Options

Corrie @50 - who would you love to return in a cameo role?

DaveNightingaleDaveNightingale Posts: 233
Forum Member
Have just had the conversation at work of who you'd love to see back in the street during it's 50th anniversary year...

To start the ball rolling,let me put forward a few names and possible ways to get them back into the show...

Eddie,Marion & Dawn Yeats - Eddie's not been back to the Street since visiting Mrs O in 1987.I would like to see him return as having made good,with his job on the bins leading him to being head of Bury Council's Environment Health team (having knuckled down,and got an education and qualifications) (as you remember,he moved there once he married to care for Winnie,Marion's mother after she suffered a stroke).

Their daughter Dawn would now be 26,and could actually be introduced as a long term character if cast correctly.Her connection would be via Hilda Ogden,who after the death of Winnie,due to another stroke,would become almost a surrogate grandmother to her.

Hilda Ogden - I would bend over backwards to see Mrs O back in the Street one last time.Now 86,she lives in quiet solitude in Hartington in the home of Dr Lowther,but keeps in contact with Dawn,Eddie and Marion,plus her daughters and sons Irma (Darren her son is now 42,and lives close by to her in Llandudno,where she moved to in 1971),Sylvia,Tony and son Trevor,who lives nearby in Chesterfield,with wife Polly,and grandchildren Damien and Jayne.

She remains proud of her heritage,and fiercely independent,and after becoming a great grandmother via Jayne and Darren on 3 occasions,is asked about where she used to live and her past by one of her great grandchildren for their school project.

This lights a fire under Hilda,and she makes a decision to return for the first time in over 20 yrs to her spiritual home to show them where she was born,and brought up in. In true Hilda style,she advises them "You can take the Ogdens out of Weatherfield,but you can't take the Weatherfield out of the Ogdens..."

What do you reckon? And let's hear some of your ideas...

Comments

• Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the best characters who i would want in a cameo are no longer with us.
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Have just had the conversation at work of who you'd love to see back in the street during it's 50th anniversary year...

To start the ball rolling,let me put forward a few names and possible ways to get them back into the show...

Eddie,Marion & Dawn Yeats - Eddie's not been back to the Street since visiting Mrs O in 1987.I would like to see him return as having made good,with his job on the bins leading him to being head of Bury Council's Environment Health team (having knuckled down,and got an education and qualifications) (as you remember,he moved there once he married to care for Winnie,Marion's mother after she suffered a stroke).

Their daughter Dawn would now be 26,and could actually be introduced as a long term character if cast correctly.Her connection would be via Hilda Ogden,who after the death of Winnie,due to another stroke,would become almost a surrogate grandmother to her.

Hilda Ogden - I would bend over backwards to see Mrs O back in the Street one last time.Now 86,she lives in quiet solitude in Hartington in the home of Dr Lowther,but keeps in contact with Dawn,Eddie and Marion,plus her daughters and sons Irma (Darren her son is now 42,and lives close by to her in Llandudno,where she moved to in 1971),Sylvia,Tony and son Trevor,who lives nearby in Chesterfield,with wife Polly,and grandchildren Damien and Jayne.

She remains proud of her heritage,and fiercely independent,and after becoming a great grandmother via Jayne and Darren on 3 occasions,is asked about where she used to live and her past by one of her great grandchildren for their school project.

This lights a fire under Hilda,and she makes a decision to return for the first time in over 20 yrs to her spiritual home to show them where she was born,and brought up in. In true Hilda style,she advises them "You can take the Ogdens out of Weatherfield,but you can't take the Weatherfield out of the Ogdens..."

What do you reckon? And let's hear some of your ideas...

Good ideas - but Irma (and David Barlow's) son Darren died in the car crash that killed David. He was about 2 years old - either diedthe day after or day before David.
    A shame they Killed off David - would be nice to bring him back to visit Ken, they were like Chalk & Cheese.

I'd like to see - throughout the year - not just December

Bet Lynch
    Hilda Ogden
    Suzie Birchall (+ secret lovechild of Brian = more anguish for Gail!!)
    Linda Cheveski
    Paul and Martin Cheveski - even though Martin was reconned in 1980 (no sign of his birth in the 60's)
    Maybe a new Cheveski family on the street.
    Sharon Gaskell
    Maya Sharma (to stay)
    Todd Grimshaw (to stay)
    Esther Hayes
    Doreen Lostock
    Sheila Birtles
    Concepta Hewitt
    Debbie Webster (+ family) - to stay
    Maggie Clegg
    Curly Watts (not to stay)
    Billy Walker

The older ones would return for Else Tanner's funeral (yes Emily was "sorry to hear about your Mother"in a 1987 video, but this has never been official in the history of the street. Elsie's funeral would be a great nostalgia-fest - but this would also have to be concurrent with something going on for the newer characters
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elsie & Ena rucking on the pavement - classic
  • Options
    sally ksally k Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Hilda Ogden definately and Reg Holdsworth. I wouldnt like to see Karen return because it would mean more bloody Becky scenes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see Hilda back for a visit too, but apparently Jean Alexander wasn't pleased with the modern direction of the soap, and that was back in the 1980s. She probably hates what it is like now.

The one who I would really like to see back is Bet Lynch, she was in it from as long as I can remember. Not that I watched it much as a kid - my parents would never watch it, and the only chance I got to see it was when I visited my nan - who would watch it religiously, chain smoke, read the Sun and swear like Catherine Tate's Cockney gran.
  • Options
    David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a few old faces, but I can't shake the feeling that Hilda Ogden's return would be a big disappointment.

David
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like Bet Lynch to appear.
  • Options
    pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    Curly Watts and Eddie Yates.
  • Options
    STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    With this being such a big milestone for Corrie, I'm hoping to see a lot of the old faces turn up on or around the anniversary episode. The old faces I'd love to see include...

Bet Lynch
    Hilda Ogden
    Eddie Yeats
    Curly Watts
    Raquel Watts
    Jim MacDonald
    Andy MacDonald
    Billy Walker
    Martin Platt
    Sarah Platt
    Jenny Bradley

I think Hilda returning for a one-off episode would be perfect for the shows 50th. Surely they can persuade her to appear for just the one episode. She can't hate the show that much surely. Hilda plays a big part of what has made Corrie the soap it is today, she just has to return :)
  • Options
    A CillayA Cillay Posts: 8,215
    Forum Member
    Dennis Tanner selects the Rovers as the place for his only just late mother's wake. Bringing Hilda & Bet back to the street. Unbeknown to Hilda on arrival she hears on the grapevine that Sally has cancer and pays a visit to the Websters. Bet sticks around and is prominent in Betty's 90th Birthday celebrations.

Racquel & Curly return to the street together with their daughter Alice Diane in tow, they move in to Maria's unoccupied house after she sells up and moves in with Michelle and Ryan & Sian in the (hopefully) soon to be departed Windass household.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    I would like to see Richard Hillman come back.

Then, when he goes upstairs for a script conference, he can scrub out all of the writers, so that they have to get proper ones in.

Then Corrie will get back on form again.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has to be Hiilda, I would so love for her to return,

Woman Stanley, Woman
  • Options
    shoulderduffshoulderduff Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monica - Tyrones dog
  • Options
    jimbojonesjimbojones Posts: 4,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always liked when Sharon Gaskell appeared and annoyed Rita-it was Rita right ?? lol:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    I loved Hilda and I suppose that she still has the connection to the street with Sally and Kevin who used to lodge with her back in the day.

Jenny Bradley could have come back if Rita gets back from her cruise in time. Do we think Rita will ever come back????

I think though it is sometimes better to leave some characters where they were left especially given the short memory span of the scriptwriters.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Monica - Tyrones dog

What has happened to Monica??? I don't remember her being written out???
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    id like mavis back staying with rita ,I'd like eddie yates and curly in a dustmans reunion with hilda or curly visiting emily any road.Id also like rto see gary Mallet back everyone else is dead :(
  • Options
    DaveNightingaleDaveNightingale Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    It has to be Hiilda, I would so love for her to return,

Woman Stanley, Woman

A brilliant episode,that one - beautifully acted and written!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYRuIRf4EsI - 1.44 in for those fond of those great Corrie moments...

Thanks for the feedback BTW...of course I'd now have to rethink some of my storyline re Darren's death in Australia - so it would have to be Damien,Trevor's son,who would have children of his own,hence the great grandchildren.

Looking back at the history of Trevor,it seemed that he had a troubled relationship with his mother and father,

http://www.corrieblog.tv/2007/05/whatever_happen_1.html

However,I am sure that though that over the years Hilda would have forgiven him ,particularly due to the fact she doted on Damien and Jayne as children,who as they got older,would have looked on their father's dealings as untoward,and would have questioned why he did not keep regular contact with her.

Therefore,through their request,he will have eventually seen the error of his ways,and taken steps to heal his relationship with his mother before it was too late.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dennis Tanner:)
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love a lot of the biggies to return - most notably Hilda, Mavis and Bet, and I love the idea of the original stars making a reappearance - Dennis, Linda, Concepta etc. (maybe with the first two babies born on the Street, Paul and Christopher).

But what I want for the 50th year is a major storyline for all of the long-running characters. For Rita, I'd like her to bump into her former stepson Stanley, and despite her better judgement, fall in love. He'd be over 60 now, but it'd still be quite a strange situation for Rita to deal with, and it'd be lovely to see her happy.
  • Options
    Cal2008Cal2008 Posts: 2,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jed stone, dennis tanner, linda tannar, debbie webster, bet, curly, jim mcdonald, andy, toyah, alec, mavis, hilda and billy walker.
  • Options
    BBTIMEBBTIME Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An episode with Hilda would be a massive draw for the show. I can see it rating enormous figures and I would certainly love to see her one final time. I very much doubt it will happen though.

That aside, Bet Lynch and Mavis.

Sadly, with the programme being 50, so many of the huge stars of the past are no longer around.

Hilda is certainly one of the last of that generation
  • Options
    ianinclevelandianincleveland Posts: 21,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hilda could be brought back for Bettys 90th,its obvious theyve kept in touch as theres a video of Betty visiting Hilda.They could also bring Bet back for this.

Trouble is many of the real greats like Annie,Albert,Ena and Elsie are long dead but it would be good to have a suprise character turn up for the actual 50th anniversary edition
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Eddie Yates
    Hilda
    Mavis
    Terry Duckworth
    Bett and Alec Gilroy
    Curly
    Raquel
    Billy Walker
    Johhny Briggs as Mikes long lost twin brother;)
  • Options
    open_endedopen_ended Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We need someone old and someone new. Hilda Ogden and Karen MacDonald would be great.