• NortherlyNortherly Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heartland FM is worse than amateur hour
  • andrew1973andrew1973 Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chris983 wrote: »
    Radio city,smooth radio,real radio NW actually 90% of all northwest commercial radio is awful

You think 105.4 is bad now... just wait until it becomes Heart...

I've tried listening to Key 103 also, find that equally dire but it's apparently Manchester's number 1 station. I must be not an average person then! :rolleyes:
  • dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Essex?

Especially on a Saturday if you don't like sport or gardening.
  • spotify95spotify95 Posts: 7,894
    Forum Member
    andrew1973 wrote: »

I've tried listening to Key 103 also, find that equally dire but it's apparently Manchester's number 1 station. I must be not an average person then! :rolleyes:

No, leave it at it's current station, don't turn it into a Heart!
    If it did become a Heart, you'll be subjected to repeated songs, half of which don't make their final choruses!
  • Steve_WattSteve_Watt Posts: 65
    Forum Member

Key needs a swift kick where it hearts as soon as or it's gonna find that what remains of it's listenership has fallen for a station wearing the emperors new clothes.
  • Mark CMark C Posts: 20,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve_Watt wrote: »
    Key needs a swift kick where it hearts ..................

Unfortunate typo
  • Sam WalkerSam Walker Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    BBC Radio 1
    KISS
    Capital
    Heart
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC Radio 1 especially Nick
    Heart TV and Radio
    Smooth Radio: May become Capital Gold soon
    Capital FM and Capital Xtra
  • AL89AL89 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    instead of worst radio stations is there a thread for the best UK radio stations.
    I will start

Radio 4 and 4 extra
    Classic FM
    Oldies Paradise
    BBC Berkshire
    Forum Member
    AL89 wrote: »
    instead of worst radio stations is there a thread for the best UK radio stations.
    I will start

Radio 4 and 4 extra
    Classic FM
    Oldies Paradise
    BBC Berkshire

I'll make a new thread for you. :)
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In terms of being well known all over the country, Radio 1.
    I haven't listened for any length of time since Mark and Lard gave up.
    They were marmite, but at least they were different.
    Forum Member
    Hi,

In case anyone wanted to know about the best radio stations, here is a thread: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=69369261#post69369261
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member
    spotify95 wrote: »
    Hi,

In case anyone wanted to know about the best radio stations, here is a thread: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=69369261#post69369261

Will these actually be the best stations or just the best stations according to some posters.
    Forum Member
    Station ID wrote: »
    Will these actually be the best stations or just the best stations according to some posters.

It'll be just like how this thread is - but with the best stations. So probably opinions, but there will probably be more votes to particular stations.
    Forum Member
    BBC Radio 1 especially Nick
    Heart TV and Radio
    Smooth Radio: May become Capital Gold soon
    Capital FM and Capital Xtra

Radio 1 don't play the music I'm into - and talk too much
    Haven't watched Heart TV as it's not available on Freeview, plus it's virtually the same as Heart (see below)
    Heart - don't live up to their claims of music variety, DJ's are sometimes annoying, sometimes songs are cut too short (as in 3/4 of the way through).
    Actually on reflection they do have music variety. The variety is you don't know whether song will be played in full or hacked of 3/4 of the way through.

I'm standing by my choices - Capital's the best out of the lot. They play my kind of music, the DJ's are tolerable and the songs are usually played in full. No hacking of vocals through choruses, thank you very much! :D
  • andrew1973andrew1973 Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (I realise this contributes nothing to the thread for which I apologise in advance but can we have a thread for "most repetitive forum poster whose opinion we've seen written hundreds of times already and we bloody get it now, thank you, find something else to say please!") :rolleyes:

If such a thread existed I know who I'd be "voting" for...
    Forum Member
    If such a thread existed I know who I'd be "voting" for...

Spotify95! :D;):o :rolleyes:

I was just saying what the worst radio station was - i.e. on topic :)
    Give me Capital any day :)
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The capital bias in this thread is stupid, Its the WORST station ever created with common top 40 rubbish which isn't even music.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the Bauer FM stations in Scotland. Narrow, repetitive playlists full of awful music, shared playlists, networking for over 50% of the week, a "request" show from 2-3 that miraculously has the same songs on all stations at the same time and don't get me started on "Thousand pound Thursday" with plugs every 15 minutes.

Dire radio and a shadow of their former selves and an awful listen. God knows how they hang on to the audiences, some people are easily pleased it seems.
  • -ajm--ajm- Posts: 5,879
    Forum Member
    Mark C wrote: »
    Unfortunate typo

Was it?
  • ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,845
    Forum Member
    Caught a bit of Radio Merseyside the other week, seemed to be lots of Tarby / Ken Dodd type jokes and someone actually said "Here's one to get your flares flapping to on the dance floor" and was playing Tavares

Have they got to 1980 yet?
  • jdukjduk Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    heart has got to be the worst.
    it's obviously rubbish as nobody as complained about there relay transmitter thats not set up correct and has a french station splattering all over it.
  • MusicmasterproxMusicmasterprox Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait till Heart arrives in Scotland.. (with possibility of Capital being sold off to another station with a new name)..
  • Musicman103Musicman103 Posts: 2,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me, all commercial radio is now terrible

and this is coming from someone who was a big ILR listener 20 + yrs ago

Also not sure why "more music variety" stations get any listeners. If you want to hear "Ain't Nobody" 10 times a day, stick it on your mp3 player. No gab, no ads, no chances to win tickets for a Z factor concert
  • PassengersPassengers Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, all commercial radio is now terrible

and this is coming from someone who was a big ILR listener 20 + yrs ago

What was better about 1993 than 2013?