Options

Haha something I just noticed.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I remember seeing before Time of Angels aired that Matt Smith accidently broke a part of the set. I've seen this episode a few times now and have never really noticed it.

On my last viewing I noticed it (the part where River shows The Doctor and Amy the 4 seconds of the angel being repeated he grabs something from the roof and breaks off) the thing that makes it funny as there is a pause and if you look closely you can see Karen trying not to laugh.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Hah, yeah I know which bit you mean. I wonder why they kept it in? Maybe they've just figured 'to hell with it, we can't afford a retake EVERY time Matt trips over his own feet or breaks a chunk off the set: We'll just pretend it's characterisation...'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scene they aired isn't the initial mistake, it was done deliberately; when they were filming Matt ripped it off by mistake and everyone thought it was really funny so they had him do it again to reshoot the scene :D
  • Options
    Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scene they aired isn't the initial mistake, it was done deliberately; when they were filming Matt ripped it off by mistake and everyone thought it was really funny so they had him do it again to reshoot the scene :D

Yep, it was mentioned on Confidential.

It's like in Friends where Matthew Perry adds in his own jokes (London ep: 'It's a very large plane' line) But this is Matt breaking things instead lol. Clumsy person he is.