what is the Dartford crossing fine ?

13»

Comments

• zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quote from warning letter....

our records show that we have not received full valid payment of the road user charge for this crossing, for this reason and in accordance with the charging scheme order you have been served with the enclosed penalty charge notice pnce £73.00 this amount includes user charge that is owed £3.00

we recognise the new dart charge scheme and associated charges may be unfamiliar to you, therefore if you pay the outstanding £3.00 road user charge online or through our contact centre within 14 days of the date of service the enclosed PCN will be cancelled,
    if not the full penalty charge of £70 plus the outstanding road user charge will then be payable.

unquote.... he paid the £3.00 tonight...
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's good. They obviously allowed for people being unfamiliar with the changes. Shame the rental company weren't as understanding.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's good that at least some OPs come back to a thread and update people.

Handy outcome for you (and son).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    That's good. They obviously allowed for people being unfamiliar with the changes. Shame the rental company weren't as understanding.

they want all the cash they can collect... to write out and send i letter via second class stamp is very expensive...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    It's good that at least some OPs come back to a thread and update people.

Handy outcome for you (and son).

thanks tea lady...
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £3, A good result
  • c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lastest news update.. son came around saying fine has arrived this morning, fine was £35 to be paid within 14 days or is goes up to £70. then £105.. i got him to phone up the company in leeds. only to find out the fine is wrong...... the fine is now wait for it ......... £3.00 he just paid it and is happy.....phwwww

That is good news. As I said when the new toll system came in the fine was equal to the charge. I thought they had ended that option back in December but looks like they have offered it to you as the 'offence' took place during that initial period.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/news/extra-chance-for-dart-charge-28245/
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice result:D
    I used the crossing at christmas. Not being a mobile phone user and doubting I could find somewhere open to pay within 24 hours (what with it being xmas!) I decided to pay upfront. What a palaver trying to find somewhere in Nottingham to pay it! When I finally did I had to talk the shop keeper through the payment as he'd not done one before!
    If I'd known I'dve saved my time and paid the £3 fine;-)
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well according to the BBC news today there are still 56,408 penalty charges remaining unpaid from December. So I guess we can reduce that by one now. :D

Also 18,716 cases from the first month of the cashless system had been passed to a European debt recovery agency to try to recover from foreign drivers. Good luck with that.