Tercet2 wrote: »
    Really? Not even Liz was.

Hahaha!
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.

She's been exceptional so far. She was going nowhere, neither was Christopher.

I think everyone (including Sandeesh herself) knew her days were numbered. The reflecting of the task in the boardroom was just a formality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    I was, particulary when LordSuga said that massive sales earlier on may not neccessarily count, and when we found that the "someone as meticulous as you" line was directed at her.

When he said that, I was almost expecting a Raef-style farce firing, but he did make the right decision in the end. And yeah. she wouldn't have gone, and I would have thought it bad if she had.
  • Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    She'll probably win! I didn't think she would get the axe this week although she did overcook the number of DVDs required for the task.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    floopy123 wrote: »
    She'll probably win! I didn't think she would get the axe this week although she did overcook the number of DVDs required for the task.

Incredibly and somewhat sadly there is a facebook appreciation where violence had been threatened against Sugar if he does not give her the job:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Incredibly and somewhat sadly there is a facebook appreciation where violence had been threatened against Sugar if he does not give her the job:eek:

For years he had to deal with the wrath of Spurs supporters. And they didn't ponce around with creating a facebook page!
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member

Well, Yasmina made a maths mistake last year and we all know where it took her ;)

Mind you, as a numbers man myself (but also not that great with actually maths, more of a spreadsheet guy) I did agree with Carol Vorderman that she only summed up a maximum number of DVD´s (plus the waste), but Sandeesh did nothing with that information and just went with the number that Liz provided her (same mistake as Paula last year).
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a lovely woman but haven't seen much of her personality yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Dont really know what she has done so far apart from visiting the competition and copying their idea.
  • Options
    M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member

but hyped by the project manager into getting more
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    notary wrote: »
    Dont really know what she has done so far apart from visiting the competition and copying their idea.

Nothing, alone a recordbreaking sales and a win as PM (plus getting praised by Nick twice in the boardroom) ;)

Ah well, but she doesn´t seem to have a personality according to some people (thought Big Brother had finished :rolleyes:).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Liz has been excellent throughout the series...but on the two occasions in the boardroom when she has needed to justify or explain her performance she hasn't been as strong as she needs to be to win the competition.

I am thinking initially of her week as PM...she did ok, but not as well as others (eg Stella) and in the boardroom she was a little bit on the back foot. I suspect she wasn't under that much threat tonight, but she was slightly flustered when asked to explain why she shoudn't be fired, and otherwise she was either edited out or simply not saying that much whilst the other two were fighting their corner. Sugar is contrary enough to fire her just for saying she was surprised to even be there.

Liz has generally been very accomplished in the tasks , but will need to be stronger under fire by the time it gets towards the final episodes. None of the other candidates has really had a go at her yet, but if we end up with Liz, Stella, and Joanne (say) as the last three then she'll need to be able to hold her own in an argument of equals and we haven't seen it yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    record breaking phantom sales from a prepared script. Has she had any good idea so far? Its only Joanna who seems to have had any, Thats if you dont count looking at the competition at the end of the day. She should have done it a lot earlier.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz is really dull.
  • Options
    parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Not worried for a second. There was no way she was going.
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    I wasn't worried. I hope she does go. I'm not keen on her.
  • Options
    kay_beekay_bee Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I thought she was really good with the clients, geeing up the kids while they were being videod.

People wouldn't have bought them if the kids were standing there like dummies.

But who would have bought that product anyway? Completely naff idea all round.
  • Options
    CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    Liz is really dull.
    I wasn't worried. I hope she does go. I'm not keen on her.

I agree with both comments. As the series has gone on, we've realised just how 'un-exciting' she is.

There's absolutely nothing there. IMO, she wouldn't survive in a hard-core business environment; she hasn't got that aggressiveness to succeed (and yes, you do need it sometimes).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    Liz's record breaking achievement stemmed from the fact that she was promoting a really appealing product. It was quite an ingenious item. Any of the other candidates would have performed equally well. Liz was lucky. The task she project managed and won was also relatively straightforward. Particularly in light of her admission (that she "loved" clothes..it helps when you have a genuine interest in the product)
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    haphash wrote: »
    Liz is really dull.
    Sure. But she's very nice to look at. With Paloma gone we need someone...
  • Options
    LaurieMarlowLaurieMarlow Posts: 5,003
    Forum Member
    CXC3000 wrote: »

There's absolutely nothing there. IMO, she wouldn't survive in a hard-core business environment; she hasn't got that aggressiveness to succeed (and yes, you do need it sometimes).

I'm not quite sure what kind of hard-core business environment you're talking about but don't forget that she is an investment banker. And it doesn't get more aggressive than that. These guys work crazy hours and the pressure is immense. It's the most testosterone-fuelled, aggressive working environment I can think of.
  • Options
    CXC3000CXC3000 Posts: 10,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not quite sure what kind of hard-core business environment you're talking about but don't forget that she is an investment banker. And it doesn't get more aggressive than that. These guys work crazy hours and the pressure is immense. It's the most testosterone-fuelled, aggressive working environment I can think of.

That may be true. but we haven't seen anything like that from Liz; she's not been shown to be under any pressure (and no, it doesn't mean there was some and that she handled it ok) ;)

To the majority, it looks as if she's had a very easy ride; in fact, too easy.
  • Options
    LaurieMarlowLaurieMarlow Posts: 5,003
    Forum Member
    CXC3000 wrote: »
    That may be true. but we haven't seen anything like that from Liz; she's not been shown to be under any pressure (and no, it doesn't mean there was some and that she handled it ok) ;)

To the majority, it looks as if she's had a very easy ride; in fact, too easy.

Yeah, I agree that we haven't seen it on the show and it does look like she's had an easy ride. I'm only making the point that she can turn to her day job if that accusation is ever thrown at her in the boardroom.

I think she's a slightly less impressive version of Kate Walsh. And I thought Kate was outclassed by Yasmina last year.