Options

Could Lauren be in trouble?

scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I mentioned this in another thread, but thought I'd make it a topic of its own.

Lauren is giving me serious Ella Henderson vibes. She's consistently good, but hasn't had a truly 'wow' performance since weeks one and two. Since then, she's not been anything special.

I think everyone assumes she's safe cos she's the last girl standing, she was an early favourite to win, and she never really messes up. But is she just TOO safe? That seems to be what happened with Ella - she never messed up, but she never had a week where she blew everyone else out the water. Lauren is headed in the same direction, I feel.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if she was bottom two tomorrow.

It's also worth noting that she performed second, and in 4 out of 5 weeks so far this year, act number 2 has been in the bottom.

Comments

• Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love her, but my pessimistic side just keeps thinking that if Ella (and Tamera and Hannah for that matter) struggled, she has no chance. I think she might maybe get to the top 5 or top 4 but she won't win.
  • Options
    Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be, might work in her favor though, does a great sing off and then is safe for a couple of weeks, could happen
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a weak singer but Cheryl factor will keep her in, even if there is a fix.
  • Options
    dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't great tonight and her price to win is slowly drifting out.

I'd be surprised if she wasn't safe mind! There were enough mediocre performances to suggest she'll be ok.

I do have a feeling though she won't make the top 4.
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly, I don't think it's this week though... But who knows...???..we could be due for a shock, so possibly..but the fact that she is Cheryl's last girl will only help her ..she got all the Cheryl fans intact...
  • Options
    Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's higher then Andrea on facebook likes right now which anything makes it more likely Andrea could be in a shock bottom 2 tomorrow
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    I mentioned this in another thread, but thought I'd make it a topic of its own.

I think everyone assumes she's safe cos she's the last girl standing, she was an early favourite to win, and she never really messes up. But is she just TOO safe? That seems to be what happened with Ella - she never messed up, but she never had a week where she blew everyone else out the water. Lauren is headed in the same direction, I feel.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if she was bottom two tomorrow.

It's also worth noting that she performed second, and in 4 out of 5 weeks so far this year, act number 2 has been in the bottom.

Lauren isn't the last girl standing, what about Fleur? Although I suppose you mean in the girls catagory, and Fleur is in the Overs.
  • Options
    Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren isn't the only girl standing, what about Fleur?

She's an over...
  • Options
    PorkSausagePorkSausage Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren's is mirrored by Fleur's rise.

Lauren could bounce back, but at the moment she's not progressing.
  • Options
    Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren sings beautifully but unfortunately Cheryl isn't giving her any inspiring songs.

Do think people need to give her a couple more weeks though
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a gambling man (well not much of one) but if I was I'd put money on her being bottom two tomorrow. She's just the same every week, just kinda there but entirely forgettable.
  • Options
    myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She did bore me this week, and a bit last week. The overdone praise for 'being able to sing while sitting' and last week's 3-second dance routine that she got nervous and upset about beforehand was just silly IMO.
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    She did bore me this week, and a bit last week. The overdone praise for 'being able to sing while sitting' and last week's 3-second dance routine that she got nervous and upset about beforehand was just silly IMO.

It is true that it is harder to sing well when sitting. The trouble is that Lauren doesn't seem to have lived up to her earlier times and she doesn't seem to have been given very suitable songs for her voice.
  • Options
    smurfs5smurfs5 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lauren isn't in the same league as Ella Henderson. Or Tamera for that matter.

She was great until the live shows began. I just don't think there's anything special about her- I haven't thought "wow, she's a potential winner" after a performance. She's not helped by Cheryl's appalling mentoring and song choices but when she goes for the high notes, her voice just goes and it sounds awful. I think the judges hyped her up in the early weeks but it's becoming clear that she needed another 2 years before being put through to the live shows IMO.

Unless there's a shock elimination, I can't see anything other than a Ben - Fleur - Andrea final.
  • Options
    LiamOKLiamOK Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's boring and always has been but last night was definitely her worst performance. I think she's capable but nothing stands out, she's like a wee girl and quite forgetable in my opinion. But I do not think she should go. If Jay or Stevi aren't both in the bottom 2 then I can definitely see her down there.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smurfs5 wrote: »
    Lauren isn't in the same league as Ella Henderson. Or Tamera for that matter.

She was great until the live shows began. I just don't think there's anything special about her- I haven't thought "wow, she's a potential winner" after a performance. She's not helped by Cheryl's appalling mentoring and song choices but when she goes for the high notes, her voice just goes and it sounds awful. I think the judges hyped her up in the early weeks but it's becoming clear that she needed another 2 years before being put through to the live shows IMO.

Unless there's a shock elimination, I can't see anything other than a Ben - Fleur - Andrea final.

I agree. Lauren was great until after week one of the lives and it's been downhill ever since. They seem to be mentoring her really badly and turning her into the polar opposite of what she really is.
    One FM said they've made her twee and that's exactly what they have done and it's just all wrong for her
  • Options
    MattXfactorMattXfactor Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭