xbox one and windows 10

shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
Forum Member
✭✭✭
so game streaming so you can play on other devices surface tablet and pc. also cross play with pc seems a good idea

Comments

• gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    so game streaming so you can play on other devices surface tablet and pc. also cross play with pc seems a good idea

Maybe driving and platform games but I wouldn't fancy a console player doing to well on a FPS game against a PC player.
  • shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah very true :D maybe co-op then would be better
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm hoping 3rd party games in future do Cross-Play, love to play FIFA with my brother who owns an xbox when i'm on PC. Not sure how viable that is though.

Also there will be more news about Windows 10 on Xbox One at GDC in March.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gds1972 wrote: »
    Maybe driving and platform games but I wouldn't fancy a console player doing to well on a FPS game against a PC player.

There is nothing to stop XB1 having K/B & Mouse support or cross-play servers restricting PC players to playing on a controller.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SO... With Windows 10, I will be able to play XBO games through my Surface Pro 3? :D
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    SO... With Windows 10, I will be able to play XBO games through my Surface Pro 3? :D

Yes. Only over your home network though. Limited compared to Sony's go-anywhere Remote Play perhaps, but the advantage is they can aim for a 1080p/60 stream without worrying about player's Internet speed.

MS are also investigating streaming PC games back to an Xbox One. They are certainly trying to cover all the bases.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering I'm in both beta programs (X1 & Win10) this streaming function can't come soon enough! :cool: but how do I connect my X1 pad to my pc? :blush:
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Considering I'm in both beta programs (X1 & Win10) this streaming function can't come soon enough! :cool: but how do I connect my X1 pad to my pc? :blush:

You need to use a Micro USB cable. I use my charge cable for the controller.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You need to use a Micro USB cable. I use my charge cable for the controller.

Could I not sync wirelessly? :D .... granted I'll obviously use the cable if there's no other way! ;-)
  • shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    directX 12 might have the biggest impact on the xbox one