Comments

• sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really can't see it, can you discuss?:D
  • Cameron KMcEwanCameron KMcEwan Posts: 1,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a new interior, which we'll see in THE SNOWMEN.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A three-tiered circular ceiling piece, presumably the top of the rotor, decorated with gallifreyan circulars and lights. It's pale in colour, the background is dark. Feels very 'classic' interior already!
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,938
    Forum Member
    What again? I wish they wouldn't mess with the interior all the time.
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's gonna be a new TARDIS interior! Posted a pic here:

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/sneak-peak-new-tardis.html

Love it! A tribute to Copernicus? :eek: :o:D
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Hartnell's time rotor went to the ceiling, this would be the top of it.
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    Wow a new tardis interior too! They really should have just called series 7b series 8. Silly BBC.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a new interior, which we'll see in THE SNOWMEN.
    :D I will look forward to that.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank the gods they've changed it! I've never liked the 11th Doctor Tardis interior. The RTD-era one was much simpler and extremely effective. The new one is too cluttered and they've never seemed to have known how to shoot it to make it look good!
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always preferred elevens tardis to the RTD one. It felt like more of a proper 360 degree space and we got to see it from various interesting angles. The RTD one seemed to mostly only ever be filmed from the same old front on view which made it seem very much like the set it was. I also enjoyed the junkyardy feel of elevens- the various bits and bobs of bric a brac really fitted with this incarnation. But do I mind a change? Not at all. A new era, new stories and why not a new Tardis? Let the other one forever be the one the Ponds travelled in. I love the (admittedly small) snapshot. These are exciting times as ever in DWi a new companion, a new Tardis...who knows what else as we go hurtling into the 50Th aniversary? For some reason I think we need to cherish Matts performances more than ever as it definitely feels like we are closer to the end for his Doctor than the beginning. Just wild specualtion of course but...
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Is it a complete change or just some additions to the set?
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listentome wrote: »
    Is it a complete change or just some additions to the set?

While the released photo only shows the top of the Console it's clear the whole Console room has been changed.

It's probably meant to be the default desk top theme as seen in the Classic series, I'm guessing the Doctor just switched off the function as the glass floor remined him too much of Amy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Hmmmmm

Can't help but think maybe the money would have been better spent elsewhere? More location filming perhaps. Was nothing really wrong with 11's internals.

Also this means I need *another* TARDIS play set assuming they make one :)
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course they will its probably part if the reason they've changed it
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps more austere, less bonkers, more distant and alien ... reflecting a change in the Doctor's personality?
  • FacepalmerFacepalmer Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    I wonder how much time has passed for the Doctor since the Ponds departure. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hm, I was actually quite happy with the latest one, it seems a bit soon to change it again. Also, I can't help but feel that the Gallifreyan symbols look a bit tacky, but it might look good in its entirety.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    The TARDIS set was based a big steel frame that was part of Torchwood Hub set. They've moved the TARDIS set recently so perhaps they couldn't dismantle and reassemble it as easily as the 9th/10th Doctor TARDIS set.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No! :eek:
    I really liked the old TARDIS interior. :(
    I'm going to be miss it.

Oh well, I'm sure I'll get used to the new one eventually.
    Anyway, the BBC website have now reported the change so it's definitely true: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/New-Look-TARDIS-Materialises-at-Christmas
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with those saying it's too soon. I liked 11's first set, they'd put a lot of effort (and money) into it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    They are changing it far too often. Altering it to coincide with a new Doctor is quite enough; they really don't need to come up with a different design just because there is going to be a new companion.
  • VabosityVabosity Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are perhaps changing it far too soon as far as the viewers are concerned, but from the Doctor's point of view he's had to endure this Tardis interior for more than 200 years, so he's probably a bit fed up with it now and fancies a change.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Also makes the Doctor Who Experience TARDIS "ride" a bit out of date now too.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    The Eccleston/Tennant console room felt like a spaceship in a police box. The Smith console room just felt like a big room behind a door...it was never quite as impressive to me, and felt a bit lacking for some reason.

Aside from that, we've only seen two changes since 2005 - one in 2010 and then another which probably won't come into full effect until 2013. It's a good run for the current design, especially given that 200 years have passed for The Doctor.

Hopefully this new one will reflect Smith's gothic-y, steampunk Doctor a bit more. The previous design was basically the evolution of Amy Pond's Garden Shed :p