Musicians pretending to have a favourite station

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
Forum Member
When such & such are paid to say "X is my station..." why don't rival stations blacklist the artists that participate in pretending to have a favourite radio station ?

Comments

• Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    It's a symbiotic relationship. They need each other.
  • carlito_coolcarlito_cool Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    Jessie J would never get played anywhere as "Capital plays it" when she makes a hit, but "Kiss is MY station" is her declaration at the same time!
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member
    When such & such are paid to say "X is my station..." why don't rival stations blacklist the artists that participate in pretending to have a favourite radio station ?

For a radio station to blacklist a popular artist would be suicide as far as audience is concerned. You're telling all of their fans that you won't hear your favourite aftist on this station so you should turn off.
  • paulx23paulx23 Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Station ID wrote: »
    For a radio station to blacklist a popular artist would be suicide as far as audience is concerned. You're telling all of their fans that you won't hear your favourite aftist on this station so you should turn off.
    Like Capital did with One Direction a few years ago.
  • Harris TweedHarris Tweed Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Steve Power had one of those from Kim Wilde on the Hot FM stations back in the day:

"Hi.. this is Kim Wilde. Whenever I'm in town, I never miss Steve Power. I never listen.. and I never miss him"

Lovely send-up of the whole idea :)
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,411
    Forum Member
    paulx23 wrote: »

Which was a publicity stunt and didn't last very long from what I remember. Both parties gained a lot from it.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought this thread was about musicians.
  • BMRBMR Posts: 4,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What happened there? I don't remember that. Was it Capital London or the whole network ?
  • james_watersjames_waters Posts: 1,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They thanked Radio 1 for an award that Capital sponsored

I did think that when Olly Said this morning that kiss was "his station"