Options

Deal or No Deal (No Spoilers — Part 21)

Comments

• Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably one of the most ANNOYING players I have ever seen on this show! >:(
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 218,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stan Marsh wrote: »
    And Richie what happened to the colours of the money? I liked that

They'll be back

Not enough time to get the colours done when I'm doing commentary on two sites, when I am doing solo commentary on here again they will be back
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    No wonder nobodies watching this anymore , same patter, never seen so much money in my life! Neither have I, it's all in the bank !!
    Hope it's a blue !!! Omg. Can't stand it, wish my mum wouldn't watch, gonna miss you so much, you're the best person I've met in my life !!
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sheikh, what a big bag of hot air this player today was.

Full of contradictions is the kindest thing to say about the man. At one point he said he was going away with £200,000 which insinuated he was going to win the £100,000 and gamble it on box 23 and double it. Big words, big mouth. Yet at the same time we kept hearing him tell us that he hadn't seen 9K or he hadn't seen 14K ever in his life. His whole bluster was not remotely convincing. After all the big words he tamely leaves at £14,000 but could have ended up with more than twice the amount. At box 23, a box he reckoned he would buy for £100,000 at one point in the game, he wasn't even remotely interested in going for it at just 14% of that figure. I was pleased it was double in the end. Could anybody make any sense of this rather confusing player.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KID PICTURE ALERT! >:(

Do these contestants ever learn?!
  • Options
    catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Just wAtching this again for the first time in years........what on earth is going on with Noel's beard ? It looks like it has a life of its own.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from the £75,000 that was a good start. I'd offer £10,000 but he'll probably offer some 4 figure crap like £7,000 which I'll predict.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Box 1 - Lee - £10,000
    Box 5 - Christine - 1p :D
    Box 3 - Jules - £5
    Box 12 - Anthony - £75,000
    Box 20 - Sophie - £750

Yvonne's prediction - £7,750
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £6,500?! >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opening offer - £6,500

NO DEAL

Offer button is not in play
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have got to be kidding me. A CONGA LINE?! This show is going so far downhill! >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Box 19 - Shelly - £50,000

Jan is today's pilgrim of the day

Noel gets Yvonne and Jan and the players to do the conga :confused:

Box 10 - Jack - £500
    Box 18 - Betty - £15,000

2nd offer - £5,000

NO DEAL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Box 4 - Carmen - £20,000
    Box 6 - Steve - £1
    Box 13 - Yomi - £5,000

3rd offer - £9,000

NO DEAL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Box 9 - Angus (newbie) - £50
    Box 14 - Margaret - £3,000
    Box 16 - Laura - 50p

2nd chance to get the offer button - DEAL

Banker gets to look inside the box if she gets the prediction wrong this time

Yvonne's prediction - £13,000
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very bad prediction! The board is worth far more than that!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4th offer - £17,000

The banker can look in the box and along comes Miss Payment to collect the box

DEAL

The offer button is not in play for a second time today
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another player goes and BOTTLES it! >:(
  • Options
    Stan MarshStan Marsh Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    If players believe they got 250k etc just go for it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Box 15 - Mick - £10
    Box 8 - Brian - 10p
    Box 11 - Maz - £250

5th offer would have been £45,000

Box 17 - Sam - £35,000
    Box 7 - Gloria - £100,000
    Box 2 - Maurice - £1,000

£100 and £250,000 left in the game

The banker is laughing down the phone

Closing offer would have been £65,000

Hypothetical swap is not taken

Box 21 - £250,000
    Box 22 - Ken - £100

She 'knew it' apparently

Box 23 - NO DEAL
    Contents - HALF
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just love the way everyone celebrates HALF despite the fact that she missed out on £233,000! *roll eyes*
  • Options
    bscbabscba Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    I just love the way everyone celebrates HALF despite the fact that she missed out on £233,000! *roll eyes*

I doubt whether many on this forum are old enough to remember the old Frank Sinatra song "High Hopes", but for anyone that is:

"Whoops, there goes another two-fifty grand!" >:(>:(
  • Options
    SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She would almost certainly never have won the £250K. I am quite sure had she gone one more round she would have taken the £45K. The celebration after the £17K deal told you that. If she was prepared to deal for that with the top two (and the £35K) still there,I doubt she would have turned down nearly three times that at the next offer.

Often these early deal celebrations are premature,as we saw today. Similar to when a player no deals late in the game and then opens the first box and it's a blue. Some of the players go wild with all their "COME ON!" shouting. They seem to forget there are still two boxes to go before they will get the next offer. So often the game comes crashing down in those two boxes - and then all the jumping around and hollering after the first box looks a bit silly.

She said she thought she might have been the first half million pound winner. To do that,of course,she would have had to go all the way,win the £250K,and then risk it all on Box23.

What actually happened was that she dealt at eight boxes for £17K - and refused Box23.

So a bit different,then.
  • Options
    SarahsaurusSarahsaurus Posts: 3,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bscba wrote: »
    I doubt whether many on this forum are old enough to remember the old Frank Sinatra song "High Hopes", but for anyone that is:

"Whoops, there goes another two-fifty grand!" >:(>:(

Well,not quite,only two thirty three grand.:D

Actually the message of the song is that if you have a positive outlook and keep trying at something difficult,you might eventually succeed. The ant does after all end up moving the rubber tree plant. Somehow.

I think a lot of players on DOND have high hopes of winning the £250K. Probably every single person who has gone on the show has thought,"I might win a quarter of a million pounds."

But for the vast majority,as we saw today,it is not a realistic prospect. You have to be prepared to turn down serious money.
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You have got to be kidding me. A CONGA LINE?! This show is going so far downhill! >:(
    The final straw for me today. I turned off after a few seconds of that idiotic nonsense arranged by Noel and didn't resume watching at all. The player was bad enough with all the squealing in the first place. Then reading here she was another who wimped out early and had massive offers of 45K, 65K and then £250,000 in her own box. Another game not taken seriously? I've long believed that DOND will end sometime around its 10th birthday and with every day and piece of idiocy unconnected with the game that gets inflicted on us DOND fans, and a lack of true games players, that day is drawing very near. Expect an announcement that it's over sometime soon, maybe during the summer. It cannot go on at this diabolical level. :blush:

When you are losing the die hards, the game is up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It gets worse, there's no episodes for 4 days next week due to the horse racing! >:(
This discussion has been closed.