Options

Sarah Millican..................is there a single panel show she wont appear on ??

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it amazing how Sarah Millican has made so much money simply from being as vulgar as is humanly possible to be. And she only has about three subjects on her repertoire, which seem to be food and sex (especially fannies and acting like she's the only woman who has one) and bodily functions.

She's one of the most disgusting people I've come across in my life, and the fact she has the perfect face for radio and a voice that's as about attractive as nails on a chalkboard doesn't help. Her rise to super stardom and continuing popularity with the masses really leaves me scratching my head.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I find it amazing how Sarah Millican has made so much money simply from being as vulgar as is humanly possible to be. And she only has about three subjects on her repertoire, which seem to be food and sex (especially fannies and acting like she's the only woman who has one) and bodily functions.

She's one of the most disgusting people I've come across in my life, and the fact she has the perfect face for radio and a voice that's as about attractive as nails on a chalkboard doesn't help. Her rise to super stardom and continuing popularity with the masses really leaves me scratching my head.
    You can't get out much if you think that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    You can't get out much if you think that.

Isn't personally insulting other forum member's against the T&Cs?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    To the original poster- This is a very silly and selfish thing to say. You may not like her, but plenty of other people do and enjoy watching her. Why should we lose out on something just because if you don't like it? Why don't you watch something else?
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    xashfordx wrote: »
    To the original poster- This is a very silly and selfish thing to say. You may not like her, but plenty of other people do and enjoy watching her. Why should we lose out on something just because if you don't like it? Why don't you watch something else?

From the thread title, what did you expect to find on here? It's quite obvious it isn't an appreciation thread!

No-one is stopping you from watching her, for 24/7 if you so wish, this thread is mainly for people who are sick of seeing her, to warn us when to not tune in, because she crops up unexpectedly, spoiling many shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member

You must be very new, if you consider that mild comment to be an insult.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You must be very new, if you consider that mild comment to be an insult.

Admittedly I can be over-sensitive, but I think someone basically implying you have no life because they disagree with your opinion does class as an insult.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member

Again, if you think that's an insult then you must lead a sheltered life. Have you ever seen a Jimmy Carr standup show?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not a fan then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    Not a fan then?

How did you guess? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Again, if you think that's an insult then you must lead a sheltered life. Have you ever seen a Jimmy Carr standup show?

Yeah, after a good sleep I do see I completely overreacted. Apologies to the poster I replied to. :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How did you guess? :D

It was subtle but I read between the lines.....
  • Options
    noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe the comedy genius that is Jimmy Carr is more your style then ?

The fact that she gets such good critiques and has such a large following should tell you something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone tell me if she has another series lined up for the BBC or is she going elsewhere ?

I know she has a tour on the go but I've heard nothing of what TV she might be doing thereafter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    noelw1969 wrote: »
    Maybe the comedy genius that is Jimmy Carr is more your style then ?

The fact that she gets such good critiques and has such a large following should tell you something.

Only thing it tells me is that there must be a lot of people with low expectations in the country, if she is deemed to be one of the top comedians we have! Very, very poor.
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think someone like Frankie Boyle is ahead of her

Find me an example of when she has said anything that comes even remotely close to this:

‘Jimmy Savile did an incredible amount of charity work towards the end of his life, just to be sure he could shag Madeleine McCann in heaven.’
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't see anything about her as shocking.

I only rate a comedian on whether they make me laugh or not, that's the only way I can judge them.

She doesn't make me laugh. Ever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Find me an example of when she has said anything that comes even remotely close to this:

‘Jimmy Savile did an incredible amount of charity work towards the end of his life, just to be sure he could shag Madeleine McCann in heaven.

This is wholly offensive, not funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only thing it tells me is that there must be a lot of people with low expectations in the country, if she is deemed to be one of the top comedians we have! Very, very poor.

Personally, I think comedy, overall, is at its lowest ever ebb in this country.

When the likes of Frankie Boyle, Jimmy Carr, Russell Brand, Michael McIntyre etc.... get such reviews, my heart sinks because not one of them could say anything that would make me laugh.

At present, I only watch 2 things in terms of comedy, Have I Got News For You and Sarah Millican. Nothing else interests me in the slightest and I would rather watch re-runs of Bargain Hunt.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

‘Jimmy Savile did an incredible amount of charity work towards the end of his life, just to be sure he could shag Madeleine McCann in heaven.’

Frankie Boyle is simply vile, not funny. Does this cretin have a family of his own ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes he does have a family of his own. He has a stage persona seperate to his family life.
    As Stweart Lee would say - context.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member

Why do you find it so hard to understand that people have different senses of humour? I bet if you named your favourite comedidans I would think some of them were terrible.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Yes he does have a family of his own. He has a stage persona seperate to his family life.
    As Stweart Lee would say - context.

Thats a total cop out. You cant be as vile and offensive as you like and mask it under a different "persona" and think that makes it ok. Its nothing to do with context.

I see he has a long term partner and 2 kids of his own. How do you make a "joke" as sick as that about Madeleine McCann and then go home and kiss your kids goodnight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How does a slasher horror writer/director/actor do horrible things on film then go home to their family life?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why do you find it so hard to understand that people have different senses of humour? I bet if you named your favourite comedidans I would think some of them were terrible.
    As this is not an appreciation thread - in fact, far from it, as you would see if you have read the majority of posts - I am entitled to say what I think, as much as you are entitled to say you like her.

I find it hard to understand, because she doesn't make me laugh. How much clearer can I put it?

Why does it bother you anyway, what I say, if you enjoy something why would you need to defend your opinion just because I disagree with it?
This discussion has been closed.