1235»

Comments

• JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    'lucky 'eather, dearie, be lucky'
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had another strange one today. I was walking down the street and an old lady was walking up the street on the other side. She kept shouting "Hello Gladys" and waving. I assumed it was to someone else who was not that far behind me. Then she suddenly crossed over the road, rushed up to me, looked up into my face, and said "Oh, you're not Gladys are you?", I just said, "No I'm afraid I'm not" and walked on grinning. :D
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was walking into town a few weeks ago and a Polish guy stopped me as I walked past him and he said 'Excuse me, you're really pretty'. Totally stumped I just pulled a nervous smile, said 'Thanks' and gave him a thumbs up. I reckon it was down to being October and I was wearing a summer dress which wasn't very modest of me. It was still very nice of him though. :)
  • nobodyherenobodyhere Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »
    I usually just sit at my desk for lunch, but I had to walk to the bank or suchlike one lunchtime last year.

I crossed at the traffic lights and was walking past the queue of traffic when a young bloke in a works van leaned out and said to me "Excuse me, mate. You've got something sticking to the sole of your shoe."

As I lifted my shoe and looked down over my shoulder to check the sole, he followed up with an "Ooooh, ducky!" in a really camp voice and then drove off laughing with his workmates!

It was only at that moment did I realise my camp posture!

+1 for making me laugh (a feat in itself!) had a long day
  • The DoveThe Dove Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you wearing that mask?

Other times it's smiles and words of encouragement that we're doing a good job or random memes :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was a teenager an old man once shouted "you young people are ruining this country" at me. For no apparent reason.
  • wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    last december i was at the bus stop at 5pm alone after work and some chav/scally come by, flashes his winky and asks 'fancy sucking this for me?!' and walked off. i just froze to the spot, didnt say a word, he was about 20 looked rough and nasty :/ really shook me up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carrying a double mattress from the bed shop to my old flat: a woman said as we passed 'And the Lord said, pick up thy beds and walk'. :confused::p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to get upset and offended when I was young. I now think 'Say what you wish in abuse of me, for my silence towards the idiot is indeed an answer. I am not at a loss for a response but rather, It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs.'
  • Rugby manRugby man Posts: 10,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I'm not exactly great in social situations, I'm not sure how to react in any of these situations, so I guess not responding is the best response.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    When I was a teenager an old man once shouted "you young people are ruining this country" at me. For no apparent reason.

I got walloped with a walking stick whilst someone shouted similar at us when we were kids.
  • LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was once walking to my car after work when some boy racers in a tatty old Renault or such like shouted to me - "where did you buy those sh#tkickers grandad"?

I think they were referring to my shoes.
  • crunchienutcrunchienut Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carrying a double mattress from the bed shop to my old flat: a woman said as we passed 'And the Lord said, pick up thy beds and walk'. :confused::p

hahahahahahahaha!

Someone once practically yelled at me from the other side of (a crowded) isle in a shopping center
    'suck is off', to which i replied speedily that i choke on small things.
    I was chuffed for the rest of the day that i had a come back so quickly.
  • LnMidnaLnMidna Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was treated to a running commentary on my legs a few weeks ago. They were "appreciating" their thickness. I had to visit urbandictionary to find out what they meant :o
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some lad (special needs) shouted that I was a 'bighead' the other day, also recently a rather obese gothic looking girl shouted to me at random 'I bet you think you're hard' when I was at the pub with my mate.