Felt really happy for Johnny last night

muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
Forum Member
✭✭✭
He's not the best singer in the world, but his attitude is good, he was enjoying himself up there and he makes me smile.

Perfect song choice for him last night.

I just hope that he deals with things OK when the X Factor dies down as he will probably not get a recording contract.

Comments

• EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think he'll have a music career in the conventional sense, but I do think he'll get work. He'd make a great pantomime dame, for a start! I think he's made for TV and I really hope he gets a chance to do some presenting or perhaps a role on an entertainment show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are also thousands of gay bars up and down the country (poss also the holiday touristy areas abroad) which will offer him work long after the ""winner"" has gone onto the great Xfactor in the sky.....:D
  • dwisemandwiseman Posts: 4,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect he could easily do better than that if he wanted and become a TV host in the Paul O Grady style.. the next step after he goes out of X factor in the next 4-5 shows (assuming he does.. ) would be getting onto game show panels as much as possible..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is such a good person and I have nothing but respect for him.
  • dwisemandwiseman Posts: 4,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and getting Jedwards agent to represent him ;)
  • MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So did I, he looked so happy.

He knows he can't win and he knows it's too late but he wants to have fun. I'm so pleased he's getting his 15 minutes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I honestly think he will do better out of this show than any of the other acts both financially and mentally.

He has the perfect attitude and not a hint of arrogance. He knows in his heart that he's never going to win but is always smiling nonetheless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    He is fun to watch lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was just hilarious and hes just the loviest person! I watched back his performance, and it was actually one of the stronger ones from last night! Though what was up with those opera-like parts? :D
  • ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the exact same. He can't sing for sh** but i enjoyed every second of his performance and was happy with the crowd reaction and judges comments.

Gary tried his hardest but it was impossible not to like it.
  • Eve ElleEve Elle Posts: 6,507
    Forum Member
    Johnny is really endearing in some strange way, he just seems so nice and genuine, so warm and funny. I was really happy that everyone (including Gary) seemed to enjoy his performance, the crowd went wild! :D

And, as someone who enjoys some rock from time to time, I really feel like Johnny was one of the few acts to truly embrace the spirit of rock, it was pretty damn cool. I hope things work out really well for the guy. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't find him the least bit amusing or entertaining, and the love for him baffles me. Each to their own I suppose.
  • amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    I think he'll get a range of work on the back of XF. He doesn't take the show or himself too seriously and looks like he's enjoying himself. He can be quick and witty too and has the likeability factor. Good luck to him.
  • suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just listened to him on Youtube. Actually he has very good vocal range and sense of pitch. No stage fright either.

His sense of humour is also second to none. I love his answer to Gary last night! :) Overs category seem to be very strong this year.
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonny and Kitty are the strongest performers. I don't want either of them to win the title because they are both so much more than that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Johnny is GREAT! :D Just been watching the Sunday repeat specifically to see Johnny and Kitty again. Love them both!
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't watched any X Factor this year, so I'm watching the repeat right now and it's the first show I'm seeing.

Very impressed with this Johnny Bloke. Very entertaining and I like him.
    I can imagine him getting something out of this at the end. Doing what I don't know. But I'd like to think so.

I was really entertained by what I just watched.
    A better singer than most of the apparently 'serious' singers you usually have to endure every year.

Not usually into these sorts of things but I think he's great. Love this guy.
  • CookmeparsnipsCookmeparsnips Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he was great fun last night. At the very least he ought to get his own house on the back of this and not have to go back to a bed sit.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Johnny is very entertaining. He won't win, but sincerely hope he gets some work from this. Post XF he should have a slot on TV. He is very quick.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    How anyone can find him entertaining is beyond me.

They should just start a programme called the Joke Factor and have 11 acts just like him. People could watch that if that's what they like.
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Johnny.
  • wandashirkwandashirk Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Floh wrote: »
    Jonny and Kitty are the strongest performers. I don't want either of them to win the title because they are both so much more than that.

Agree 100% and don't think they will win because you have to be safe and boring to get the housewives vote.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Floh wrote: »

No, you just know neither of them will. There's no such thing as being too good to win the X Factor.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, he's clearly a genuinely nice guy and he adds fun to the show :D

I do sorta see him as a joke act but like he can hit the high notes in his songs D:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best of the night for me and he always gives me a happy feeling. Love him.