Supernatural - Season 10 - US Pace

Comments

• lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the finer episodes of Season 10, but it isn't saying much to say that. If I did enjoy one thing, it was seeing all 4 main characters working together. And they make quite a team.

I literally don't know where else they can go with this Mark Stuff. If they drag it out until Season 10's final, it's been a Season and a half of... pretty much the same stuff over and over. If you ask me, Dean becoming a demon should have been the ultimate ending to this storyline... and should not have been quickly abandoned 3 episodes into the Season. There was so much to explore here... but no. We needed episodes about boring werewolves and cop retreats. Dean's in trouble... yes, we get it!

The only way I think they can make this interesting now is if Metatron's hint means they literally have to turn to Lucifer for help. Azazel spoke to Lucifer in his Cage once... maybe Sam has to go to extremes to contact the thing that tortured him and he probably still dreams about. Obviously, Lucifer won't help out of the goodness of his heart - meaning they might have to seriously do some dark stuff to save Dean. I dunno... just to give Sam something to do this Season. I mean, I know the writers obviously love Dean but damn... this really has become the Dean show. Flash back to the earlier seasons, or even to Season 6; both brothers had storylines of their own that intertwined and affected each other. Now, all Sam seems to do is run around after Dean.

Dean may kill Sam one day? You know, it says a lot that I just shrugged at this. I don't care anymore. This stuff would have been deep and serious a few years back. Now? It's just old. They need to start hitting us with something different.

Ah, I dunno. I still have hope Supernatural can return to the form it used to have. But with each passing episode, this hope is slowly drifting away.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordo350 wrote: »

The only way I think they can make this interesting now is if Metatron's hint means they literally have to turn to Lucifer for help. Azazel spoke to Lucifer in his Cage once... maybe Sam has to go to extremes to contact the thing that tortured him and he probably still dreams about. Obviously, Lucifer won't help out of the goodness of his heart - meaning they might have to seriously do some dark stuff to save Dean.

Oooh, I'd love to have that happen so I hope you're right!:o:D
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Wahced 3 of the last 5 episodes today. First one was shite because Charlie was in it, but the last 2 have been much better than the show has been in a while.

Not a coincidence that Castiel and Crowley are nowhere to be seen. (I'm sure I've said similar about episodes without them earlier this season)
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just seen the episode where dean is made young. that was classic supernatural and stacks up vs the very best monstor of the week episodes since the show began. right up there with the s1-5 glory days for me.
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    I think its still a good show, unusual for a show that's gone on for so long that I can still really care about the characters and what happens to them.

I do think that having Castiel and the whole angel business around less this season has helped too, I like Cas and Crowley but just .... too much angel and heaven/hell storylines have become very tedious especially in seasons 8 and 9.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just seen a CW trailer for the new Supernatural Episode & the series returns on 18th March for it's new Wednesday night slot.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how long has it been on a break for?
  • donna255donna255 Posts: 10,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About 4 weeks I think? Seen the trailer for the new episode.
    Cole is back
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just caught up with the last three episodes. Still feeling apathy towards the show, to be honest. It's become quite generic and unfulfilling.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the return episode. I actually like Cole as a character, and wouldn't mind seeing him again in the future. I think now that his hatred for Dean is out of the way, it opens up a lot of development for him in the future. I'd like to see him become a hunter himself, and maybe show up in future episodes to help Dean and Sam out of a situation.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed the return episode. I actually like Cole as a character, and wouldn't mind seeing him again in the future. I think now that his hatred for Dean is out of the way, it opens up a lot of development for him in the future. I'd like to see him become a hunter himself, and maybe show up in future episodes to help Dean and Sam out of a situation.
    You/We know they're always talking about attempting a spinoff, right?

Well...
  • servelanservelan Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    I wondered if they were setting him up for the spin off too! I think that one would work.
    Good to see the show back
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well we all said it after the disaster spin attempt that they have a wealth of characters they could use if they didn't want to do a slow burn set up. I'd be quite happy with Cole in a spin, too, so they are finally doing something right in this direction if that's who they are secretly looking at.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the exact thing, guys! I think he'd be a good character to stand at the front of the spinoff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    I used to love this show, it's gone soooo downhill that I don't know if I'll even watch it anymore, which is sad because it started off soooo good!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a good filler episode, Cole could well make it as a Hunter. With perhaps Garth(yes I know he is now a werewolf), but hey he was Bobbie's trainee.
  • Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the show is still really good, it's certainly better than Series 7!

I am thinking though, what next? They have series 11, they have done the major mythologies, Revelations apocalypse, angels, demons, monsters, purgatory, mark of cain (I hope this gets wrapped up this series).

I also wonder if they will do anything with Chuck considering he suddenly appeared in the 200th episode. Would be funny if he starts publishing more books and the boys find out!
  • MikeAP001MikeAP001 Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sharon87 wrote: »
    I think the show is still really good, it's certainly better than Series 7!

I am thinking though, what next? They have series 11, they have done the major mythologies, Revelations apocalypse, angels, demons, monsters, purgatory, mark of cain (I hope this gets wrapped up this series).

I also wonder if they will do anything with Chuck considering he suddenly appeared in the 200th episode. Would be funny if he starts publishing more books and the boys find out!
    They could bring back Meg Masters and Emily from Season 1's Scarecrow for starters...
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was all a bit Alien wasn't it? I was half expecting someone to get brained by one of those things shooting out kits mouth. Then when Cole vomited it I was all "Oh noes it's acid blood" Totally expecting the wife to be the queen or something and conk Sam on the back of the head when he was distracted (Not the first time, sSam really needs eyes on the back of that head and to stop being so trusty) Big twist, it was me all along Sam. *evil cackle*
    At least if they are going with Cole as a spin off he has some substsance and story behind him now unlike the last one that was totally random. Also he is better front man than the last bloke too, I forget his name.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the cringe that was a yawnfest. Three stories at once and not one of them interesting or satisfying. The Crowley/Rowena panto continues and the flashbacks were like watching clips of that dire Reign.

Forgettable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Paint It Black finally moved Rowena on a bit.

Now we know:

The Men of Letters crushed the covens.

The is more than one bunker, only the US chapter was wiped out in the 50s. So the others could still be going. Now here is an idea for a spin off, not Hunters but Men of Letters. Sort of like the Watchers from Buffy.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Well Paint It Black finally moved Rowena on a bit.

Now we know:

The Men of Letters crushed the covens.

The is more than one bunker, only the US chapter was wiped out in the 50s. So the others could still be going. Now here is an idea for a spin off, not Hunters but Men of Letters. Sort of like the Watchers from Buffy.

I've always like the idea of a spin-off involving the Men of Letters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't really enjoy this episode. Rowena is really bugging me now. :(

Soooo excited for the next episode though.
    Bobby!!
  • gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crowleys mother needs to go she is ruining Supernatural for me and boring me senseless.
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Good to see Bobby back - though I am curious - what's happened to him now? A group of Angels appeared in his own personal Heaven at the end like they were there to take him away; they going to lock him up? Sucky Afterlife.

I must confess, I ain't too fond of the SP version of what Heaven is; stuck in a room drinking and reading the same book. No thanks! Rather go to Hell, spend 30 years in torment then an eternity back on the ground; can always possess the body of someone who's just died (like Ruby did that time). Be a good Demon. ;)

I guess Cas is off to get his grace back; though I can't see it being that easy, not where Matatron is concerned. This is the second (or third?) episode lately that Lucifer has been mentioned, so I'm truly rooting to see his return before long.

And FINALLY Crowley got rid of that wrench. God (no pun intended) she was so annoying, and I'm glad she's been booted out. I do wonder now though what her plans are; she knows the mark is a mere curse and can be removed, and she wants to see Crowley burn. What better way to do that than to bring Lucifer back? Have him kill dean, and take back Hell (thus ruining everything Crowley has worked for).

If the writers play this right, they've got some excellent opportunities lined up in the upcoming season(s). Here's hoping they don't miss that.