Options

GTA4 - AWP trophy - some questions on getting this trophy

CoolWestiesCoolWesties Posts: 211
Forum Member
i am still progressing through the game but at somepoint if i want to get the platinum i'll need to get the MP trophies. by far the hardest one looks like to be AWP. so i thought i ask some questions about this..

1. i've been searching around for checklists and found this, is this the official list or is there any missing from it, i might use this as my tracker:

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv62/ILikeChurros/GTA/GTA%20Misc/Checklist.png

2. if thats right, do i need to win both 'gta race' and 'race'? whats the difference between 'gta race' and 'race'? is the latter multiplayer and the 'gta race' is played within the single player campaign?

3. for MP races, can i host races, and if so whats the minimum number of opponents i can have? is it safe to have just one opponent in the multiplayer to do the races? must we both finish the race for it to be count as a win? if i finish the race but the other people exits, does it still count or not? i think if theres too many opponents some will always exist during the race. whats the safest method?

4. is there an existing thread in looking for a boosting partner or can i make a new thread?

5. for cops n crooks and the first set of modes listed in that picture linked above, can i also have just one other player in the multiplayer so that it can be completed or must there be more than one? again the same potential problem might happen if someone exits or gets killed in the game but everyone else meets the objectives, will that be counted as a win or a loss?

6. i was told its only possible to track this via pen and paper now and not on the game menu due to some server issue, is this true?

7. whats the best way to avoid the 'glitch' for this trophy? should i complete each race/challenge and upon completion, wait until 'winner' or 'mission complete' shows up so i know its recorded as a win? should i leave the console on nonstop and do all these missions or can i do, say, 3 or 4 per day and switch the console off tomorrow (i work during the day and noone else will be here so the console autoshuts)? is it a good idea to leave one outstanding challenge last and do this on the next day, so that when i pass it the trophy will come up?

i hope theres no trophy in gta5 thats as outrageously hard as this one!
thanks

Comments

• Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It been over 4 years since I got the platinum trophy on GTA4 but as I remember that check list looks like the one I used.

I played the whole thing with my friend so I the vast majority of the wins can be achieved with just 2 people.

Races and GTA races are both online, Races dont have weapons GTA races do have weapons. You need to have a win for both the Race and GTA race versions of a track. Races only require 2 players, as we were playing together we would race properly up until the last check point and then take it in turns winning, we would both make sure both of us managed to finish the races (I am not sure if its required but we thought it seemed best to do it that way).

Some of the team modes require 4 people minimum and I am fairly certain the round has to end properly not through people dropping out. GTA4 was fairly busy when I got my Platinum so that wasn't much of a problem then so cant really answer you conclusively though.

For a boosting partner I would head over to http://www.playstationtrophies.org/index.php and sign up to their forum, you are far more likely to find a boosting partner there and probably better information on the state of the servers ect as they stand today.

None of the trophies in GTA5 are anywhere near as time consuming as the AWP and Wanted trophy in GTA4. While the level 100 trophy can be a bit of a grind there are so many more ways of earning XP to level up you wont end up stuck grinding out one mission like NOOSE on GTA4.
  • Options
    CoolWestiesCoolWesties Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    is it true you have to do all this in one sitting??? all 119 games to get this trophy? thats physically impossible to do so. i go to work too!
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is it true you have to do all this in one sitting??? all 119 games to get this trophy? thats physically impossible to do so. i go to work too!

You didn't have to do it in one sitting when I got my trophy. But that was over 4 years ago so I don't know if things have changed.