Have Humax Cust Support Taken On Currys Staff ?

grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
Forum Member
✭✭
Interested in your comments on this gem from Humax Customer Support

http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/942439-specific-buying-advice-please.html#post8932285

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interested in your comments on this gem from Humax Customer Support

http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/942439-specific-buying-advice-please.html#post8932285
    He He.

Graham, you should send them a copy of your Foxsat Record spreadsheet, and tell them to try out the Single Cable Button !!

Rgds.

Les.
  • germanycallinggermanycalling Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On Saturday I was able to record Bourne Identity on ITV with the split, Vera Drake on 4 + 1 and watch something just for fun on ITV 4 all at the same time with just 1 LNB connection and loop through to LNB 2. A Homer Simpson moment from customer support I guess. Doh!

Now have two LNB connections having won the battle of getting a second cable through a conduit! :)
  • StoatwblrStoatwblr Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Now have two LNB connections having won the battle of getting a second cable through a conduit! :)

I took the Tim Taylor option of drilling a 50mm hole behind the wallplate and hanging an external box outside for access. ("More power! Urr! Urr! Urr!")

Currently running TV, DAB, 12 CCTVs and 2 LNB cables through it. That's planned to increase soon. (Why yes, we do have a slight problem with the local Juvies! Whatever made you guess?)
  • germanycallinggermanycalling Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stoatwblr wrote: »
    I took the Tim Taylor option of drilling a 50mm hole behind the wallplate and hanging an external box outside for access. ("More power! Urr! Urr! Urr!")

This was a brown trousers decision for me as there is a 3-phase power cable very close to where I would have used a drill in normal circumstances. Thus using the existing conduit seemed worth the effort. The More Power might have resulted in something nasty! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I would have been seriously impressed with that reply from any currys employee as at least 20% of it is accurate :D
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caz42 wrote: »
    Personally, I would have been seriously impressed with that reply from any currys employee as at least 20% of it is accurate :D

Is that a C- or D then :D:D