I've never seen Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles or Pretty In Pink on tv. Its always the 90s movies like Home Alone series, Curly Sue and Miracle on 34th Street

I've lost count of the number of times the BBC have shown The Breakfast Club and its already been on this year or late last year.
    Sixteen Candles has been on but not that often -same goes for Pretty In Pink which I saw on BBC1 in the last few years.
  • MobolocoMoboloco Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep, I remember watching it when I was about 8 years old and on a sleep over at a friends. I didn't sleep for days afterwards.
  • ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, what you mean is that you have no idea what the term "terrestrial TV" actually means?

Terrestrial TV is television broadcast via TV aerial - as opposed to via satellite or cable. FilmFour and ITV4 are both terrestrial channels.

What you really meant is they have never been shown on analogue TV? Well, as analogue TV is about to be switched off for good, there's a lot more films that will never be shown on analogue TV either.

You knew exactly what I meant. Pedant. :rolleyes:

It's depressing how many self imposed teachers, pedants, leet dicks and trolls there are on Digital Spy. It doesn't say much for the human race being nice, balanced people. There's always one, who comes into a thread, tries to make it all formal and belittle someone else. Or maybe it's just the same few saddo's with multiple accounts.

There. You have brought down the tone of the thread. Are you happy? :rolleyes:

Everyone has always called the 5 main channels terrestrial TV. You know it.

If you have any friends in the real world, I suggest you relax, and learn the art of informal conversation before you push them all away.

You have been added to my ignore list. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lion King has never been televised

The hurt locker and richard kelly's film the box have never been televised.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sepmix wrote: »

The hurt locker and richard kelly's film the box have never been televised.

Way too early for them to be on terrestial tv yet . It takes about 3 years from cinema release to reach terrestial tv.
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    Hellraiser was shown on Channel Four on Christmas Day 2001 :eek::D. Candyman, another Barker story, hasn't been on free TV in at least 5 years. In saying that, I haven't seen it on paywall neither.

When was the last time those Ewoks movies popped up on TV?

A long time since these 80's movies were shown on any non-paywall channels: Return to Oz, Howard the Duck, The Dark Crystal, Cujo, Mac and Me, Solarbabies, Friday the 13th 1- 8, The Boy Who Could Fly and Willow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Cube has ever been shown on the 5 main channels.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I Spit On Your Grave

The Evil Dead 1 or 2 (possibly both) were shown on channel 4's Zombie Weekend in 1999, along with Zombie Flesh Eaters.:cool: This was back when channel 4 was cool.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hurt Locker and The Box have both been on the Sky movie channels, IIRC. They could turn up on terrestrial/freeview TV any time soon. Orphan, The Lovely Bones and The Men Who Stare At Goats were all in cinemas around the same time as The Hurt Locker and The Box and they've been on terrestrial TV.

I'm sure The Lion King has been on TV, on Disney Cinemagic I think.

I'm not sure if Freddy Got Fingered has ever been on TV, if not I'd understand why:D
  • JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    This thread reminded me of Problem Child, I actually haven't seen that on television...well, ever. I'm guessing it has aired at one point, but it makes me sad it's not around more often, yet films like Rambo are repeated about 300 times every year, night in, night out (great film, but that doesn't mean it needs to be shown so much).
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hawks and The Boy Who Could Fly haven't been shown for ages.
  • Moll FlandersMoll Flanders Posts: 1,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tootsie is consistently voted one of the funniest films ever, but I can't remember when it was last on TV.