Annie Lennox Admits to Suicidal thoughts

trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Annie Lennox has admitted to having suicidal thoughts at times through loneliness.
She blames being brought up as an only child for her feelings of isolation, apparantly.
Just wondered what everyone else thought of this? I personally think you can feel just as lonely surrounded by people you don't connect with or get on with as if you are actually alone.
I like Annie Lennox a lot, but have always thought, judging from her demeanour and the lyrics she writes that she may be prone to depression.

Comments

• TanequilTanequil Posts: 366,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to Annie, a woman who knows how to cheer you up on a miserable day.

She may have felt lonely and she may of felt suicidal however why the need to tell everybody, has she no mates.

By the way has she an album due out.
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's just been dropped by her record company actuallly, which won't have cheered her up any:(
    I like her - she's not normally one to bleat about her troubles in public.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you not see her interview with Melvyn Bragg late on ITV about 2.5 months ago.? Very revealing.

And yes she is weighted by heavy thoughts ,bu unlike other famous people, not only about me me me, but about the tragic things in world.She is a serious campaigner for justices,always has been. Kids,AIDS,hunger,environment, you name it ,she ponders deeply.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..And unlike a lot of the "me me" crowd, she does actually have some talent, in my opinion anyway.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ....Yes.

But does she have something to promote??
  • Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
    Forum Member
    trec123 wrote: »
    Annie Lennox has admitted to having suicidal thoughts at times through loneliness.
    She blames being brought up as an only child for her feelings of isolation, apparantly.
    Just wondered what everyone else thought of this? I personally think you can feel just as lonely surrounded by people you don't connect with or get on with as if you are actually alone.
    I like Annie Lennox a lot, but have always thought, judging from her demeanour and the lyrics she writes that she may be prone to depression.

I agree with you with everything, especially about feeling lonely in a crowded room and not connecting with anyone. That is one of the times when I personally have felt my loneliest in the past.

I feel sorry for Annie. She's a talented singer and song-writer, and she can act too. So often though, people who are as talented as she is do tend to have to grapple with many demons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annie is not promoting anything - her last album was last year

Annie has not been dropped - see other thread in MUSIC for press release from Annie and BMG

Please can we stiock with facts!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last I read was that she was upset to have been dropped by her label - glad to hear this is not true - thanks for the correction....
    Hope you'll forgive me for not being able to read every thread on these boards before posting though:) It wasn't an intentional deviation from the facts:).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trec123 wrote: »
    The last I read was that she was upset to have been dropped by her label - glad to hear this is not true - thanks for the correction....
    Hope you'll forgive me for not being able to read every thread on these boards before posting though:) It wasn't an intentional deviation from the facts:).

I have forgiven you xx:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!::)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stewing wrote: »
    Did you not see her interview with Melvyn Bragg late on ITV about 2.5 months ago.? Very revealing.

And yes she is weighted by heavy thoughts ,bu unlike other famous people, not only about me me me, but about the tragic things in world.She is a serious campaigner for justices,always has been. Kids,AIDS,hunger,environment, you name it ,she ponders deeply.

I deeply respect Annie for she is probably one of the most genuine people in the celebrity world that do campaign. Her performance at Live8 said it all for me. I also at time understand what Annie means at being lonely in a crowded room, you do feel like the room is empty.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Her music has the same effect on me
  • pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    while doing my psych degree it turns out about 20% of the population experience suicide ideation at least one point in their lives...so it's fairly common to think about doing it but never attempted it. I think it's a good thing she's mentioned it because it can help people feel a little less freakish or bad about it. I know I have and feel comforted in the fact that i'm not completely abnormal.
  • Merry HappyMerry Happy Posts: 8,228
    Forum Member
    Her music has the same effect on me

:D:D:D

Sweet Dreams is ok, but the rest :sleep:
  • Emerald InnsEmerald Inns Posts: 4,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tanequil wrote: »

She may have felt lonely and she may of felt suicidal however why the need to tell everybody, has she no mates.

That's what I think too. Hands up who hasn't had suicidal thoughts?? :rolleyes:

Why do these celebrities feel the need to make such pronouncements about their lives. I just don't get it.
  • Emerald InnsEmerald Inns Posts: 4,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    while doing my psych degree it turns out about 20% of the population experience suicide ideation at least one point in their lives..

I'd be surprised if the actual figure wasn't significantly higher, imo. More like 80% I would think.
  • pinkbellybuttonpinkbellybutton Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be surprised if the actual figure wasn't significantly higher, imo. More like 80% I would think.

true...admitting to ideation still has enough of a stigma attached to it that people mightn't feel comfortable enough to admit it. People assume ideation means you're going to actually kill yourself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annie has a great voice and song writing abilities but has always had an air of being slightly nuts and I don't mean to offend anyone with that description.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I just say, being slightly 'bonkers' can be a very attractive and alluring trait.
  • bluejoolsbluejools Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shes the musical equivalent of magnolia paint..dreary and dull!!:yawn::yawn::yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Each to their own but I have to say I think she's contributed a lot more to music than the likes of Kylie....:confused::o