EastEnders - Monday 19th November 2012 @8pm - Joey and Lauren give into temptation...

1161718192022»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But even Tanya by going in as unknown is thinking of her own-self-interest - seeing what kind of person Ava is, and whether she wants to get to know her or not. As lotty says, Tanya should write a letter to Ava an introduce herself. Curiousity is a natural human reaction - but a lot of Tanya's choices, aren't.

It would also give Ava the chance to decide whether or not she wants to meet her utterly vile set of long-lost relatives. If only we could warn her to stay away...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    It would also give Ava the chance to decide whether or not she wants to meet her utterly vile set of long-lost relatives. If only we could warn her to stay away...

Exactly - Ava at least deserves the chance to look up the Brannings on google and find out about them - fair's fair Tanya!:D Ava could go on DS - we'd be quite informative!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly - Ava at least deserves the chance to look up the Brannings on google and find out about them - fair's fair Tanya!:D Ava could go on DS - we'd be quite informative!:D

I'd pay to see her shout "oh, look it's Saint Tanya and Queen Cora!" sarcastically at them when they all meet :D She could also confront a cofused Sharon with a "you're not my sister!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    I'd pay to see her shout "oh, look it's Saint Tanya and Queen Cora!" sarcastically at them when they all meet :D

I'd pay to see Tanya's face when she said it:D
  • LousianaLousiana Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we sometimes forget that our outlook as viewers is different to how the characters see things.

It's easy for us as viewers to be objective and say this is what a character should do and this is how they should handle it but we're not putting ourselves in that situation. In this case we also know something Tanya doesn't, that Ava is mixed-race, in fact it is often the case that we know more than the characters.

PP I must've missed a spoiler, as I haven't seen it said anywhere that Tanya is going to check Ava out to decide whether or not she wants to get to know her, unless that's just your interpretation of things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lousiana wrote: »
    I think we sometimes forget that our outlook as viewers is different to how the characters see things.

It's easy for us as viewers to be objective and say this is what a character should do and this is how they should handle it but we're not putting ourselves in that situation. In this case we also know something Tanya doesn't, that Ava is mixed-race, in fact it is often the case that we know more than the characters.

PP I must've missed a spoiler, as I haven't seen it said anywhere that Tanya is going to check Ava out to decide whether or not she wants to get to know her, unless that's just your interpretation of things.
    It's my POV - I read the spoilers you referenced about a week ago.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Tanya was on DS Last night :D
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just watched Monday episode and cringed at Derek line "it's not illegal" I felt this was really lazy writing and a bit of a nod and wink to the audience "just remember, it's not illegal....we not sick with some odd sexual fantasies, it's moral wrong but you can't go to prison, we win...."

I love Phil's laugh :D

Lauren get off your arse and get a job!!
  • Lion_60Lion_60 Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Poppy should go away. I don't like her. And she should take Lola with her.

Cora was right was she said to Tanya. But Tanya moves on. :( And Derek is an idiot.