Options

Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 (9)

Comments

• Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »
    It is only zombies Nuketown that is exclusive to the special editions.
    You can bet that'll only be a limited time exclusive. Give the game 3 - 6 months and the exclusive map(s) will be up for download by everyone.
  • Options
    jason81jason81 Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Not too bothered by Nuketown. It will more than likely end up in one of the Map Packs anyway.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I will probably wait a month or so and see what issues arise before buying bops2. No point having a nice new game if it plays like a steaming turd.
  • Options
    Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if anyone seen David Vonderhaart (sp?) tweets, but in Black Ops 2 you can't knife turrets anymore.

I can't decide if that was a good or bad move. Either way, roll on November, can't wait.
  • Options
    AkimboGeordieAkimboGeordie Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I don't know if anyone seen David Vonderhaart (sp?) tweets, but in Black Ops 2 you can't knife turrets anymore.

I can't decide if that was a good or bad move. Either way, roll on November, can't wait.

You can disable with flash first matey... or Emp apparently then knife.
  • Options
    Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have not been following the thread much but have they said anything about season? to get all the dlc just like with mw3? looking to pre order
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only that Hardened and Care Package versions do not come with Elite and that that will make sense when they talk about Elite, which is meant to be this month some time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If any of you are going to Eurogamer Expo then you may be interested to know David Vonderhaar will be there.

Better hope he doesn't bring Major Nelson along with him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I was going to Pre order it. If elite does not come with hardened edition will be disappointed
  • Options
    sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know when we will be geting any info on zombies?
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    If any of you are going to Eurogamer Expo then you may be interested to know David Vonderhaar will be there.

Better hope he doesn't bring Major Nelson along with him.

Poor Larry, he really is the marmite of the gaming world! Love him personally. :D
    Jay-Cee wrote: »
    And I was going to Pre order it. If elite does not come with hardened edition will be disappointed

Bit of a juxtaposition from this year's edition where everyone who actually got it was wildly disappointed! :D
    sparky07 wrote: »
    Anyone know when we will be geting any info on zombies?

Another couple of weeks I'd have thought. It's always the last element of the game to be revealed and we've already had the SP and MP reveals for BlOps2 now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol but its better it comes with it than does not come with it if you get me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Having just seen what is in the Hardened Edition this year i'm definitely just sticking with the regular edition pre-order (£35 from Amazon). It's all superfluous crap (with the possible exception of the OST) and is definitely not worth the extra £25-£30. I fully expect Elite subscriptions to take a nosedive if they aren't including it with the HE.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jay-Cee wrote: »
    lol but its better it comes with it than does not come with it if you get me.

To be honest, I think it's better that Elite doesn't come with the game. They've got a lot of hearts and minds to win over after this year's disastrous Elite. I for one will be waiting to see how it's working before I get it again. To be honest, the only benefit of getting it this year was to get the DLC free throughout the year, but to be honest, I hated the vast majority of the DLC anyway. Couldn't stand the MP maps, and the 2 player game mode just p1sses me off as well. Only decent thing really was the spec ops stuff.
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Having just seen what is in the Hardened Edition this year i'm definitely just sticking with the regular edition pre-order (£35 from Amazon). It's all superfluous crap (with the possible exception of the OST) and is definitely not worth the extra £25-£30. I fully expect Elite subscriptions to take a nosedive if they aren't including it with the HE.

Be careful with the OST - they did that with BlOps and you got the Zombie soundtrack - Naively I expected a disc, nope, you got a code and had to download it for yourself. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Be careful with the OST - they did that with BlOps and you got the Zombie soundtrack - Naively I expected a disc, nope, you got a code and had to download it for yourself. :rolleyes:
    Did the code some in a case? As in the unboxing video they did the soundtrack was in a case. They didn't open that case, however.
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Trent Reznor soundtrack is the best thing this game has going for it, for me, atm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Did the code some in a case? As in the unboxing video they did the soundtrack was in a case. They didn't open that case, however.

From memory, it was a bit of a paper chase. Don't think you actually got anything in the box. You had to visit a website to get a code, and then go to callofduty.com to redeem it by using the code and your GT.

The fact that there's a box is a little more promising I guess - although knowing Activision that box will probably include a one-page leaflet with a code on it! :D

Edit: I think I'm having a memory fail on this - just had a quick look and apparently the zombies OST came as a freebie with the Rezurrection DLC. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    The Trent Reznor soundtrack is the best thing this game has going for it, for me, atm.
    He only did the theme song.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Spec Ops is the only thing this game has going for it IMO.

To be fair, the SP wasn't bad either, certainly passable.

It's just MP that's been a colossal fookup.
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He only did the theme song.

I'm actually glad about that. As a fan of his stuff, i'd prefer one solid new track rather than a half arsed entire OST.

That one song is still the best thing going for it. I base this on how atrocious Black Ops was/is.

I hope it's a good game, obviously, but i'm going in this time expecting sheer disappointment. It's the only way you can be with Camp Of Duty these days.

That first week with everyone running about like mad will probably be fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    That first week with everyone running about like mad will probably be fun.

Don't forget the Christmas Day noob-slaying. That's fun too......:D
  • Options
    Tiggeraspi123Tiggeraspi123 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    Don't forget the Christmas Day noob-slaying. That's fun too......:D

Damn you, was gonna wait and get it considerably cheaper but the idea of that and on christmas day, makes it impossibly irresistable! All the christmas related curses...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Damn you, was gonna wait and get it considerably cheaper but the idea of that and on christmas day, makes it impossibly irresistable! All the christmas related curses...

Wahahahahahahahaha! ;)
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dont think i can take any more COD

really cant
  • Options
    Tiggeraspi123Tiggeraspi123 Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    Wahahahahahahahaha! ;)