Options

Gail Porter

muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Gail Porter is in Closer this week talking about her "new" body and how her toyboy loves seeing her in her underwear. Her hair is growing back as well.

Often had mixed opinions of her - she seemed OK in interviews but came across as a bit of an attention seeker at times. I know she had her problems. Anyone beg to differ?

Comments

• Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muppeteer wrote: »
    Gail Porter is in Closer this week talking about her "new" boy and how her toyboy loves seeing her in her underwear. Her hair is growing back as well.

Often had mixed opinions of her - she seemed OK in interviews but came across as a bit of an attention seeker at times. I know she had her problems. Anyone beg to differ?

Having problems doesn't stop her being another desperate attention-seeking famehoor with nothing or any merit to back it up.
  • Options
    SickPuppy21SickPuppy21 Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Met Gail once or twice, plus she was very helpful in getting Rage Against The Machine to #1.

Sweet lady, let her be showing off, she deserves it like anyone else in those situations.
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muppeteer wrote: »
    Gail Porter is in Closer this week talking about her "new" body and how her toyboy loves seeing her in her underwear. Her hair is growing back as well.

I'd like to see her in her underwear ! :D
  • Options
    PeteJBPeteJB Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always liked her and think that she's pretty genuine
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is possibly perfectly amiable in real life and indeed, alopecia is a very distressing condition, but she certainly isn't shy in divulging the innermost details of her personal life on national television.

In the years before she became something of a unofficial spokesperson for emotional health issues she was arguably best known for getting her kit off and having her naked derriere projected onto the Houses Of Parliament.
  • Options
    Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I realise that her hair is growing back, but what is 'new' about her body?
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like her :)
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having problems doesn't stop her being another desperate attention-seeking famehoor with nothing or any merit to back it up.

That's a bit strong...:confused:
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ghastly woman - cannot bear her. She's also an ickle bit lax on the truth re- her weight. She used to be anorexic but is still waffling on about her weight loss which is hugely irresponsible. There was a pic of her in Closer where she was claiming to be 9 and a half stone prior to losing some weight. Looking at the pic, I'd put her at nearer 10 and a half - nothing wrong with that - but why lie?

I also don't understand why she is now bleaching the hair that has grown back - cannot be any good for it and it must be very fragile anyway.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, the good old days of Sunday morning in the 90's. Get up wit ha hangover and watch classic Grange Hill followed by Fully Booked with lovely Gail on BBC2, then she got her kit off in FHM.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was also a second dan in karate. Would have taken it up just to have her as the sensei.
  • Options
    Nine Bob NoteNine Bob Note Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I realise that her hair is growing back, but what is 'new' about her body?

Presumably it has hair on it?
  • Options
    fifi_folEfifi_folE Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Presumably it has hair on it?

As someone who has had alopecia for 20 years the answer is not necessarily. I have had total hair loss from every part of my body, which only happens in a small % of cases. If my hair has grown back and fallen out again it has varried where it chooses to. It varies from individual to individual.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's sad Gails hair was falling out again but there is something very attention seeking/a bit nutty about Gail, she got her fella to shave her hair and posted her pics on her Twitter account..very Britney Spears

It seems she has made a career out of her having no hair, so maybe when her hair grew back the attention wasn't there for her from the media? that sounds awful but it seems true because it was always oh poor Gail she has alopecia and is so brave and so on

she also dyed her hair the minute it grew back which was insane
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    If you look at her other photos you can see the patches where the hair has started to fall out again.

I don;t see what the problem with her sharing photos on her twitter feed. Those people follow her are interested in what's happening with her hair.
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really sad that she's losing her hair again. I had a few small patches of alopecia 20 odd years ago but they grew back.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NikkiClo wrote: »
    I know it's sad Gails hair was falling out again but there is something very attention seeking/a bit nutty about Gail, she got her fella to shave her hair and posted her pics on her Twitter account..very Britney Spears

It seems she has made a career out of her having no hair, so maybe when her hair grew back the attention wasn't there for her from the media? that sounds awful but it seems true because it was always oh poor Gail she has alopecia and is so brave and so on

she also dyed her hair the minute it grew back which was insane

Yes, it must be incredibly disheartening for her. Some people are fortunate enough for their hair to fully grow back, but alopecia can be a recurrent condition.

I also thought that dyeing her hair all the colours of the rainbow was nuts considering her hair follicles would most likely be weak and fragile. Still, that was her decision.

I've always thought she was a bit bonkers. Certainly, the alopecia problem moved her career onto a different path when - well, she didn't have much of a career happening at the time.
  • Options
    MuttsnuttsMuttsnutts Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can get wigs these days that look like your real hair, I would do that. Not a problem then, she can look just the same, and could be blonde one day, red another etc and make that part of her image instead of the bald head.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    double post :o
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    Muttsnutts wrote: »
    You can get wigs these days that look like your real hair, I would do that. Not a problem then, she can look just the same, and could be blonde one day, red another etc and make that part of her image instead of the bald head.

She did a documentary when she first had the condition and tried to wear wigs in that but she found them really uncomfortable, so gave up
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttsnutts wrote: »

Why should she??? She was comfortable with her bald head and inspired many people with the condition who do hide it under a wig and bury it as a deep dark secret that actually, no one really gives a rats behind whether you've got hair or not....I mean it's only hair!!!!!! I haven't had any for 15 years and you know what, I don't give a flying cahoona - mainly because of Gail Porter. Anyone that can do that for someone else is a bit of a hero in my book!!! I wear a wig for work due to 'business etiquette' but other than that, no chance!!!!!!!

I'm glad she showed all those pictures, and I'm absolutely GUTTED for her that her hair is falling out again. As for me, it's unlikely my hair will ever return. I have had puva treatment (which gave me more burns than I care to remember), I have tried lotions and potions, all to no avail, and my consultant tells me that once it's been gone for more than 10 years you're chances of getting it back are slim to none!! Ah well....I save a fortune on hairdressers and waxing, and NEVER have to shave my legs!! RESULT!!! :D
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really sad that she's losing her hair again. I had a few small patches of alopecia 20 odd years ago but they grew back.
    I love Gail and hope everything works out for her she is lovely :)
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perdita_x wrote: »
    Why should she??? She was comfortable with her bald head and inspired many people with the condition who do hide it under a wig and bury it as a deep dark secret that actually, no one really gives a rats behind whether you've got hair or not....I mean it's only hair!!!!!! I haven't had any for 15 years and you know what, I don't give a flying cahoona - mainly because of Gail Porter. Anyone that can do that for someone else is a bit of a hero in my book!!! I wear a wig for work due to 'business etiquette' but other than that, no chance!!!!!!!

I'm glad she showed all those pictures, and I'm absolutely GUTTED for her that her hair is falling out again. As for me, it's unlikely my hair will ever return. I have had puva treatment (which gave me more burns than I care to remember), I have tried lotions and potions, all to no avail, and my consultant tells me that once it's been gone for more than 10 years you're chances of getting it back are slim to none!! Ah well....I save a fortune on hairdressers and waxing, and NEVER have to shave my legs!! RESULT!!! :D

What a great, positive post! :cool: And I completely agree that it's Gail's right (and anyone else in the same position as her, for whatever reason) to treat their hair loss in whatever way best suits them, and not anyone else. And if it helps anyone else, then bonus. The idea that she should hide or disguise it is ridiculous and says more about those suggesting it as an option than it ever could about Gail.
  • Options
    summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she is really nice, she looks great hair or no hair!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perdita_x wrote: »

I think it's good she raised so much awareness too, but she's done that, and I think that if it upsets her to have no hair, there's no shame in wearing a wig either. I was trying to point out that she could make it fun, and maybe she could make it more acceptable for people to wear wigs if they want to. People who do have hair sometimes wear a wig for a change of colour or style, but it does still have a bit of a taboo attached to it.
    Did you read the Daily Mail article about the woman who grew a full head of hair back by changing her diet? Cockles & foods high in iron. I think, she's devised a diet for it. Might not work for anyone else but worth a read.